Talented engineer with nearly 10 years of experience in Industrial Automation and Control systems, project leading and technical support, automation software design and development. Demonstrated success in interfacing with all levels of management, vendors and subcontractors to gather information and provide guidance for implementation and improvements for plant control systems for new and existing systems for various industries like: Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, Chemical, and Brewing.
Lead Engineer, Confidential 2007- 09/2010
- Resolved, eliminated control systems issues and led small size projects for new and existing control systems for various Biotech companies.
- Interpreted and understood customers' technical specifications and assisted in applying specifications to system quotations/proposals
- Designed and Implemented HMI applications for various processes, and assisted in developing and debugging various PLC control systems.
- Conducted initial equipment startup and shakedown activities.
- Developed and executed various life cycle documents; such as HTS, FAT and SAT.
- Responsible for the generation, execution and review system requirements, validation plan/report and of testing protocols; such as IQ, PQ and OQ.
- Provided technical training to end users on new implemented systems, through in-house and on-site training sessions, and resolved various control systems change control.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned project deliverables meet customer requirements and are completed on a timely basis by monitoring project budget and schedule and interfacing with project parties.
Project Engineer, Confidential 2004- 2006
- Worked in various areas of brewing facilities including utility, brewing and finishing.
- Provided support to process engineering and worked as liaison between the plant and corporate engineering on several projects; such as Adjusted Water, Hopjack Bypas, AutoBoil, BK Sequencers and Brewkettle Heat Recovery.
- Studied and followed piping and Instrumentation Diagram, and designed various HMI screens accordingly.
- Developed and maintained manufacturing process system databases to control and monitor various plant areas.
- Developed and troubleshot various Visual Basic and C codes used in automation processes.
- Independently managed and prioritized assignments with minimal supervision and handled multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provided technical documentation to help the execution of various processes.
Systems Engineer, Confidential 2002- 2003
- Configured the operator interface touch-screens for various HMI applications to meet the production needs.
- Investigated and troubleshot various Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Validated Plant control panels networking and developed Visio drawings combined with proper documentations.
- Assisted in the installation and the troubleshooting of various vision systems.
- Assisted the configuration of various servo motors.
- Searched and placed orders for needed equipment needed for several projects.
- Modified and updated electrical control schematics and control panel layouts using AutoCAD.
- Supported testing electrical panels for different plant controls.
Technical Support Engineer, Confidential 2000- 2002
- Provided clients throughout North America with technical support to include products' usage, performance/troubleshooting, maintenance, and followed up with them to ensure proper resolutions.
- Developed and debugged code errors for WinCC clients' projects.
- Assisted in the daily support for Step 7 and WinAC problems.
- Configured and tested connectivity between various relational databases and WinCC Sybase database, and executed and verified database transactions and migrations.
- Tested all new software versions before its release to production and acted as technical liaison between the clients and development engineers.
- Developed sample projects, technical documentations and FAQ\'s for publication on Siemens internal website for various products.
- Selected as sole and first-level technical support resource for new CUBE HMI software product.
- Developed detail weekly technical support case reports for managerial review.
- Ensured accurate and complete integration of automation systems by developing interface procedures between HMI and engineering tools products.
- Assisted on training Automation Engineers on Siebel software.
Skills/Area of Expertise
- Rockwell: Logix 500 & 5000, and SoftLogix.
- Siemens: Step 7.
- Rockwell: RSView SE, RSView32.
- Siemens: WinCC, PCS7, Protool & Protool/Pro.
- Automation Direct: EZ-Touch.
- US Data: Factory link.
- Wonderware: InTouch.
- EtherNet/IP, RS 232, RS 485 and OPC.
- VBA, ANSI-C, C++, and Assembly Language.
- MS Access, MS SQL Server, and Sybase.
- AutoCAD, Knowledge of safety and GMP practices, Crystal Reports, Win911, Rockwell FT Historian SE, Factory Talk Batch, Siemens Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) and WinAC.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering.