Information Technology professional, with 20+ years of experience, seeking an opportunity to lead a team of desktop engineers and helpdesk personnel in support of day-to-day technology needs and longer term company-wide initiatives.
Confidential,Charlestown, MA June 2006 – December 2011
A leading health insurance company, with over 1100 employees, offering dental benefit programs to 14 million members, across 23 states.
Desktop Management Services Supervisor April 2010 – December 2011
Supervise a team of Tier 2/Tier 3 administrators and engineers who provide desktop, network, and application support to 1100 diverse business users.
- Oversee all desktop engineering projects, including a Windows 7 upgrade, Symantec Endpoint protection upgrade, Rightfax deployment, Cactus deployment, and OCR and X-RAY scanner installations.
- Define and maintain system standards used by the Help Desk including guides and policies for all desktops, laptops, printers, hardware components, and PDA devices.
- Oversee the administration of all end-user points including Citrix remote access, Symantec Endpoint protection, BES server and policy support, MobileIron Windows PDA administration, Altiris Help Desk database administration and Altiris Deployment Services support (image builds and application packaging).
- Mentor and assist staff with time management.
- Partner with senior staff from Network services, Application support and operations to coordinate and troubleshoot IT issues.
- Expanded Altiris Deployment services to all major sites allowing Help Desk personnel to build systems locally, reducing the need to overextend WAN bandwidth.
- Created an independent test lab used by both Desktop Engineering and Network Services for server and desktop testing. Critical for the Windows 7 upgrade project.
- Established relationships with HP and Verizon for standardized equipment testing to help prevent last minute equipment changes.
Help Desk Supervisor June 2006 – April 2010
Supervised a team of Tier 1 staff in the support of the Enterprise Help Desk Call Center; oversee, report and manage employee activity and goals at four sites.
- Implemented policies and procedures for how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- Ensured maximum issue resolution in minimum time, and provided all necessary information to resolve issues efficiently.
- Implemented and maintained policies and goals that support the organization\'s IT needs.
- Designed and built monthly reports on associate performance and on first call closure rates
- Designed and implemented an ITIL Help Desk solution complete with email notifications, approval workflows for sensitive data access requests, auto ticket routing and complex data reporting using Crystal reports.
- Assisted Technology Support manager with successful Integration of two distinct helpdesk centers into one centralized Help Desk, supporting 1100 users
- Designed and implemented several ad hoc workflow changes to address various support needs as they arose including a server build/decommissioning processes involving several IT and administrative personnel.
Confidential,Stoneham, MA July 2003 – May 2006
A company that provides consulting, training, technology and information to solve the challenges of the 24/7 workforce for fortune 500 companies.
Project Manager/Systems Administrator
Managed all IT infrastructural needs, including end-user support, CRM database maintenance and reporting, disaster recovery planning, vendor management, project planning and implementation.
- Helped resolve end-user desktop/network/application issues
- Administered Goldmine 5.7 for 21 network and/or remote Goldsync users
- Supported and maintained SQL 2000 and Windows 2000 severs for use with Goldmine
- Monitored server and backup logs; installed service packs when needed
- Performed user administration through Active Directory
- Reviewed and applied Windows OS patches for both desktop and servers
- Assigned shares and managed data rights where needed
- Performed disaster recoveries when hardware failed and data needed to be restored
- Administered Exchange 2000 by monitoring space, memory and security to ensure 24/7 access
- Monitored centralized antivirus system and weekly reports
- Planned and implemented office moves, including IT infrastructural changes
- Performed cost-benefit analysis which resulted in the purchase and installation of digital phone system for technical communications project
- Discovered and repaired flaw in data storage security; led to 100% successful back-up during subsequent system failure.
- Led an emergency network and phone system relocation project from one location to two with two days notice.
Confidential,Boston, MA (acq. by BISYS in 2001) April 1996 – August 2002
A full service back-office company providing Mutual Fund Distributors expertise and support in the areas of legal, marketing, sales, and advisory support.
IT Manager/Systems Administrator
Managed all information technology services for three office locations, including email administration, file and
printer services, phone administration, database management, network administration and access, vendor
management, as well as end-user support for 180-200 end-users
- Managed Helpdesk and assisted as Level 2/3 technician for all desktop/network support issues
- Managed company-wide data backup solution utilizing an 8-tape DLT Juke Box, Iron Mountain off-site storage and Recovery Solutions’ internet data vaults for remote site server backups
- Installed, configured and administered NT and Lotus Notes servers and users
- Performed phone Adds/moves/changes on a Merdian Option 11C PBX
- Administered Act for both client server and sales personnel, in-house and remotely
- Migrated 160-users from MS Exchange 5.5 to Lotus Notes 5.x by installing new servers, converting existing data, replacing client software and scheduling off-site training
- Reduced phone-related annual costs by 30% by streamlining company phone system
- Increased user satisfaction with IT support by implementing a Help Desk that improved resolution times from 24 hours to 4 hours
- Managed a branch office installation project, complete with phones, telephone user training, NT/Exchange server, network printing, WAN connectivity, secure internet access, and remote data storage
- Expanded a 40-user Novell LAN into a 160-user secure NT WAN w/VPN remote access
- Upgraded 75 users from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95
- Planned IT relocation projects for company moves and branch office installations
Confidential,Boston, MA (acq. by Mellon Bank in 1993) October 1990 – March 1996
A financial equity management company offering products across many asset classes, sectors, industries, and investment disciplines.
End-User Support Technician
Provided end-user support to all TBC employees locally, as well as nationwide, in a Netware 3.x/4.x environment
- Designed standard desktop configuration for an 850 user desktop upgrade and rollout
- Responsible for the implementation of a Netware 4.x San Francisco remote office conversion complete with file and print access, as well as terminal gateway access.
- Participated in several office & building moves
- Windows 7/XP
- Mac OS X 10.7.x
- Microsoft Office 2010/Office 2003
- Altiris 6.x Helpdesk Database Administration
- Crystal Reports XI report writing
- Sungard FormWorks Manager for OCR Claims Scanning
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Administration
- Active Directory/Exchange User Administration
- MobileIron User Administration
- Blackberry Enterprise Server Administration
- Altiris Deployment Server Infrastructure 6.9
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Infrastructure
- Citrix Application Infrastructure
- Windows Server Update Services infrastructure
- Certified Novell Engineer 3.12/4.0
- Bachelor Of Arts