- Highly experienced PC technician with strong background in software/hardware computer repair (field and lab) and IT network system administration.
- Experience in Troubleshooting, analyzing, and repairing problems of computer elements such as desktop computers, laptops and various components/peripherals of an IT network
- Performed computer installation and operating system configuration in designated networks
- Administered and monitored performance of LAN/WAN network using remote connection tools.
- Operating Systems - Win XP, 7, 8, NT, 2013, OS X and Linux-based OS
- Microsoft Office suites - 2003/2007/2010
- Antivirus and security system
- Experience with various types of PC hardware such as, Apple/Mac, Dell, HP and Toshiba
- Hard drives, monitors, printers, scanners, and video equipment.
- Microsoft end-user technologies including:
- Windows 7 64 bit
- Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft server technologies, Microsoft end-user technologies including:
- Imaging and automated deployment of Windows with SCCM
- Microsoft Office 2010 administration
- Conference room equipment management
- Encryption/Antivirus Apps administration
- Remote Support, VPN & RSA Tokens
- Upgrading PC hardware
- Network protocols including:
- Active Directory, account provisioning, moves/adds/changes, and core configuration. Service desk ticketing software
- Break, Fix Desktops laptops
- Efficient troubleshooter and problem solver
- Customer service oriented i.e. Ability to serve and communicate with different types of customers efficiently.
- Effective time management - Can solve complex system problems in minimum time.
Confidential, Oak Brook, IllinoisHelp Desk Analyst
- Provide resources and technical assistance for migrating data-including, hardware environment refreshes, storage reclamation, consolidation and other .
- Provide services a broad range of solutions from consulting and implementation to managed services.
- Provide infrastructure support with cost-controlled solutions. Include complete management responsibility for all elements of a customer’s IT infrastructure.
- Solutions include the management of systems, call support, network, security infrastructure reporting and monitoring processes.
- Provide internal and technical systems HW/SW support to computer systems development. Managed technical systems SW problems; assisted other staff in the identification and solution of technical systems SW/HW problems on mainframe which includes providing technical and troubleshooting support on desktop and laptops.
Confidential, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Desktop Support Technician
- Configured and installed new Microsoft and Macintosh systems
- Troubleshooter and resolved desktop support issues
- Maintained the up to date operating procedures inside the IT department
- Performed off hour help desk support
- Created user accounts and managed access control of desktop and Network applications
- Worked with hardware and software dealers to confirm well - timed product delivery
- Maintained hardware and software record
Confidential, Elk Grove, IL
Senior Deskt op Support
- Deployed Windows Using SCCM. Provided 3rd level troubleshooting support Windows), user related issues on Windows XP Windows Vista .7, 8, 8.1, 10 windows 2008, 2012 with Active Directory, group policies, print management and thick client applications.
- Manage and troubleshoot print management on Windows 2008 servers and Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Break, Fix Desktops laptops
- Troubleshoot and determine the root cause of applications failing.
- Determine IE settings for applications to work in Windows XP, Windows Vista and Citrix environment.
- Use BMC Remedy Software to support and manage incidents and issues reported by the VIP users.
- Make recommendations on planning and engineering tasks for migration of desktop PCs for applications to function.
- Coordinate with test team to perform test of various fund applications.
- Responsible for the definition, design, including interfaces with other application and systems
- Assures that application designs are consistent with industry best practices application attributes (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
Confidential, Melrose Park, IL
- Determine users’ technical needs and provide them with appropriate solutions
- Install hardware, software and device drivers on standalone computers, PC Breakfix
- Install and configure computer networks including LAN and WAN
- Manage network configurations to ensure that all computers on a network can communicate effectively
- Test computers peripherals, hardware, and software to ensure that they are working appropriately
- Upgrade software, patches, and operating systems on a continuous basis
- Install and configure monitors, keyboards, and printers
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Act as a technical resource in order to assist users with resolving computer issues
- Answer tickets and emails pertaining to users’ computer problems
- Ensure that all computers are secured effectively by installing and updating antivirus software
- Set up and organize IPs appropriately
- Train users on new software
- Analyze network problems and manage preventative maintenance procedures
- Explain the role of network applications and equipment to the end users
- Maintain documentation of technical maintenance procedures carried out
Confidential, Lombard, IL
Help Desk Analyst
- Help Desk Technician, Consulting, Consulting provides technology services
- Performed IMAC activities, along with Pc Breakfix
- Provide desktop support for over 120 clients in the region by phone or in person as needed to minimize downtime
- Plan and lead sessions for new and existing clients as part of the "ATS Team" initiative; facilitate at least 3 sessions per month
- Support as necessary on a 24-7 basis to limit system down time during internal or external outages and peak enrollment periods
- Identify, isolate, and repair computer equipment showing wear and tear as well as during preventative maintenance routines
- Help Desk Level One Support for Caterpillar Worldwide.
- Windows 2008 Server, Citrix, Remedy Ticketing.
Confidential, Miami, FL
IT Field Technician
- Install hardware and software on standalone personal computers
- Ensure maintenance of end user workstations and peripheral devices
- Assist in providing desktop application solutions
- Performed Pc Breakfix and install, Move, Add and Change activities
- Respond to requests for technical assistance
- Manage testing procedures for newly installed hardware and software applications
- Ensure timely repair of equipment
- Assist with network troubleshooting procedures
- Provide backup to the network administrator
- Install and update antivirus programs on a constant basis
- Resolved customer problems on the subject of PC hardware and software issues
- Installed new hardware as required
- Maintained network and associated devices as allocated
- Prepared reports on network and network tools supplies
- Harmonized with IT network providers and conversed regarding latest technical queries
- Provided standby help on PC related issues to all the end users
- Performed additional duties to fruitfully achieve company objectives
- Assisted in installing and maintaining computer systems
- Provided limited troubleshooting services
- Documented troubleshooting activities and preparing technical logs
- Assisted in managing configuring computer networks
- Identified, diagnose, and resolve Level 1 IT problems related to personal computer hardware and software applications in house and at assigned site(s)
- Delivered, setup, and configure end-user desktop & laptop computer hardware, software, Printers, BlackBerry cell phones, and peripherals
- Assisted in maintaining an inventory of IT hardware and software assets
- Conducted end user technical as needed
- Assisted other members of the Technical Operations team with hardware/software/network technical assistance as needed
- Coordinated timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by the third-party vendor maintenance agreements
- Handled the moves which requires uninstall/install, lift and pack/unpack Desktop Computer equipment with peripherals
- Answered calls and respond to emails related to IT support
- Used remote access software to troubleshoot technical problems
- Used Service Desk software to manage assigned workload and update the problem tickets with detailed resolution
- Set Up projectors and video conferencing equipment
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for recognizing and resolving technical (hardware, software, application) problems
- Proven experience with solving computer related issues via the phone or remote desktop
Confidential, Hickory Hills, IL
IT Support Technician
- Performed Install/Move/Add and change activities along with Pc Break fix
- Performed troubleshooting and maintenance operation for windows XP, vista and windows 7
- Troubleshoot application problems
- Provided recommendations on company application enhancements
- Performed troubleshooting procedures for TCP/IP networking problems
- Performed troubleshooting procedures for office printers, faxes, and scanners problems
- Documented and maintain all upgrades to software and hardware
- Installed and configured workstations
- Worked within a ticketing system and create documentation for new processes
- Provided recommendations on company application enhancements