- Experienced and business savvy information technology engineer with multiple IT industry certifications and a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Skilled in team leadership, cross functional collaboration, vendor relations, IT Training, Multi - tasking, meeting deadlines, excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and delivery. Proficient in Mac/Windows/UNIX/Linux/Cisco/VMWare.
- 15 years of experience in information systems, telephone system and network technology.
- 15 years of experience administering surveillance systems, NVRs and DVRs and door access control.
- 15 years working with various on premise backup solution and online backup services.
- 10+ of experience creating training material for new services added to the service catalog.
- 10+ years as a Project Manager Consultant.
- 10+ years of experience implementing and administering ERP Systems.
- 10+ years managing server’s virtualization with Hyper-V and VMWare solutions.
- 10+ Information Security.
- 8+ years of experience with different CLOUD computing solutions.
- 8 years administering and supporting UNIX/AIX and Linux Red-Hat servers.
- 8 years of experience leading an IT Department with 3 IT Specialist in charge.
- Diagnose and resolve server problems, perform system updates and backups.
- Ability to describe technical information in easy to understand.
- Develop and secure network structures.
- Technical writing (Technical documentation).
- Problem solving and multi-tasking.
- Information Management.
Proficient in: Active Directory, Network Administration, IT Management, Help Desk, Service Desk, IT Compliance, MAC, Microsoft Windows Servers, Office 365, Fortinet, SOPHOS Suite, ITIL methodology, Cisco, Backup Exec, MSP Solar Winds, SQL, Microsoft Azure, Exchange, PowerShell, UNIX/Linux bash commands, VMWare ESXi, Microsoft Vision, ipSentry, Netwrix Auditor, Nutanix, GroupWise, E-mail and Collaborations Applications (Lotus/Domino, Outlook/MS-Exchange) Windows Scripting Languages for Automation.
ADDITIONAL AREAS OF EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
- Project Coordination
- Improved Network Efficiency
- Intrusion Prevention & Detection
- Help Desk Operations & Support
- Technical Analysis
- Customer Service
- Continuity of Operations
- Crisis Management
Confidential, W Monee, IL
IT SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Served as a primary point of contact for support local data center network operations.
- Worked with customers to define and design new network builds, configurations and strategies to meet the business requirements.
- Supervised junior staff and mentored to improved performance in the IT department.
- Mentorship one of the Junior IT Technician to became Cisco Certified Entry Level Technician.
- Leading IT Technicians Team in CLOUD computing and Virtualization Projects.
- Responsible for projects lifecycle, change management, resources and testing.
Confidential, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Responsible for delivering a 99% uptime guarantee for all casino information technology systems, CMP, AIX, UNIX, SDS, STC and Table view.
- Run daily backups and documented log events, user access, checklist results, and service requests.
- Initiate and supervise a monthly UNIX server switchover and system maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of the casino’s IT Standard Operating Procedures (IT SOP).
- Ensure IT operations are at above average standards, which factored into the casino’s overall above average grade during an evaluation by the Gaming Laboratories International.
- Administrator of the casinos surveillance system (NVR servers, cameras, door access controls, and workstations).
- Implemented and manage the service desk department and achieved a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction by providing highest levels of service support, utilizing ITIL methodology.
Confidential, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
HELP DESK SUPPORT / SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
- Supervised network access, user support, system performance, office microcomputers, and the documentation of daily activities and events.
- Designed and implemented security policies and procedures for users to prevent system vulnerabilities.
- Conducted diligent system monitoring, inventory management, and recordkeeping of vendor quotes, purchase orders, and invoices involving system upgrades or repairs.
- Developed protocols to shield the network from advanced hacker technology and tactics to prevent a system breach.
- Set-up web hosting accounts and provided technical support for a large number of corporate clients.
- Utilized ARC serve and CA to schedule network backup for maintenance, upgrades, and data protection.
- Successfully migrate Exchange 2003 to a Hosted Exchange Solution with Apptix Managed Services.
- Implement the service desk solution Track-IT to manage IT service request.
- Owner of the project for the upgrade of the new ERP Solution
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
PC AND APPLE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
- Provided technical support, software installation, and build out services at the customer’s location.
- Customized computer systems based on analysis of customer’s wants and needs.
- Tracked in-store inventory to ensure the availability of parts for warranty repairs.
- Established and coordinated training programs for new PC/Mac customers.
- Member of the Tech Team assigned for the installation of the new Data Center for the Confidential Bayamon store.
- Build and repair computer equipment at Confidential .
- Mentored new store associates on customer service, job specifics, and corporate standards.
- Assisted customers and small business owners with the proper network security settings and protocols.