Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and experienced Data Center Engineer with a 7 - year background in Enterprise Data Centers, 1.5 years Confidential Storage Administration and over a decade of experience in the IT Industry.
Technical Support Engineer
Confidential, Wichita, KS
- Supported virtual Confidential ONTAP storage in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud.
- Installed and configured Confidential Cloud ONTAP 1.0 and Confidential OnCommand Cloud Manager (OCCM) through AWS AMIs, as well as AWS EC2, S3 and AWS Networking components.
- Supported Confidential cDOT ONTAP 8.1 to 8.3 outside of the Cloud, specializing on CIFS, NFS and Networking (Nexus 5010/5020, Catalyst 2960 and CN1601/1610) .
- Deployed multiple lab environments to simulate customer environments for testing purposes.
- Wrote Knowledge Base (KB) articles, bug reports and Knowledge Transfers (Kx/TSAP).
- Participated in Engineering Q/A testing on e-Series OOTB deployment.
Confidential, Wenatchee, WA
- Was initially hired to provide Managed Services expertise for a start-up company, but the company dissolved three months after my hire date.
- Provided first and last support services for the parent company, Wenatchee World Publishing, including all standard Tier 1 support as well as Windows Server 2008 R2 administration (L1 Active Directory), VMware vCenter administration and supporting several proprietary applications such as BrainWorks, Saxo and Zimbra email administration.
- User account administration in Active Directory, ShoreTel IP phone/voice mail system, security door codes and email accounts.
IT Ops/Support Analyst
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Solution deployment within a core HP data center environment, including the configuration of several different systems and technologies.
- Kick started Ubuntu, Redhat and Exsi via PXE and ILO, as well as configuration of the network interfaces and file systems.
- Wrote scripts in Perl and Bash to automate certain tasks like updating DHCP.
- Updated DNS records in BIND.
- Configured OA and Virtual Domains in the C3000/7000 blade environment.
- Configured Cisco 3020 Switches, HP A/S/E Series Switches and Flex-10 Switches.
- Configured hypervisor in EXSi deployments and imported hosts to vCenter.
- Designed and configured IRF Fabrics and TOR switched networks.
- Troubleshooted access layer network issues.
- Configuring vdisks on P2000's, mapped hosts, configured IBRIX storage solutions and resolved storage issues on IBRIX/EXDS, EVA, 3PAR and MSA hardware.
- Performed maintenance and break/fix tasks as well as on-call rotation duties.
Data Center Capacity Planner
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Assisted with the organization of the Service Life Extension Project in a 80000sq.ft data center, including efficient use of space and power in an at-capacity data center.
- Worked with several teams, both in application development and facilities, to schedule outages to move cabinets and/or devices to new locations, to move extra power from one zone with no available space to another zone with extra space, and to generally utilize industry best practices such as hot and cold aisles.
- Integrated existing data with new inventory/reporting software (NetZoom).
- Wrote scripts in Visual Basic, helping the project save an estimated 3 months of time integrating the old system with the new system.
Data Center Operations Engineer
Confidential, Chandler, AZ
- Installed server and appliances from rack to switch, including building the server to meet hardware specifications, racking and establishing network connections as well as configuring remote KVM and power management connections.
- Server technologies included HP Proliant, Dell PowerEdge and SUN Fire series.
- Storage technologies include SAN (EMC) and NAS.
- Appliance technologies included Imprivata, Google, NetBotz and several others.
- Configured remote KVM connections via Avocent DSR8020/Cyclades and Avocent DSView.
- Configured remote power management service through BayTech DS9 system.
- Monitored surveillance cameras and temperature sensors through NetBotz.
- Performed daily walk-thru to identify and resolve potential issues including server and network hardware failure.
- Resolved server hardware failures and provided L1 Network support.
- Responsible for 23 remote locations (DSSO's) to create and manage Change Requests via HPSM (previously HPSD) for facilities maintenance and/or upgrades.
- Responsible for all remote power cycle requests which were performed through the BayTech DS9 system.
- On-Call 24/7 availability.
- Initiated several proposals to improve the Datacenter including moving from SUN X4600's to an HP BladeSystem solution for a VMWare environment, policy changes to improve uptime and a retrofit project to adequately label existing network infrastructure.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Promoted from Operations Technician to Hardware Engineer in a Data Center responsible for 2000 servers.
- Server installations, configuration and decommissions.
- Planned floor rack layout based on based on network availability, power requirements and future growth.
- Configured server hardware as needed.
- Configur ed remote server connections (ILO, DRAC, RSA, KVM).
- Resolved server hardware and network failures.
- Created and approved Change R equests.
- Familiar with Confidential ProLiant and Integrity series and MSA storage arrays, IBM System X and System P series, Sun Fire and CoolThreads series, and DELL PowerEdge series.
- Installed and configured Avocent DSR switches.
- On-Call 24/7 availability. Member of the Emergency Management Team.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Provided internal tier 2 technical support.
- Performed monthly security patches on hundreds of servers via Update Expert.
- Administered StorageTek L5510 and Adic i2k tape backup machines .
- Management of off-site tape storage.
- Ran backups and monitored system utilization of over 1500 servers using Unix and NetIQ.
- Resolved bad link and device down issues using Spectrum, coordinated with Level3/ATT and other providers as needed and assigned/escalated issues as required .
Technical Support Agent
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Help Desk support for Dell XPS Customers. Operating systems supported included Windows XP, Windows XP MCE, and Windows Vista. Common issues resolved included resolving Post issues, BSOD codes, device compatibility issues, and hardware failures.
- Dispatched replacement hardware and technicians to customer as needed to resolve issue.
- Kept detailed ticket information using a Dell proprietary web application.