Summary of Qualifications
- An independent and self-motivated person, proven expertise in supporting and trouble shooting hardware, Software and networking issues.
- Organized, take-charge professional with exceptional follow-through ability and detail orientation, able to plan and oversee projects form conception to successful conclusions.
- Outstanding communication skills, able to grow positive relationships, interfaces effectively with upper management, venders, staff, peers, and most of all end users.
- Strong technical background with a solid history of delivering outstanding customer service. Dedicated and focused; able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and follow through to achieve project goal.
- Solid Knowledge of LAN/WAN network administration and support under 2000, 2003 and 2008 environment.
- Knowledge of configuring DNS, DHCP and WINS.
- Installed and administered Exchange 2003 environment and worked with Exchange 2007 in test environment.
- Installed and configured Doman Controllers in Windows 2003 and 2008 environment.
- Managed and administered servers in VMware virtual environment.
- Knowledge of SQL 2003, 2008 database administration.
- Experienced on MS XP, Vista, Windows 7 and MS office 2003, 2007.
- Knowledge of Remedy and Numara Track-It ticketing system
- Fluent in English, French and Amharic.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
July 2007-Present Confidential,Braintree, MA
Help Desk | System Administrator
- Accountable for analyzing, configuring, building, testing, troubleshooting, resolving and repairing internal users and remote site client’s desktops, laptops and printer issues.
- Administered company virus protection using McAfee EPO product.
- Administered Diskeeper on all PCs and Servers, using Diskeeper Administration.
- Troubleshoot VPN issues using Cisco VPN client
- Configured and maintained customized images for every department using Ghost software; and deployed PCs and Laptops accordingly using these images.
- Managing, configuring and deploying voice over IP (VoIP) phone systems. Responsible for phone support (setup new telephone extensions, voicemail, etc).
- Managed Help Desk Calls and log all calls into the database (Track it)
- Tested enhancements and modifications to business applications
- Maintain help desk procedures and documentation for end users as needed.
- Developed skills include developing Information Technology projects and network infrastructures.
- Complete special tasks as needed.
December 2006-June 2007 Confidential,Boston, MA
PC Technician for Treasury Technical Service
- Answer questions, troubleshoot and resolve problems regarding Federal Bank standard software applications (Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, email, etc.); hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Worked with Treasury equipments assembling, imaging with required security setting and software, configuring, quality controlling and putting all together for the required use and gave support.
August 2006 - October 2006 Confidential,Boston, MA
Technical Support Agent
- Receive work orders; assign and escalate work orders to appropriate staff; track work order progress and completion.
- Deployed and installed new computers, printers, fax machines, and laptops.
- Configured and added the machines to local domain group with all the required applications and security settings.
- Created users accounts in Active Directory and created local network map drives for users.
August 2006-October 2007 Confidential,Boston, MA
IT Technical Support Agent
- Determine the cause of equipment failure using various types of complex test equipment
- Maintain accurate records of equipment assignments
- Follow-up on all network related issues to ensure customer satisfaction
- Make frequent field visits and assure that satellites facilities are, functioning properly, and measures are being taken to correct any deficiencies
- Assist where needed to identify customer system and equipment problems
- Program and test new products
- Supported desktop applications in Local Area Network environment, analyzed, repaired computer systems and software, technical support for PC desktop systems, laptops, printers and fax machines via remote access, phone, and email or in person.
December 20032-May 2004 Confidential,Boston, MA
Photo Lab Help Desk
- Determine source of equipment problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.).
- Advise staff on appropriate action.
- Document resolutions for future reference.
- Other duties as assigned.