To utilize my extensive technical skills and strong customer support abilities to gain employment with a stable local company or municipality that is leveraging its technology investments to the highest degree possible. Ultimately, I would like to attain the level of systems administrator, so that I can provide long - term creative solutions for my employer’s infrastructure needs and mentor junior level staff.
- Systems Administration - Manage day-to day-maintenance of server platforms and associated products such as Active Directory, web sites, Exchange, and databases.
- Helpdesk/Desktop Support - Provide technology assistance and problem resolution to those who possess little or limited computer experience or knowledge while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Participate as a team member on system design projects, from initial concept, scope determination, proposals, layout, submittals, installation, as well as maintenance/administration after project completion.
- Experienced Network Engineer. Can quickly adapt to a wide variety of environments and topologies.
- Performed project/program management. Led and advised other analysts in matters of extreme difficulty and complexity toward successful completion.
- Exemplary communications skills (verbal and written). Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Windows Server 2012r2 Standard
- Windows Server 2008r2 Standard
- Windows Server 2003
- SQL Server
- Disaster Recovery
IT Support Technician
- Administration of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 in many roles.
- Specialized in securing both workstations and servers in complex and dynamic environments.
- Design, installation, and documentation of large campus style networks (fiber, wired, and wireless).
- Trained staff in proper use of server software and how to utilize network resources effectively.
- Took part in on-call rotation for the state’s network infrastructure. Recognized for outstanding performance and thoroughness of communication with customers.
- Participated in daily triage of trouble tickets, and established new priorities as incidents occurred.
- Managed projects to successful completion across the state, including vendor coordination and billing.
- Expert in deployment and support of software at facilities with little or no outside support. Made recommendations to management regarding sustainability of new implementations.
- Responsible for all aspects of network setup and administration in facility schools. Implemented standards across campus style networks. Utilized both LAN and WLAN in various topologies to accomplish customer requirements.
- Participated in assisting local staff with security investigations on many occasions. Solid track record of conclusive and undisputable findings. Recruited often by several Institutional Investigators to assist in ongoing trouble resolution and fact finding missions.
- Established and documented standards to be used statewide in team supported facilities. Resulting Group Policy Objects are still in use today.
- Built, configured, and optimized standard images for deployment of computers. Resulting efficiencies made up for previous need for extra technicians (temp hires and interns) during large refreshes.
Senior Windows Desktop Engineer
- Performed duties to support computer migrations from outside domains into single large domain in support of bank acquisitions across the country as well as pushing software to client computers with SCCM 2007.
- Level 3 support of 30,000 end users and network technicians to facilitate success at all levels of migration and transition. Maintained can-do attitude no matter what the issue involved, and kept a solid track record of success in helping staff successfully migrate to the COF domain.
IT Operations and Support Manager
- Supported Windows Server platforms, hardware and software in LAN/WAN environment including VPN remote access to both physical and virtual resources.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008 in many roles (web, file shares, proxy, and database platforms).
- Administration/maintenance of all company systems including Exchange server, file servers, VMware ESXi 4.1 hosts, SAN storage resources, and internet connectivity. Administration of systems that hosted applications for customers (SaaS model) at commercial collocation site as well (upgrades, maintenance, backups, and capacity management). Responsible for internal support of corporate network resources including servers, email, and internet connectivity as well as being internal SME for Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Responsible for setup and monitoring of corporate firewall and investigating attempted intrusions. Intruders were tracked, identified, and turned over to proper authorities.
- Provided superior support to customers in all matters concerning Gyrus software offerings. Support duties included everything from user education/assistance to bug fixes and data conversion, cleanup, and migration. Field Engineer duties included on-site setup of applications servers for several customers.
- Implemented virtualization initiative encompassing entire testing, development, and production environments. Challenges included low budget and retasking of equipment, as well as tight maintenance windows. Project completed with only a few minor difficulties primarily caused by short maintenance windows.
Desktop Support Technician
- Setup and deployment of new computer systems (image & configuration), and migration of user settings and data to new systems.
- Functional Lead Technician on desktop refresh project.
- Optimization of Confidential server for deployment of new systems as well as implementation of NAS storage.
- Support of new system users as follow-up to deployments which included on-site and remote employees.
Project IT Administrator
- All aspects of storage security administration in datacenter containing over 100 million files (3.2 Exobytes of data) and subsequent quarantine of files based on file creation dates and access stamps. Development of complex shell scripts and collection of file metadata to be stored in tracking logs for subsequent discovery effort by legal department.
- Developed scripts to perform high level of automation for customers, which led to exceeding SLA values by 90% and saving years of man hours.
- Responsible for ad-hoc security reporting as requested by customers enterprise-wide.
- Developed reports for senior stakeholders and project owners to assist in monitoring progress.
- Answered calls in state agency helpdesk environment while tracking metrics related to call volume and performance.
- Resolved user issues including everything from Active Directory account maintenance to software installation.
- Specialized in utilization of remote support including the use of both Dameware and RDP.
- Used those tools when necessary to support users in matters of complex configuration (including patch management).
- Worked closely with Field Technicians during escalations to ensure that work logs were maintained, SLA’s were met, and technical documentation was updated.
- Authored technical documentation of standard operating procedures for matters of extreme complexity.
- Worked with Linux Administrators to establish a state-wide Nagios monitoring system.
Service Desk Analyst
- Performed troubleshooting of remote computers and applications via phone and remote desktop control for a variety of callers in an international setting.
- Included system administration, Active Directory, Group Policy, security verifications, level two and three call coordination, network connectivity issues, and other calls as required. Initial triage of incoming calls, and subsequent escalation to second level support groups.
- Excellent record of problem resolution at first call level.
- Participated in Active Directory Separation Project which involved 22,500 computers and 18,000 users. Performed Active Directory administration while adhering to IT policies..