- More than 5 years experience performing system administration and help desk activities
- Increased network efficiency by over 200% by identifying network bottlenecks
- Received effective collaboration award for promoting a good working environment
- Computer Science Degree
- Microsoft certification: MCP
Desktop Engineer / Desktop Migration Support 2011
Performing desktop support and migration activities.
- Windows 7, Vista, XP
- Outlook configuration
- Printer configuration
- Docking Station set up
- Hardware (Dell, HP, Desktop, Laptop)
Jr. Systems Administrator / Systems Support Tech 2000 – 2006
Performed system administration activities in a 24x7 operations environment for Windows and UNIX based systems and applications. Responsibilities included: programming, Active Directory administration, TCP/IP configuration, system monitoring, troubleshooting, hardware replacement, upgrading computer operating systems, add computers to network, backup and restore.
- Increased employee efficiency through programming by automating repetitive tasks.
- Saved company thousands of dollars by troubleshooting and repairing computer hardware, software and network connectivity issuers.
- Insured upgrade success by developing technical installation and testing procedures for hardware and software installations
- Prevented possible network crashes by developing baselines and monitoring the effects of increasing network traffic
- Stabilized network by identifying needed topology enhancements
- Promoted from a 2 months consulting job to a 5 year consulting job because of a wide range of valuable services offered
- Increased employee productivity by performing a full system overhaul making all computers fully operational
- Prevented legal issues by identifying licensing issues that needed to be addressed
- Programmed scanners (harewire and wireless)
Computer Training Consultant
Confidential,Walnut Creek, CA 1998 - 2000
Consulted with IT Managers to develop and coordinate computer training
Software: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2 Server, Microsoft Office, C++, Java, Unix, Active Directory, Networking Protocols, TCP/IP, FTP, DNS, DHCP, Wins, SMTP, Ghost, VPN, GPO, and Migrations.
Hardware: Printers, Desktop, Laptops, Dell, HP, Memory, NIC, Power Supply, Disk, Motherboard, Video drives, Scanners (hardwire and wireless), Docking Stations, Network LAN/WAN, and storage.
AS Degree Computer Science
Microsoft Certified Professional