- Network Engineer, Communication or Desktop Support position. I’m able to offer extensive knowledge of the MS Operating/Networking Systems. I’m a strong team player.
- Develop solid rapport with staff and clients. Work well as part of a team or independently.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with the flexibility to comfortably adapt to any personal or professional environment
Technical: Exposure with Excel and Word or equivalent desktop automation products Tandem, Unix, Circuits, CSU, DSU, X.25 Family, Remedy, Data Scopes, Radiant Mercury, Knowledgeable of basic FTP usage, Understanding of intelligence community requirements and standards.
Computer Network Technologist
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Monitor systems performance and status operation for Confidential using the broker desktop displays, detect and troubleshoot problems, reset system parameters to restore functionality.
- Coordinate resolution of authorization problems detected by the broker.
- Coordinate additional help for system problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain the local IESS request database, updating the IESS using TDMR data as needed.
- Monitor system external interfaces and coordinate with the factory for operational support.
- Monitor strings for proper operation using the OWS.
- Gather metrics for delivery to the customer organization. Identify problems and complete first level problem resolution using SOPs.
- Burn data to CD or DVD to support customer ad hoc requests as time permits.
- In addition, there are several activities that require support: testing activities, changing the configuration of processing steps for certain customers.
- Ensure the operational integrity of infrastructures including required security procedures, and react quickly to ad hoc requests for delivery of imagery products and services.
- Directly provide first and second level fault isolation and recovery for system problems.
- Be able to communicate daily, weekly and monthly status clearly in both written and verbal forms. In addition, there are several activities that require support: testing activities.
- Changing the configuration of processing steps for certain customers.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Also administer and troubleshoot e - mail systems for domestic customers, to ensure connectivity of all X.400 gateway, Novell LAN networks and Confidential mail Platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve messaging related issues in the TCP/IP, X.25, Tandem, UNIX, and cc: mail, NT and MS-Mail environments.
- Responsibilities also include monitoring messaging systems and troubleshooting issues to minimize impact to the customer-base and escalating issues as required in the set guidelines.
- Also responsible for taking all customer trouble tickets on Confidential ’s TRS-T system and making sure that they are being worked properly according to set guidelines.
- Responsible for escalating the tickets base on time frame and priority, and referring to appropriate fix agency for repair. Compile and publish standard operating procedures.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Responsibilities included identifying, investigating, and resolving network problems in and X.25 Packet Switching network, which consisted of BBN Asynchronous, Bisynchronous, and Synchronous Packet Assemblers and Disassembles.
- Certified that all user hardware and software met Confidential requirements for interfacing with the host computer using RJE
- 2780/3780, and System/3 software. Scoped transmissions for improper Bisynchronous protocol, Synchronous Data Link
- Control, and correct Job Control Language to determine the faultiness of user hardware or Software. Additional duties included implementing and operating ARC INTERVIEW 7000 and 7500 Data Scopes to monitor and troubleshoot data communications problems, as well as operating and monitoring a VTAM/SNA Network using hardware and software problems. Provided extensive communications troubleshooting support for Local Area Network topologies.