To obtain a position in a PC Technician/Network Support field that will provide further exposure and training in a network administration and networking design environment.
- Performed various software and hardware troubleshooting activities, including network connectivity issues, printer issues, software configuration problems, and various hardware and software upgrades and installations
- Installed and configured various Microsoft Windows Operating Systems on client machines in a networked environment.
- Installed and replaced hardware on end - user machines, including motherboards, Ethernet cards, memory upgrades, hard-drive upgrades, and video and sound cards.
- Installed new CAT5 lines of cable for network connectivity, including fabrication of new jacks and RJ45 patch cords.
- Installed and configured high-speed internet connections for private and business customers
- Assisted with company-wide installations of preconfigured Cisco routers and switches and assisted with network connectivity issues across LAN and WAN deployments
- Assisted with company-wide deployments of new computer systems and printers including towers, laptops, laser, inkjet and ribbon printers to replace older and defective models
- Answered and resolved incoming escalated phone calls from Level 1 helpdesk operators.
- Handled the processing and coordinating of all requests submitted for clients provided by Information Management.
- Performed routine follow-up on escalated issues to assure resolution and customer satisfaction
- Provided training and orientation assistance to clients on use of new computer equipment and software packages
- Performed asset management duties including proper tagging, placement and disposal of newly deployed or disposed of assets
- Created and maintained multiple system images for rapid PC deployment
Included Advanced Business Writing Skills, Stress Management, Advanced Communication Skills, and Negotiation Skills.
Confidential, Lemoyne, PA
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
Technical Support Analyst
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
Field Service Engineer
- Microsoft Business Operating Systems from Windows NT - Windows 10
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft Office Suite - Multiple versions
- Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Internet Technologies including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN design, infrastructure and troubleshooting
- Various PC imaging software packages (including Acronis, Microsoft SCCM and WDS)
- Various helpdesk ticket creation packages (including Remedy, Primus, Vector, and Dell KACE)
- Preconfigured Cisco Routers and Switches in LAN and WAN environments
- Building RJ45 network patch cables and RJ45 jacks
- Running CAT5 cable for device connectivity and network expansion
- Dell Dimension Desktop Series
- Dell Optiplex Desktop Series
- Dell Precision Desktop Series
- Hewlett Packard Desktop Series
- Dell Inspiron Laptop Series
- Dell Latitude Laptop Series
- HP ProBook, EliteBook and Pavilion Laptop Series
- Lexmark Laser Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers
- Dell Laser Printers
- Wireless Router