A seasoned IT professional with proven experience in establishing high quality, cost effective telecommunications solutions plus a unique blend of data and desktop support knowledge. Strong supporter of IT as a service organization, alignment of technology solutions with business goals and working creatively as a team.
- PROFESSIONAL STRENGTHS:
- Thirteen years experience with Private Branch Exchange (PBX) system installations, system redesign and upgrades across multiple locations
- Ten years experience with implementing and developing customer contact/call centers
- Developing a collaborative environment to enable information flow between executives, business unit leaders and technical organization
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and experience in enterprise project deployments
- Systems documentation skills, RFP generation, response analysis and findings presentation
- Budget planning, vendor management/selection and staff development/management
- Design and deployment of voice communication networks, Avaya Communication Manager (CM 3.xx) software, Modular Messaging and PBX servers (s87xx, s8500, s8300) and gateways (G650, G350, G700)
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD); Call Management System (CMS) Call Recording; Work Force Management, and Reader/Wall board display, configuration/design and management
- Familiar with H.323 & SIP trunking, IP routing, carrier facilities/services and LAN/WAN architecture
- Thorough understanding of carrier based services: PSTN, ISDN, T1, DS3 and SONET technology
Confidential, Watertown, MA Telecommunications Support Manager 08/06 – 02/10
Assembled and led a team of highly skilled individuals to design new solutions and maintain those already deployed. Ensured optimal operation of all telephony hardware and equipment including Avaya PBX, gateways, ACD, Call Management System, Intuity & Modular Messaging voicemail, Rightfax, and Inova wallboard system. Worked with a variety of internal and external teams at the conceptual level, analyzed business requirements, developed technical specifications and completed cost analysis. Responsible for Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), all cellular (300+) and mobile broadband (200+) devices.
- Negotiated telecommunication service contracts resulting in over $75K annual savings
- Strategized and partnered with marketing team to increase inside sales leads/contacts by 30%
- Instituted equipment purchasing policies and procedures reducing operating costs by 18%
- Designed, and implemented a scalable, robust hardware disaster recovery and business continuity solution for core communications infrastructure
- Built fax over IP architecture, processing 200K+ fax pages a month for clinical EMR product complying with industry (HIPAA) and government (CMS) regulations
- Converted 2200 toll free numbers from voice carrier standard DNIS termination to advanced routing services platform
- Upgraded 500+ desktop phones from TDM to IP(Avaya 46xx), installed Avaya SES with SIP trunking between headquarters and primary datacenter.
Confidential, Boston, MA Senior Telecom Business Analyst 02/04 – 07/06
- Lead analyst in telephony strategic planning and business requirements for new Interactive Voice Response (IVR) design and CTI desktop technology. Principle for the end to end Call Center environment; ACD vector & VDN programming, performance monitoring, call reporting enterprise system capacity planning and joint projects between IT network group and telecom team. Provisioned / configured all voice circuits, implemented data backup policies and procedures for CMS (Sun Solaris) system. Tasked with operational planning and integration of Cisco outbound dialer CTI environment, Witness call recording, and Inova wallboards. Developed and managed vendor relationships including contract reviews/negotiations, cost analysis and SLA adherence.
- Responsible for call routing disaster recovery design, planning, documentation, testing and execution
- Implemented best service routing (BSR) call routing platform allowing pre-routing of calls to the correct site and best queue
- Designed and managed voice related aspects of the corporate LAN
- Integrated appointment scheduling software and Cisco ICM campaign manager to improve customer/patient contact success rates by 20%
· Migrated CMS R3V8(Sun Netra 210) to R3V12 to improve contact center reporting on 200+ agents
Confidential,Boston MA Senior Telecom Applications Specialist 02/03 – 11/03
- Planned and organized the development, implementation and maintenance of the Avaya PBX and Polycom video systems. Provided day-to-day direction to in-house analyst and vendor technician(s) for MACs as well as system maintenance and upgrades. Responsible for alarm monitoring, traffic report analysis, ACD (call center) programming voice circuit turn-ups, and primary liaison to network services team. Traveled to regional offices to resolve equipment problems, provide user training and directed remote IT support personnel.
· Integrated Voice Genie voice recognition software with IVR platform increasing average accuracy from less than 50% to more than 80%
· Developed and maintained documentation of systems architecture to enhance the team’s understanding of telecommunications data connectivity and topology
Confidential, Cambridge MA Senior Telecom Support Engineer 02/00 – 01/03
Directed all activities associated with the health, performance and reliability of all telecommunication related systems and services including capacity planning, availability and application performance for 11 locations within the U.S. and Germany. Implemented and maintained least cost routing, automatic route selection (ARS), trunk groups and dial plans. Developed and managed timelines and budgets for multi-million dollar projects and various initiatives. Provided direction, set priorities, and determined work assignments for desktop related projects such as office moves, IP softphone, printer and fax installations. Represented telecommunications to the emergency response and business continuity unit.
· Consolidation of multiple long distance voice and network carriers across the enterprise resulting in a savings of $125k in the first year
- Designed and implemented Avaya PBX and Intuity disaster recovery procedures and related documentation.
- Designed and implemented a 24x7 network operations multi-site call center with “follow the sun” time of day routing
· Implemented Parlance names connector voice dialing system resulting in a 50% decrease in routed calls to live operator/reception
· Directed the planning, implementation, and rollout to 400+ users of Avaya Intuity Message Manager’s voice messaging integration with Microsoft Outlook
Confidential, Boston MA Telecom Administrator 08/95 – 02/00
Provided day-to-day support for SQL, Crystal Reports and other reporting tools .Analyzed and defined metrics to drive SLA for the customer help desk line. Supported and resolved all voice/telephony problems, MACs(moves, adds, changes), coordinated scheduled outages when required and vector programming and VDN changes.
· Developed call distribution/vectoring that decreased caller wait time to under three minutes
· Decreased unit cost per call by 20% through enhanced outbound dialer programming and renegotiating long distance T1 contract terms
· Implemented and oversaw database procedures and policies to ensure data integrity
- OTHER COMPUTER SKILLS:
NICE call recording; Tapit and eCAS call accounting software; Polycom video conferencing; Sonexis audio bridge; and laptop/PC configuration, software installation and end-user training.
Project Management, Computer Networking, Critical Writing
Associate’s Degree Program - Accounting