Available immediately for a challenging position using my experience in IT Desktop Support
EXPERIENCE SUMMARY :
- Successfully resolved thousands of software and hardware problemcalls on-site and via telephone, FAX, and e-mail. Install, upgrade and configure systems with Windows 7, XP, 2000, NT, DOS, Windows 3.x, Windows 9x, MS Office, Outlook, Project, and Internet Explorer. Perform workstation and laptop moves, adds and changes as required. Perform workstation upgrades and repairs. Configuredhardware and software to simulate field problems in-house. Responsible for final hardware and software QA of computer systems prior to shipment to customers. Resolve issues in the field and provide user support.
- Build and configure workstations and laptops for new employees. Add new useraccounts to Active Directory Domain. Create new user email accounts on Exchange server. Establish remoteaccess and VPN for remote users. Join PC's to Network Domain. Install, repair,maintain and upgrade existing workstations and laptops. Prepare for and performrelocation and moves of hardware for users. Answer and resolve helpdesk calls fromusers.Maintain spare parts inventory and update company asset tracking. Update service tickets using Remedy, Clarify, Vantive, Clientele, Footprints and Magic call tracking software. Screen tickets and issues. HP Printer Certifications. Certified by HP to repair HP laser printers.
- Troubleshoot Desktop problems (hardware, software, printing and networking). Address/ resolve server issues as necessary. Configure new computers and upgrade and repair existing laptops and PC's. Purchase/ order spare parts as necessary. Configure workstations and laptops for new employees and train new users on system operation. Diagnose and resolve laptop connection issues for remote employees.
- Experienced with Remedy, Clarify, Vantive, Clientele, Footprints and Magic call tracking software. Provide daily, weekly andmonth-end server backups using Veritas Backup Exec software. Experienced in the creation of Technical Support Bulletins, ECO\'s, and repair manuals. Configure workstations and laptops for new hires. Schedule, manage and perform PC repairs, data migrations and upgrades for existing employees. Troubleshoot network printer issues and desktop and laptop connectivity issues.
- Establish and maintain e-mail addresses on Exchange, add new user accounts to domain, join new workstations to domain, install third party software. Act as administrator for McAfee Enterprise anti-virus software package. Remove computer viruses. Experienced in the use of electronic test equipment, and repair tools. Logistics experience (shipping and receiving) and inventory company asset management.
ANCILLARY SKILLS :
Microsoft Office 2010/2007/2003/2000/97, Outlook, Project, Access, Publisher, Exchange, Internet Explorer and Firefox. Experienced with Clarify, Remedy, Vantive and Magic call tracking software. Server backup using Veritas Backup Exec. Visio, AutoCAD, ACT, Ghost, Drive Copy, Partition Magic, McAfee Enterprise Anti-Virus, Disk Keeper, Hyperion Pillar, I-Pass Connect Dialer, Fiberlink Dialer, Intel Net Structure VPN Client, Nortel VPN, SAP Basis, Adobe Acrobat, Oracle and Lotus Notes.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
IT Support / Desktop Support
Order all company computer equipment using Ariba. Configure Dell Windows 7 and XP Laptops and Desktops for new users. Diagnose and troubleshoot Windows 7 and XP, Office 2003, Office 2007 and Office 2010. Set up user Outlook accounts. Respond to hardware and software service tickets. Configure wireless and Cisco VPN. Provide imaging, setup, repair, maintenance and upgrade of company desktops and laptops. Reconfigure and redeploy laptops and desktops of departing employees. Contact 3rd party vendors for printer, copier and FAX repairs. Maintain spare parts inventory and order replacement parts.
Consultant/ Independent Contractor doing short term projects
PC User Support
Consultant doing short term projects while pursuing a long term temp or permanent IT support position in a corporation. Provide repair and maintenance of PC's and laptops for residential computer users.
Confidential, Fremont , CA
Deskside Support / IT Support
Respond to Clarify helpdesk tickets and respond to and repair IBM / Lenovo notebooks and workstations within prescribed SLA. Configure new Laptops and Workstations for recently hired employees. Maintain, upgrade and repair existing laptops and workstations. Successfully resolve issues related to Windows XP, MS Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Exchange, and third party applications. Set up notebooks for wireless and resolve wireless laptop connection issues for mobile users. Maintain spare parts inventory.
Confidential San Jose, CA
Desktop Support / Helpdesk Support
Provide all aspects of HP and Dell computer setups using standardized templates and images. This includes new installations, upgrades and replacements. Evaluation and re-deployment of all used computer equipment returned by departing employees. Responsible for repair, upgrade and maintenance of all workstations, notebooks and peripheral equipment. Configure IDE Hard Drives, NIC's, Wireless Access, and Nortel VPN. Setup support for common protocols (TCP/IP) including support for laptop/ workstation connectivity. Setup and repair network printers. Perform daily, weekly and monthly server backups using Veritas Backup. Logistics support (shipping and receiving) and inventory management.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS/TRAINING :
IBM Computer Repair / Maintenance / Programming.
Confidential Factory laptop repair certifications.
Electrical Engineering, PC Repair.
Microcomputer PC hardware configuration/ repair/ upgrades.
Windows Server 2003 Administration; 2003 Server Technical Support.
IBM PC Architecture and IBM PC Hardware Configuration.
Supporting XP Users and Troubleshooting Windows XP