- Over 10 years of experience in IT support/Helpdesk Support (Level I and Level II) in a fast-paced and challenging IT and Infrastructure in 24x7 Global Delivery Setup.
- Responsible for the PC Refresh, deployment, and Installs for over 900 systems.
- Worked with various trouble ticketing software.
- Assisted in Password resets using Active Directory and email support.
- Worked as Point of escalation for critical issues.
- Specializes in front-end support with superior communication, problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Quick to learn and master new technology; equally successful in both team and self-directed settings; and proficient in a range of computer systems, tools and testing methodologies.
- Worked with Big Tech firms such as Agilent / Broadcom
- Proficient in server management, installs, hardware and software support and basic networking knowledge (CCNA and MCSA Pending)
- Understanding of various operating systems such as Windows, Linux (RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu), and virtualization products such as VMWare, VirtualBox (freeware).
- Managed DELL Servers, Switches, HUBs, LAN/Wireless setup.
Windows Vista, XP, and 7, Linux (RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu), and virtualization products such as VMWare, VirtualBox, MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, Active Directory
EDUCATION and TRAINING
Customized classes-Windows Server 2003
Associate of Science degree
MCP XP, Windows 2003 server
MS Windows Server 2003 & 2008 administration classes
MS SQL 2008 administration classes
Cisco Networking classes
Agile administration classes
COMPTIA A+ & Net + certificates
MCSA certification -- in progress
Electronic Technology Certificate
Confidential, Petaluma, CA
10/2011 - Present (Contract)
Helpdesk Technician Specialist
- Responds to employees requests for Technical help via web queue, telephone or email
- Performs account administration functions (account creation/termination/change, permission change and account information update) for various IT supported applications.
- Responds to outage and trouble notifications with established OLA and SLA guidelines
- Educates and trains users on hardware and software applications when appropriate on service calls
- Maintains the IT Helpdesk section of the company intranet by updating content, processes and forms when necessary.
Confidential, Santa Rosa, CA
5/2011- 10/2011 (Contract)
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve customer problems, relating to hardware, software and applications software.
- Provided email support and password resets using Active Directory.
- Assembles, configured, and tests customized servers, desktops, PCs (Blades, RAID)
- Managed IT Infrastructure, Racking, Server Mounts, Cabling (CAT5, Copper) etc.
- Travel to customers' businesses to provide direct technical support to end users
Environment: MS Office Suite, Windows XP and 7, MS Outlook
Confidential, Novato, CA
10/2010 - 4/10/11 (Contract ended)
Desktop Support (Level II)
- PC Refresh, deployment, and Installs for over 900 systems.
- Manages Dell tasks, resources associated with the project
- Provides user-end support and escalation point, doing Problem Diagnosis, Root Cause Analysis
- Used Industry Best Practices (ITIL) to come up with Action Plans and Process Creations.
- Coordinates activities with customer
- Manages escalation issues between Dell and customer
- Coordinates delivery of the product to customer
- Prepares site and customer for installation
- Manages execution of the deployment
- Opens and closes out project using Dell Quickbase tool
- Configures computer hardware, software and related peripherals
Environment: MS Office Suite, Windows XP and 7, MS Outlook, QuickBase, ITIL
Confidential, Petaluma, CA
12/2004 - 6/2010 (FTE-Laid Off)
Desktop Administrator / Engineering System Analyst (Level I and Level II)
- Coordinated and performed new hardware installations, refreshes, deployments, and upgrades for all systems running XP, Vista, Win7, Windows 2003 / 2008
- Provided level I/II technical support to over 100+ local and remote users 24/7 using XP, Vista, Win 7, Mac OS
- Troubleshot and resolved hardware, software and networking issues
- Created, deleted, and maintained user accounts (VPN, ShoreTel/Vodavi phone systems, Window Active Directory, etc…)
- Configured and maintained multiple WLAN network
- Configured, imaged, maintained, repaired and supported operational needs of various types of systems (i.e. laptops, desktops and Wyse thin clients)
- Supported and troubleshot other peripheral devices, i.e. monitors, printers and faxes (over 250 devices)
- Responded and prioritized helpdesk calls/problem tickets; independently managed and resolved work requests to meet established desktop support SLA's
- Assisted in Linux administration
- Coordinated and performed software installations, re-installations, configurations and upgrades for all systems running XP, Vista, Win7, Windows 2003 / 2008
- Managed daily/weekly back-ups of all mission critical systems and provided data recoveries
- Provided Exchange Server support (Exchange 2007, OWA, SMTP; mailbox creation and management)
- Configured, implemented and administered corporate anti-virus server (Symantec Endpoint) for XP, Vista, Win7, Win server 2003 / 2008
- Managed and documented hardware and software assets
- Researched and procured all computer hardware, software and related peripherals in accordance with the established corporate standards
- Interacted with vendor technical support contacts to address product issues
- Produced clear and concise Windows documentations and procedures for administrative tasks
- Provided end user training
Environment: Windows XP, Vista, Win7, Windows 2003 / 2008, Mac, Exchange