Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Professional with extensive experience in business unit and emergency response planning, crisis communication and pandemic response planning, and evaluation and implementation of Data Center disaster recovery strategies. My strengths include organizing large, diverse groups to successfully complete exercises, directing projects related to the selection and implementation of business continuity products, and consulting with plan owners and writers to develop viable recovery plans.This experience has been effective in various industries both as an individual contributor and manager.
- Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP)
- ITIL v3 Foundations
Sr. IT Business Recovery Specialist
Confidential,12/08 – 07/10
- Responsible for recovery planning for all Critical IT Applications, Hardware, and Network functions including the preparation, execution, and post review of DR Exercises. This includes creation and validation of recovery procedures and design of recovery plans that best fit business requirements and Recovery Time Objectives.
- Identified dependency requirements for all critical IT application functions to determine if documented recovery strategies are adequate.
- Performed analysis of disaster recovery data, which includes analyzing disaster recovery exercise results to determine areas of weakness for the organization, and making recommendations.
- Worked with IT staff to coordinate activities related to tabletop and simulation testing for disaster recovery exercises.
- Identified the need to create new disaster recovery plans for new applications and modify existing documentation.
- Created detailed project plans to accomplish organizational disaster recovery and continuous availability goals.
- Made recommendations to help IT Management set the direction for disaster recovery initiatives.
- Assisted with large projects having high impact on IT and the recovery of critical IT applications.
Business Continuity Consultant
Confidential,04/08 – 07/08
- Responsible for creating and implementing a company-wide pandemic program that establishes steps for awareness, training, employee health and safety, surveillance, policies and procedures, and communications.
- Created the framework for plan development at the business unit level to identify critical functions and employees.
- Created a strategic approach for pandemic response and framework for integration with the company-wide procedures for emergency and crisis management.
- Implemented changes into Paragon for business requirements in a Pandemic situation.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining contact with outside contingency planning professional organizations, and state / local emergency response groups.
Disaster Recovery Consultant
Confidential,10/07 – 12/07
- Responsible for facilitating the development and validation of disaster recovery capabilities of distributed systems and applications.
- Provided systems and process documentation and IT disciplines in complex environments.
- Worked directly with the business lines to ensure that they have proper disaster recovery documentation associated with their applications and are compliant with the IT Continuity Standards.
- Participated in the Change Management and Production Readiness processes and ensure compliance to IT Continuity Standards prior to production implementation.
- Created ways to facilitate the acceptance of the disaster recovery policies and standards set by the client to the business lines and provide ways to highlight the value and importance of these standards.
- Worked with management to ensure that as new equipment, facilities, services, and systems are installed that the disaster recovery issues are addressed.
- Administered and supported plan creation and structure in LDRPS v10.
Business Continuity Planning Specialist
Confidential,10/06 – 08/07
- Responsible for developing implementing and maintaining emergency response procedures relative to the Business Continuity Program to mitigate and contain any adverse consequences to staff, customers and company resources arising from a business interruption.
- Assisted Business Management with developing, implementing and maintaining individual business contingency plans for each critical activity/process ensuring that plans satisfy all legal, regulatory and contractual requirements as appropriate.
- Identified critical resources required to recover and eventually replace core business processes and support service activities.
- Interpreted and communicated internal/external policies and procedures, laws and regulations, to establish and maintain uniform understanding of contingency plan requirements within the company\'s business units.
- Developed and maintained the documentation of emergency preparedness plans.
- Planned and conducted annual test of the IT Disaster Recovery/Business Recovery Plan.
- Prepared documentation of test results to identify gaps and provide test summary report to Sr. Management.
- Provided support to management and business functional areas, as requested, when a business disruption occurs.
- Provided Sr. Management with status reports showing plan and testing completion rate through the use of Pivot Tables.
Business Continuity Officer
Confidential,08/03 – 12/04
- Responsible for managing a small staff of employees who were responsible for supporting the recovery efforts at regional banking locations.
- Provided technical leadership for application disaster recovery plans complementary to business unit continuity planning.
- Managed plan development and executed testing to provide a consistent and well-integrated approach to Disaster Recovery.
- Provided leadership to IT Operations units and IBM for planning and conducting periodic testing of disaster recovery plans.
- Coordinated application recovery tests to ensure contingency readiness, awareness, and validation of business continuity objectives.
- Documented plans, operating procedures and test results to meet audit requirements.
- Recorded, documented and maintained Financial Analysis and Business impact analysis for Business Continuity efforts.
- Performed risk analysis for business areas to identify points of vulnerability.
- Coordinated and maintained testing documentation and call trees for all JPMorgan Chase Collection business units.
- Performed gap analysis ensuring control procedures are in place for all identifiable risk.
- Administered and supported plan creation and structure in LDRPS v9.
Business Support Specialist
Confidential,09/01 – 08/03
- Assisted business resumption staff during a disaster in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies.
- Interfaced with multiple leadership levels, including first-line technical and business managers through senior officers.
- Provided technical leadership and guidance on multiple Chase site wide projects.
- LDRPS v9
- LDRPS v10
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Project
- MS Visio
- BMC Remedy