- Performance Monitoring - Plays an active role in monitoring the overall performance and tuning the various database performance bottlenecks.
- Database Administration - Performs detailed database administration across millions of records, including reporting and technical support of 24 regions across the state of Florida
- Process Improvement - Authored a 50-page database dictionary to serve as a tool that aggregates frequently asked questions to simplify database troubleshooting and technical support
- Performance Reporting - Develop daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports supporting measurement, management and service improvements aimed at helping Floridians find jobs through services and resources provided by Florida’s workforce system.
- PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, DEFAULT, CHECK and UNIQUE constraints, and investigate cascading FOREIGN KEY constraints.
- Determine appropriate single column and composite indexes strategies.
- Create tables as heaps and tables with clustered indexes, also consider the design of a table and suggest an appropriate structure.
- Read and interpret details of common elements from execution plans.
- Design effective non-clustered indexes.
- Design and implement views
- Design and implement stored procedures.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Window XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Database Systems: SQL Server 2005, 2008, and 2012. Oracle, Microsoft Query AnalyzerProgramming C#, C++, Java, HTML, FoxPro, SQL.
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Core FTP, Adobe Photoshop, Lotus Notes, Notepad, Dreamweaver.
Government Operations Consultant /Employment Security Representative
- Develops and maintained SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 databases.
- Creates and executes stored procedures to update tables of the federal programs and then create a backup of the tables.
- Develops periodic federal, state, crystal and local reports for the agency and partners.
- Reviews federal and state law and consults with staff and partners as appropriate to develop or redesign state and federal reporting procedures, forms, systems and manuals.
- Works with programming staff to implement programming changes as required by federal or state mandates.
- Identifies reporting issues and addresses problems related to timely production of federal and state reports.
- Investigates, reviewed, and conducted analysis of data collection problems in conjunction with EFM and regional, state and federal performance.
- Provides recommendations to management relative to correcting problem areas.
- Performs ad-hoc applications, designs, data queries and reports.
- Utilizes T-SQL to build reports to import into an Excel format of the job seekers of the different federal programs.
- Provides and technical assistance to AWI staff, regions and other partners with regard to performance and reporting systems.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , T-SQL, Production, Development, Backup/Recovery.
- Processed initial unemployment compensation claims via telephone, mail and internet.
- Determined issues, concerns and/or complaints, employers or other customers. Accessed and researched necessary records to either resolve those issues or refer to a specific or appropriate program specialist or supervisor.
- Researched and explained the unemployment compensation program at the request of callers and direct them to the appropriate place to file a claim. Explained how to file via mail, fax or internet.
Systems Project Analyst
- Established and maintained databases used for testing and production.
- Established and maintained database dictionaries.
- Wrote queries using Microsoft Query Analyzer.
- Performed database maintenance.
- Developed security and control procedures for databases including recovery and back-up procedures.
- Developed and documented standards for use, control, updating and maintenance of databases.
- Worked in coordination with programmers, programmer/analysts and other data processing personnel on procedures related to new or existing data files.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Query Analyzer, T-SQL.