To find a position in System Administration, Help Desk/ Tech Support, Computer Operations, or Project Management.
17 years experience providing system administration, help desk/technical support, computer operations, and project management in small IT department environments. Was responsible for the following activities:
- System administration of a 20+ W2K3 Citrix XPe server farm
- System backups and restores
- Update/patch servers and pc\'s
- Setup/configure, deploy, and maintain hardware for Compaq Proliant servers, printers, and PC's
- Monitoring and troubleshooting servers, PC's, HP thin clients
- Help desk/technical support of hardware and software to onsite users
- Help desk/technical support for Citrix applications for offsite users
- Training/educating users and coworkers
- Writing and maintaining test scripts, operational procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Researching, Planning and implementing a variety of IT projects (eg. bank wide software rollouts/upgrades, apply system fixes, create operational docs)
- Consultation in the selection, purchase, installation and use of new hardware and software
- Operating Systems: W2K server, W2K3 server , MS DOS, Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, VPN, Internet, Ethernet, Hubs, Routers, LAN/WAN
- Applications: Citrix XPe, VMWare, Xen, Ghost, Veritas, MS Office Suite, Outlook, PGP, Norton Antivirus, McAfee VirusScan, TrendMicro, PC Anywhere, Host Access, Procomm, GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, ArcServe, 3270 emulation programs
- Hardware: PC's, Laptops, Compaq Proliant Servers, Printers, Scanners, HP Thin clients
System Administrator/Help Desk FIS Global at Confidential, Fairfield CA, August 2000 - March 2011
As a part of a six person IT department performed various roles as help desk/technical support, system administrator, and project manager.
- Provided onsite support for various applications and network connectivity issues for over 150+ users
- Provided help desk/technical support for Citrix applications and network connectivity issues support for 90 branches.
- Documented resolutions into internal knowledge database
- Administration of user access and group policy
- Scheduled tasks and created or corrected script/batch files
- Reviewed server logs, performance data, and performed other troubleshooting
- Tracked/maintained software, services and equipment inventory and licensing
- Created user accounts and managed access control
- Created Group Policy Objects
- Familiar with SQL database platforms
- Worked with auditors to provide and implement solutions to IT audits
- Maintained and updated bank's test and certification environment
- Assisted with Bank Acquisitions by providing user/data/application assessment and conversion to bank systems. Participating in the physical branch conversions
- Wrote documentation for troubleshooting, operations, and testing, including:
- Troubleshooting documents for common Citrix issues
- Creating operational procedures for ftp and backup operations and remote access audits.
- Create "how to" guides for coworkers identifying low-bandwidth problems at branch and virtualizing servers
- Trained and educated users on understanding the environment they worked in, how to solve common IT problems and identified where they could improve their workflow
- Trained coworkers on various applications issues/resolutions for better offsite tech phone support
- Coordinated annual Disaster Recovery Test for bank. Work included:
- Reviewed the Bank\'s test scope feasibility
- Facilitated communication between Bank departments, IT department, and 3rd Party DR provider
Implemented and enhanced the client/server portion of the Disaster Recovery Test. Work included:
- Assessed changes to the IT environment that would affect test scope and updated the DR process accordingly
- Reviewed and updated application test scripts to account for changes not caught in change control process
- Virtualized physical productions servers semi-annually
- Validated virtualized production servers using test scripts and working with bank employees
Researched, planned, tested, implemented and verified projects that included file server upgrades, PC deployments, install applications to Citrix servers, Active Directory upgrades, virtualized certification and test environments, DST time change fixes for hardware and software, HIS migration, and ACHPS disaster recovery planning
PC Support Specialist/Computer Operator Confidential, Pleasanton, CA, May 1998 - May 2000
As a part of a two person IT department acted as system administrator on UNIX and Novell servers, responded to user problems, requests and training needs, and performed scheduled computer operations such as check writes, daily/monthly report generation, and loading eligibility information.
- Advised and worked on the Novell upgrade from version 3.1 to version 5.0.
- On a Novell network, set up and configured Norton AntiVirus to update virus definitions on server automatically and on PC's upon login.
- Provided research, verification and resolutions to Y2K problem.
- Setup Call Accounting System for phone system.
- Setup UPS shutdown software for RS6000 and Novell servers.
- Completed replacement, installation, and upgrades of pc's and applications from Win 3.1 to Win95
System Technician/Computer Operator
Confidential, San Mateo, September 1995 - April 1998
As a part of a three person IT department maintained the PC's, terminals and LAN network, acted as help desk/technical support contact for PC and terminal users and performed scheduled computer operations such as processing and distributing daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Installed and configured over 20 PC's for conversion from terminals to PC's. Also added new users to UNIX and NT servers, configured rights and passwords and configured NIC cards on PC's.
- Provided training to new users for Windows 95, ProComm and MSOffice Suite.
- Automated various computer operations jobs using cron on RS6000 and using scripts in ProComm.
- Help plan and implement credit union's move to a new building.
- BA, Liberal Studies, Minor: Telecommunications
- Computer Science
Attended: September 1988 - March 1993