A highly motivated Technical Support professional, strong verbal, listening and written skills, comfortable in interacting with all levels of the organization and the public and able to negotiate and problem solve quickly, accurately, and efficiently. Adept at multitasking to achieve individual and team goals as well as a diverse background includes computer operations, technical support, customer service and supervision. I am committed to quality and excellence. I am seeking an entry level management opportunitycommensurate with experience and education.
Networking& Applications Installation & Testing
- Installation, configuration, and management of MS Windows 2000/XP Pro/Windows 7/Server 2003& 2008, Red Hat Linux 9.0, Ubuntu, Fedora Core X, Cisco IOS, Apple Mac 10X, MS Office for MAC & networking for MAC
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems in a network environment including Intel x86 PC, Cisco routers, hubs, switches, MS Office 2003, Internet Explorer, MS Visio, Application Installation & Testing
- Able to upgrade PCs, both hardware and software. Monitor Utilities Raised Floor Water/Air/Physical Security
- Proficient in Windows7, XP, 2000 &Professional, Word 2003, 2010, PowerPoint 2003,2010 Visio, Excel 2003,2010 and some applications for managing and maintaining Server 2003& 2008
- Installation of components related to desktop and laptop computers, hardware and software and configuration.
- Restoring Operating System images to multiple computers at one time utilizing Microsoft Server, Opensource Clone system IBM Clonezilla server& performing image wiping on multiple computerswith “G DISK”
- Hardware: Unix, HP, NT and Novell servers, Tape drives 3590, CMOS 2064, Coupling Facilities 9672, ESCON directories 9032, IBM dummy terminals 2074 Sysplex timers 9037, Tandem tape drives 3840 and 5190, Guardian O/S G06 03, Regatta, Host- RISC/AIX O/S, Silo LTO 3584, Tapes drives (24 total) Utltrium 2, EMC, DASD, devices, 8830 & SYMM-6, Storage Tek silos 9130 and tape drives 9490 XEROX Docuprint 96 MX, IBM 6400
- Operating Systems and Software: IBM 3090, MVS/ZOS 390/JES2, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Excel, Zeke/ZEBB, CA-7, Microsoft Word, HMC version 1.8.1, monitored security cameras on data center floor, Netcool, Vantive&Maximo (open, track and close tickets), AS400 tape drives 830 Production System AS/400, version V4R5, Backup and Development System, Alert Monitoring system, Microsoft Outlook Express, Active Directory, Microsoft Word 2010, DB2 Driver installation and testing
Deputy Director of Confidential,
- Plan, develop, direct, coordinate and evaluateNUCUP operations and program activities
- Participatein the development of NUCUP programs and the implementation of new NUCUP programs
- As assigned, directs the operation of development of NUCUP goals, recruitment, selection and supervision of staff, and responsibilities for results achieved
- As assigned, directs NUCUP budget preparation and expenditures of unit appropriations recommends future funding requirements as a result of new or modified program requirements; independently evaluates the financial position of NUCUP
- Acts in an advisory capacity to the Director and other officials concerning proposed and newly enacted policies or procedures affecting NUCUP operation
- Acts for the Director of NUCUP in his absence
Earned MBA Degree W/Concentration in Information Management
Earned BS Degree Information Systems Security EXPERIENCE
Earned AS Degree Information Technology/Computer Networking Systems
Dec 2012 to Feb 2013
Desktop Support Technician/ Confidential,SSC
- Coordinate user appointments through Microsoft Outlook/Calendar Microsoft Communicator
- Remove old Data Direct Sequel Link Driver Set Connections to IBM Z10 Mainframe
- From users’ desk side via external device, Deploy IBM Data Server Runtime Client (IDSC) to user HDD
- Install via Command Line interface new IBM ODBC DB2 Drivers
- Test newly installed driver connections to the IBM Z10 Mainframe
Oct 2011 to Oct 2012Technisource-Spherion/ Confidential,
Desk side Support Technician Ace Insurance, Confidential,Midtown Atlanta
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktopcomputers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards andguidelines.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktopcomputing equipment and software.
- Works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine andresolve problems received from clients.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
June 2011 to September 2011 Confidential,XEROX Equipment Transformation & Implementation Project
PC Technician/Verizon, ING Printer Initiative
- Tag with Asset number and configure new machines to be deployed according to client’s specifications.
- Print configuration sheet off any printers being replaced and note IP address.
- Program current machines IP address into new machine.
- Program current fax phone number, header, and machine name into Xerox printer.
- Test network connectivity, scan to email, scan to fax, and all functionality of printer.
- Map one user to device and print a test page.
- Document all printer information and location on check list
- Remove all documented printers for disposal
- Print multiple copies of Verizon mapping instructions and leave behinds.
May 2011 to June 2011 Confidential,Cobb County School District-Splost III
Lead Installation Technician Teacher & Student Laptop Installation Project
- Travel to customer sites to install new or upgraded equipment.
- Install& Restore computer hardware andor software per the sales agreement
- Prepare and present on-site training.
- Assist service department with troubleshooting and repair of customer equipment.
- Respond to on-call assignments after business hours.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
March 2011-May 2011 Confidential,Atlanta Branches
Lead PC Technician/Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Dual Monitor Conversion Project
- Supervise/Direct 10-15 technicians in branch implementation of monitors
- Coordinate with branch LCON to Deploy HP 19” Monitors
- Install NvidiaQuadro NVS280/NVS290 video card on motherboard (when needed) and connect correct cables
- Configure HP Compaq desktop DC7800, DC7900 & DC8000 software via Windows XP
- Communicate/Coordinate with HP Bridge personnel until completion of branch deployment
- Complete necessary documentation with branch and technicians
August 2010-November 2010 Confidential,State of Georgia branches
PC Technician/Conversion Project, from Confidential,
- Break/Fix Equipment, New PC Installs, Re-imaging, New Printer installations, New Server Installations
- Un-box equipment, Record serial numbers for each PC, update spreadsheets
- Replace/Re-image new PCs
- Install printers, change printer naming convention
- Connect PC’s to network printers
- Test Peripheral (Add Master/Check Reader) for teller lines
- Install Verifone
- Cable Management
September 2007 –August 2010 Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Information Technology Help Desk/Technical Telephone Support Agent
- Respond totelephone (45-55 volume) requests for technical services. Provide phone support hardware/software.
- Answer routing questions on the function and use of products Microsoft XP, Windows 7 Lotus Notes
- Utilize company specific software to help troubleshoot, diagnose and solve problems over the phone.
- Utilize various databases
- Use and support Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2000/2003, hardware, and local network printers
May2007-September 2007 Confidential,GA
CTO – STAGER
- Build POS equipment to vendor specifications
- Memory addition
- Component addition - Drives, CD’s and floppy’s, card readers
- Download operating systems, Linux, Windows XP and XP Professional
- Stage other POS equipment in other departments
May 2005–September 2007/ Confidential,Atlanta, GA
Computer Operator- MIS Department
- 3rd shift operator/help desk associate; all duties performed with no direct supervision.
- Monitored IBM/MVS OS390mainframe triple LPAR and supporting operating systems.
- Responsible for monitoring batch jobs via TSO, SDSF, ISPF and BETA42.
- Read JCL for job failures and resolution. Monitor utilities raised floor
- Printed and distributed reports via impact printers and laser printers.
- Monitored, processed, printed and distributed accounts payable and receivable checks.
- Performed IPL on a weekly basis and as determined by management.
- Submitted and monitored daily, weekly and monthly backups on HP systems and IBM Mainframe.
September 2004– January 2005 Confidential,, GA
Data Technician/Control-Computer Operator
- Monitored IBM/MVS OS390 mainframe single LPAR and supporting operating systems.
- Monitored batch jobs via TSO, SDSF, ISPF and CA-7.
- Read JCL for job failures and resolution.
- Printed and distribute reports, maintain tape library and mounting tapes.
- Scheduled daily batch runs and processing daily batch jobs is also a job function, as well as check printing and processing