Seasoned IT professional with 15 years' combined experience in change/incident & problem management, technical support, and vendor relations management. Proficient with ITIL best practices including service level management and service operation workflows.
Areas of expertise include:
Staff Supervision | Vendor Relations | SLA/OLA Management | IT Support Services Management
Incident/Problem Management | Process Improvements | Project Management | Troubleshooting
Software/System Upgrades & Configurations | Equipment/Software Purchasing
ITIL Best Practices | Change Management | SDLC | Policy & Procedures | System Administration
"Responsive, capable, and thorough...Vince always follows up on issues while remaining optimistic and very positive. A true professional and delightful co-worker." ~ Don Bussell, Owner, Omicron-USAProfessional Experience
Owned by the North America's leading railroads, TTX Company provides railcars and related freight car management services to the North America rail industry
Confidential, Chicago, IL - 1999-2010
IT Vendor Relations Manager - 2008-2010
Drove management of vendor programs, maintenance contracts, and service agreements. Led IT organization change process and ensured quality Infrastructure and business applications through SDLC and UAT. Maintained key performance metrics, and troubleshoot incidents related to vendor outsourcing activities. Ensured compliance with contractual service specifications, monitored vendor performance, maintained monthly scorecard data, oversee management of contract signatures/files.
- Slashed costs $1M through elimination and management of service agreements.
- Played integral role in re-engineering Change Management processes and workflows; helped establish a Change Advisory Board.
- Minimized risks by establishing framework for normal, standard, and emergency changes.
- Reduced expenses through consolidation and contract reviews with IT Managers, Legal Department, and Vendors.
- Established and enforced guidelines for department-wide document retention schedule.
- Introduced guidelines to improve efficiency and review of related vendor issues.
- Provided consistent follow-up on all contracts under review, and ensure that contract reviews are actively managed with the associated IT Manager, Legal, and Vendor.
- Performed review of infrastructure hardware, software service agreements to ensure service and license compliance
Supervisor IT Help Desk/ Support Services - 2006-2008
Led IT Support Services organization operations and support of business applications; configured laptops, PCs, hand-held devices, Remote Access, peripheral devices, and printers. Coordinated workload assignments, established goals, and conducted performance evaluations. Ensured SLA and OLA objectives were met through diligent leadership of incident reporting, problem management, and escalation processes
- Enhanced departmental efficiency through rollout of service catalog and new services utilizing web-based request system to replace phone-based request system.
- Led successful office and remote PC/Laptop/Microsoft Office, and Printer upgrades.
- Established guidelines and strategy for security deployment and release updates.
- Implemented an automated incident management summary report that summarized all incidents reported within 24 hours and all unresolved critical/urgent incidents.
Senior Technical Analyst II - 1999-2006
Delivered exemplary nationwide technical support and training. Served as liaison to Corporate Senior Management, Field Maintenance Operations, Divisions, and Regional Distribution locations. Configured core business application, and defined PC/laptop standards and purchases. Developed PC and laptop images, rollout and configured PC software.
- Developed and executed project plans for Citrix, VPN, LANDesk, BMC Remedy, Outlook, MS Office, and SAP applications.
- Participated in development of disaster recovery planning
- Evaluated and recommended new services and software applications to service delivery.
- Honored with "2002 President Award for Excellence."
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Manager, IT Help Desk - 1997-1999
Managed all aspects of the Help Desk staff, including supervision of employees and consultant staff.
Re-engineered Help Desk processes, includingRemedy Problem Management implementation, Service
Level Agreements, Y2K hardware remediation, andIntegration ofComputer Operations & Help Desk to achieve 24 / 7 support.
Confidential, Rolling Meadows, IL
Systems Administrator - 1990-1997
Roosevelt University, Chicago, ILITIL v3 Foundation Certification
A+ Certified ProfessionalCrestcom Bullet Proof Management
HDI Support Center Manager
Quality Improvement Focus Program
Symantec Antivirus, Ghost, Citrix Metaframe, Group Policy, SQL, IIS, LANDesk, F5 VPN, Active Directory, SAN, LAN/WAN, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, Windows 7, Mac OS, Vista, XP, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Clarity, MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, CA Service Desk, Remedy, Cognos, Impromptu, Crystal Reports, Backupexe