Network Technologies: TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, Configuration of Switches and Routers (Cisco), LAN, WAN, DNS, DHCP, IPSec, VLAN, ACLs, NAT, Spanning Tree, Subnetting, IP Addressing, VPN, HTTP, HTTPS, Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), SSH, SSL, Firewalls, FTP, SNMP, ICMP, QoS
AWS: IAM, EC2, S3, Route53, VPC, VPN, ELB, Cloud Watch
Programming: C, Java, Python, HTML, VHDL
Software Tools: Wireshark, Cisco packet tracer, MATLAB, LabVIEW, Simulink, Multisim, PSPICE
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Cisco IOS
IT Support Intern
- Monitored user requests for issues with LAN, WAN, Network cabling, Wi - Fi, Desktop computers, Printers and other peripherals and provided technical assistance for troubleshooting.
- Assisted in the hardware and software installation.
- Performed OS installations, antivirus configurations and other software updates on the computers.
- Maintained a database containing records of the tickets generated and attended to.
- Gained hands-on experience configuring routing protocols like RIP, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP according to the topologies given, learnt concepts like route redistribution, static route configuration and troubleshooted the issues that came in the way.
- Developed MATLAB code and simulated the behavior of different queuing models for network traffic - M/M/1 with and without feedback, finite and infinite buffers and MPLS Traffic Engineering
- Worked as part of the CERG team at GMU to implement the SILC cipher (one of the ciphers to have entered the third round of the CAESAR contest, which is an ongoing cryptography contest aimed at finding ciphers that provide authenticated encryption) on FPGAs successfully and developed an area-optimized version of the same.
- Developed code for a simplified UNIX shell in C, which performed basic functions like printing a prompt, text parsing, executing commands like ls, rm, cd, ln, exit, cat and error handling to some extent. I used UNIX system calls to achieve this functionality.
- Implemented threads, synchronization primitives for critical section access, System calls, Paging and Virtual Memory in C for OS161. This involved coding, debugging, running scripts and working on the university Linux cluster.
- Designed the Entity-Relationship diagram, developed relational model and built scripts for constructing Database for a sample medical clinic environment. Implemented a JAVA program with Database connectivity for generating reports for various statistics.
- Successfully designed and developed a Smart Energy meter that sends the electricity bill to the customer’s mobile directly avoiding the disadvantages associated with manual billing. Actively took lead inconstructing the hardware circuit comprising of Arduino (Microcontroller), GSM Module, Digital Energy Meter and did most of the coding in C.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Stood in the top 9% in the National IT Aptitude Test conducted by NIIT, India aimed at testing the candidate's ability in Problem Solving, Team Work, Reasoning, Verbal skills and Numerical abilities.
- Stood in the top 1% in the National Standard Examination in Junior Science conducted by Indian Association of Physics Teachers.