Software Engineer with more than 18 years’ experience providing remote technical support of AIX, Linux operating systems. Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all aspects of the AIX operating system, including installation, Kernel, networking, system performance, virtual I/O, HMC, IBM SAN products, and PowerHA cluster. Provided data analysis and solutions IBM internally and to customers by solving critical technical and customer services in a fast - paced environment. Served in leadership and Duty Manager roles to external worldwide customers and IBM internals. Developed, consulted, and provided training for members in new centers and for new hires.
Knowledgeable in: C/C++, Pascal, Basic, FORTRAN, Assembly Language, Linux Red Hat, AIX, Sun Solaris, Wins 2000, Wins XP/7, Scripting Korn shell, awk, sh, Java, Veritas, DB2, VMware.
Soft Skills within: IBM internal, Project and Training ManagementWORK HISTORY:
Confidential, Austin, Texas
Software Staff Engineer
- Performed recommendations and solutions with extensive data analysis to customers and managements.
- Prioritized workloads and very familiar with system down, critical situations, problem time management and worked extensively with customers until resolution resolved to fulfill customer expectations.
- Analyzed, debugged and provided solutions for Unix/Linux (AIX operating system) in areas of installation, network setup, TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, Performance/tuning, LVM/Kernel, VIO/Lpars, HMC and connection issues, PowerHA clusters based on customer expectations and specifications for many large complex environments.
- Analyzed, debugged and provided solutions for IBM systems (P-series, Blade center, PureFlex), IBM SAN/NAS, storage Disk subsystems such as SVC, XIV, DS 400/3000/5000 , 2145 (sharks), EMC storage, zoning, MPIO, NPIV within IBM spec, other third party fabric SAN Broadcade/Cisco switches, iSCSI, Enterprise Storage Array, RAID, Data Replication, Fiber Channel Protocol.
- Performed Duty Manager Job role to resolve customer complaints, expectations and up-line escalations.
- Reviewed, evaluated and provided problem management record (PMRs) statistics and reports to management.
- Planned, developed, mentored and provided training for new hires in different centers in AIX areas.
- Focal contact point (SME) for escalation and interaction with L3 and development teams.
- Monitored and administered Power systems lab systems and equipements.
Confidential, Austin Texas
- Performed services to clients on hardware (RS6000) and software components within the e-business environment.
- Activities included AIX installation, LVM/Kernel debug, network configuration, performance management, maintenance of operating systems across multiple platforms mainly AIX, database administration, capacity planning, security compliance, middleware applications, Java, high availability solutions and load balancing.
- Supported various middleware and Internet technologies; WebSphere, Domino, MQSeries, Netscape, load balancing, Tivoli, clustering such as HACMP, SP.