Certified Network Support Professional whose has knowledge in hardware, software, and networking technologies to provide a powerful combination of analysis, implementation, and support. Provide network support solutions to protect confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and information systems. Seeking a network/systems opportunity where I can utilize my diverse skills and experiences to benefit an organization.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows XP
Applications: Backup/Restore and Disaster recovery with Windows, Acronis & Norton Ghost. Windows, Zone Alarm and Symantec Firewalls. Anti Virus Protection with Norton, Symantec and McAfee. MS office 2007/2003(Outlook, Access, Word, Power point, Excel), MS Exchange, Active Directory. Norton Antivirus, and Internet Explorer
Hardware: Motherboards, Processors, Printers, Memory, hard drives, CD-ROMS, DVDs
Network Protocols: IP Ping, IP Config, IP Addressing and IP Subnetting, TCP/IP: Knowledge of OSI reference model; Implementing sub netting and configuring a subnet mask and a range of host IDs; and Extending IP Addresses using Variable-Length Subnet Masks. IPV6. DHCP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, LANs, WANs, Ethernet, Wireless, DSL, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, T1, T3, CSU/DSU, Frame Relay
- Worked closely in planning a new operating systems installation and setup
- Resolve software and hardware issues.
- Knowledgeable about utilizing Bridges; Switch Series 1900, 2900,3500; Router Series 1800, 2600, 3600.
- ensuring all computers are working properly or troubleshooting minor issues
- Designing and implementing access lists (standard and extended) and implementation of IP subnetting (FLSM and VLSM) Static routes, over LAN and WAN.
- Expert in TCP/IP implantation (subnetting, VLSM, Network design).
- Added t1 on the Cisco 2600, 1800 and 2800 series.
- Troubleshoot Cisco routers and Catalyst switches.
- Conversant in network topologies, devices, services, and protocols for LANs and WANs.
- Customer service skills gained by helping students with technical issues
PC TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Installed, optimized, and customized desktops and notebooks to user’s need based on their culture, productivity, and interest. And experienced in installation of NT, win2k, win2k8, xp, vista, windows 7.
- Installed wireless router & internet service for end users. Steps involve choosing ISP & configuration of wireless router like security setting, mac filtering, disable SSID broadcasting, UTP wiring from router to pc, channel setting, replacing antenna with bigger and stronger signal, avoid interference.
- Troubleshooted end user\'s pc for variety of situation including no display, OS not booting, can\'t connect to internet, mouse not working etc. Replaced and tested variety parts for notebook and desktop including hard drive, memory, wireless card and other components.
- installation and troubleshooting printers, IBM HP DELL laptops and desktops, in a 5000 user environment.
- Utilized PeopleSoft and other various internal applications to receive, track, document updates and resolve incidents and requests
- Blackberry,Treo,Palm PDA Handheld Support
- Responsible for achieving strong client satisfaction in a demanding environment on users desk and PC Service Center.
- Provided functional and technical support, troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems, including desktop, laptop, WAN, LAN, and remote systems
- Assisted in the installation and updating of software, as well as the setup and troubleshooting of all equipment
- Added/Removed user accounts in Windows 2000 Active Directory/ Exchange2K
- Troubleshoot email problems in Microsoft Outlook 2000/2002
- VPN setup, configuration, and troubleshooting, managed antivirus with Symantec.
- Tracked and de-escalated technology and both computer and telephone equipment systems
- Expertly installed, configured, monitored and troubleshot PC\'s and related hardware on all OS platforms
- Performed diagnostic testing on PC equipment and ensured printers were up and running at all times
- Identified and removed computer viruses and provided major repairs in accordance with outside vendors
- Performed wiring and daily maintenance of internal computer systems
- Resolved Windows related issues, Internet Explorer issues and other PC software related issues
Confidential, (South Plainfield, NJ) Dec 2010 to Present
Confidential,Rahway, NJ) Nov 2005 to Nov 2009
DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST
Confidential, (Parsippany, NJ) Apr 2004 to Nov 2005
Confidential, (Cranford, NJ) Nov 2003 to Mar 2004
PC TECHNICIAN SPECIALIST
Confidential, (Paramus, NJ) Jul 2001 to Nov 2002
Major Cisco and Storage Engineer Professional Program
Courses: CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Cisco Storage/EMC and SAN Technology
Major: Cisco Security Engineer Program
Major: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) 2000
Certification: Microsoft Certified Professional (Windows 2000)
Microsoft Certified System Administrator (Windows 2000)
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (Windows 2000)
Major: Electronics and Network Systems
Certification: CompTIA A+