Help Desk Resume
SUMMARY: Desktop Support Technician Ï Help Desk Technician Ï IT Specialist
Accomplished IT professional with demonstrated success providing tactical and strategic support for schools and businesses. Skilled IT technician and project manager with a proven ability to lead teams to increase productivity and complete long term goals. Looking to further career by learning System Administrative functions.
BPS in Network & Communications Management
Ground Mobile Forces Satellite Communications,
Lightweight Multiband Satellite Terminals, Phoenix Terminals
Ï Information Technology Ï Project Management Ï Server Virtualization
Ï Hardware Technician Ï Switching & Routing Ï Fault Tolerance
Ï Server Administrator Ï Network Security Ï Internetwork Setups
Certifications: A+, Network+
Operating Systems: Windows 95, 98 & ME, Windows 2000, 2003 Enterprise, Windows 2008, Windows XP Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Linux, Apple OSX 10.5 Leopard.
Hardware: Hubs, Switches (Cisco, Netgear, Linksys, Belkin), Routers (Cisco), Workstations, Servers (Proxy, Blade), Laptops, RAID Arrays, Firewalls, Cabling (Fiber Optics, Ethernet, Coax Cable), SCSI, Modems, Printers, Plotters, Scanners.
Software: Exchange 2003 & 2007, Citrix Client & Server, VNC, Norton (Ghost, Antivirus), Kaspersky, VMWARE, PC Anywhere, Microsoft Office 2000, 2003, 2007 Suits, MS IIS Server, Cisco IOS, McAfee, MS Visio, Powershell, Visual Basic, Acronis.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NETBEUI/NETBIOS, PPP, PPTP. SLIP, UDP, SMTP, SNMP, NTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, TFTP, RIP, IGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, ARP.
Create and maintain communications throughout the world for operating Marine Corps forces via satellite uplink. Provide worldwide communications for the Marine Corps in any environment and maintain it.
- Lead 6-10 man marine teams to establish local communication links.
- Maintain global communications through satellite uplinks for entire US Marine Corps.
- Provide mission support for operational forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.
***Currently Have Secret Clearance***
Confidential, August 30, 2008 - July 30, 2009Help Desk Technician / Junior Systems Administrator Support and provide assistance to students faculty and staff with technical problems being experienced. Pick up phone calls and provide technical assistance through it. Accomplishments:
- Troubleshoot, upgrade servers.
- Building out and ghosting workstations and servers using Norton Ghost 8.3 & Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server.
- Cable patching and troubleshooting in server, MDF and IDF rooms.
- Used Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition for desktop security protection via server.
- Created active directory & Exchange 200 test environments using VMWARE to mimic the real network.
- Use test environment to test out GPO\'s in Active Directory for deployment in the school network.
- Modify DHCP scopes in DHCP servers
- Creating and maintaining email accounts for students faculty and staff in Exchange 2003.
- Scripting in Active Directory using VB and Powershell.
- Used Track-It for ticketing services / troubleshooting / inventory.
Support faculty and students with daily issues. Main things include working in depth with Active Directory; do numerous repairs on computers and working with Norton Ghost in great detail.
- Project Manager of a 5-man team. Worked at New Utrecht High School\'s Cisco lab, Upgrading the network within the room; created an entirely new network infrastructure, server, and implemented various configurations by our client and teacher. Project lasted from 06/07 – 02/08.
Confidential, September, 2001 – June, 2003Computer Repair Technician / Network Admin / General Office Work
Helped teachers with computer related issues such as spyware, viruses, and corrupted operating system files. Helped update computer software throughout school building and made sure that everything was running smoothly. Built, repaired, and upgrading PC’s on a regular basis.
- Repaired and prepared 450 donated PC\'s from Independence Community Bank for educational use to the Board of Education.
- Appeared on the Daily News, Thursday May 23rd 2002 edition as a result to the 450 computers given to the Board of Ed.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes