- Private industry and public sector experience assessing data governance maturity and providing strategic direction for large clients including Teradata, Confidential, GE, & the Federal government.
- Program and project management professional with 20 years of data management, data warehousing, data analytics, and business intelligence experience in government settings focusing on data governance, requirements gathering, analysis, development, and training.
- Strategic planning, performance monitoring and evaluation experience ensuring project execution meets organizational strategic initiatives.
- Product marketing experience in utility, software engineering, and education sectors.
- Experience leading large scale, remote, and global projects in analysis/requirements gathering, design, development, implementation, training, and documentation.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, PM.com, PMBOK, Six Sigma, Agile, & SCRUM methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to communicate complex technical information to non - technical audiences.
- Effective writer with successful results in proposal writing, marketing communications, technical writing, and training development.
- Experience in both public and private sector.
- Core subject matter expertise in utility, education, and finance industries.
- Business intelligence, data analytics, and data warehouse strategy expertise.
- Develop test plans, test cases, and execute testing for SSRS report performance and new software enhancements.
- Serve as COR (Contracting Officer’s Representative) as needed for certain contracts.
- Develop RFP’s/RFI’s to procure products and services from vendors serving the Federal government.
- Lead evaluation process for RFP review and vendor selection.
- Lead effort in building data governance awareness to support improvement of data quality and data management for analytics solutions.
- Evaluate program and project results ensuring solution components meet customer needs and align with organizational objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with CIO and Legal departments in developing project review process implemented agency wide.
- Provide project management support across all Data Analytics Division projects within the office of the Chief Data Officer serving as a resource to ensure consistency in solution components across all areas.
- Ensure projects are properly structured, follow appropriate process to support momentum in moving forward (not just for the sake of a process or a checklist), and have appropriate documentation.
- Provide direction for project kick-off and initiation.
- Serve as Requirements Analyst assisting with project requirements in the early project stages for all projects.
- Manage project documentation - not just creating documentation but knowing WHAT to document WHEN.
- Ensure project plans are completed for projects and plans are substantive and meaningful (assist as needed with completing project plans and serving as a reference for project management questions.
Program Manager & Site Manager
- Led efforts to build data governance awareness for data warehouse by educating senior staff (AIG level) on benefits of data governance.
- Instituted processes for developing data quality assessments and appropriate data management documentation including data dictionaries and change control measures for data sets used for reporting.
- Managed onsite contractors and approved leave requests, timesheets, and performance evaluations.
- Provided program oversight and leadership for data analytics strategy and projects for the office of Countermeasures and Performance Evaluation (CAPE).
- Managed development of data warehouse including migration of data sets from legacy systems and SAS models.
- Reviewed project management schedules and provide leadership and oversight for project management activities.
- Provided contractual leadership for vendor contracts.
- Engaged and drove vendor initiatives around data analytics strategy and roadmap development.
Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Developed and implemented a data management initiative of Business & Data Stewards to manage data quality issues for source systems before data was loaded into the warehouse.
- Managed data warehouse projects from beginning to end.
- Solicited and documented requirements for business intelligence applications.
- Promoted data warehouse solution throughout internal organization (22,000 staff).
- Trained end users on new features/functions in data warehouse solution.
- Created stakeholder communication plan and internal marketing collateral/training docs.
- Conducted inventory, analysis, and evaluation of various “duplicative” data applications and extracts (spreadsheets) currently used and planned across FCPS. Evaluation included analysis for duplication and overlap in feature/function/content compared to existing data solutions to gain an understanding of why existing data solutions are not being used to meet the need.
- Solicited understanding from customers how they use data and what data they need when.
- Evaluated existing IT processes and procedures and recommend possible enhancements to better meet customers’ needs in accessing and using data.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Training and Program Planning Consultant
- Developed training strategy and wrote training plan.
- Prepared training materials and delivered training.
- Served as the “voice of the client” soliciting product feedback and incorporating into future product development plans.
- Redesigned application user interface to improve product usability.
- Conducted performance testing on Cognos applications.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Assessed data governance maturity for assigned clients and implemented data governance project infrastructure to initiate data management best practices.
- Served as senior consulting manager providing revenue and cost forecasting for assigned projects, contract review and bids for targeted projects, and content for responses to RFP’s.
- Managed senior and junior consultants and led projects for Confidential & Department of Education for the state of Iowa.
- Led efforts to redefine and update Claraview Way SDLC methodology.
- Wrote marketing materials and provided web content shaping company message and branding.
- Developed interview and survey questions and framework for analysis.
- Conducted interviews and captured interview results.
- Analyzed interview data against other supporting documentation from project sponsors.
- Lead Project Manager for team of consultants (both onsite and off-site) in implementing a state education data warehouse solution for Iowa.
- Managed project budget
- Managed all phases of software development life cycle ensuring timely delivery within scope and budget.
- Managed client relationship including project staffing, budget, schedule, contract, work orders, and invoicing.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Director, Technology Services
- Led department of 64 staff comprising the following units - Information Systems, Network and Infrastructure Services, Technology Training and Support Services, Engineering and Technical Services, Technology Integration Solutions, and Network Architecture.
- Responsible for budget of approx $12 million.
- Managed implementation of two major system replacements for student information system upgrade and Oracle ERP to replace Finance and HR systems.
- Led efforts for department restructuring improving customer service and executing major technology initiatives.
- Led initiative providing wireless networks in all schools.
- Developed support infrastructure and implemented software tool HEAT to manage support calls and process for providing technology support.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Senior Product Manager/Project Manager
- Managed data warehouse project - (approx 20 staff) from multiple business units.
- Analyzed current marketplace to position and launch data warehouse/decision support system product into public and private sectors.
- Created product release notes, marketing collateral, and training materials to market product both internally and externally.
- Analyzed technical and business solutions of 3rd party vendors to develop partnerships enhancing product offering resulting in commercialization.