- Gathered information from technical documents and developers to create user friendly product deliverables.
- Documented a complex software product using agile software development methodology.
- Created and edited print, web and online help documentation, as well as implementation, configuration and materials.
- Managed and prioritized tasks based on software release schedules and negotiated time lines.
- Communicated effectively with developers, engineers, mathematicians, product management, marketing, and professional services clients. Proactively collaborated in a team environment.
Software and Other: Microsoft Office 2010, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint 2010, FrameMaker, RoboHelp, EditMe, MindTouch, Altassian Confluence, Prezi, Camtasia, PaintShop Pro, Photoshop Elements, SnagIt, HTML, Visio, MapPoint, SPSS, Teleform, Eclipse, Tortoise CVS, TeamTrack, PDK, OpenAir, Agile, SCRUM
Confidential, Houston, TX
Trainer, Professional Services
- Provide leading edge Confidential pricing software that generates pricing decisions, pricing analytics, and deals using real time optimal pricing
- Developed configuration materials documenting how to use, configure, and implement the three modules that comprised Confidential Pricing Solution Suite software - Scientific Analytics, Price Optimizer, and Deal Optimizer.
- Continuously updated PPSS software on the computers for in-class sessions and provided updated versions of the software for Computer Based ( Confidential ) users to download and install on their computers.
- Presented and/or was the assistant trainer for week long sessions delivered to employees, customers, and partners, and served as a resource for Confidential users.
- Developed exercises and the exam required for .
- Participated in transfer of all single source documentation to a web-based document portal, first to SharePoint 2010, then to MindTouch.
- Produced tutorial videos demonstrating how to use the PPSS Deal Optimizer module.
- Created and maintained end user documentation (What's New, Release Notes, Tech Notes, Installation and Maintenance Guide, and Configuration Guide) for PPSS using FrameMaker and Word.
- Developed new topics, and updated topics as needed for online help using Adobe RoboHelp.
- Produced Customer Profiles to help educate newly hired professional services sales personnel.
Adjunct Professor, Business & Social Sciences Division
Confidential, Conroe, TX
- Taught students about all aspects of running a business with complete responsibility for the course including syllabus, projects, exams, and all course materials.
Confidential, The Woodlands, TX
- Responsible for marketing research, data analysis, and reporting/presentation of results.
- Managed development and maintenance of website storefront and products.
- Produced industry-wide reports, an important source of revenue: a 2003 Comprehensive Employee Benefits Survey, and a 2003 Executive Compensation Survey.
- Wrote Confidential Conversion proposals (100+ pages) for two Credit Unions which created a rationale to receive an approval to expand their marketing territory.
Business Documentation Specialist
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Produced a detailed proprietary manual documenting how to design, develop, build, and maintain a cancer center.
- Document included timeline of activities, allocation of responsibilities, and benchmarks.
- Annual cancer center openings doubled, meeting and/or exceeding deadline and budget constraints with no increase in personnel.
Senior Technical Writer
Confidential, The Woodlands, TX
- A global business and residential communications company operating in more than 65 countries
- Wrote customer user guides and online help for IT applications, Wholesale Financial, Billing & Collections, and Global Order Entry systems.
- Wrote instruction manual for adding a switch to an International Traffic Data Mart that provided a standardized procedure for worldwide use, significantly increasing efficiency and accuracy.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Manager / Course Developer
- Advanced technologies team lead for course development. Responsible for materials, course design, content, and instructor support.
- Co-wrote and co-delivered Video Dial Tone and Consumer Broadband Network distance learning seminars.
- Revised two 4-day leader-led courses (Principles of Digital Technology and Telecommunications Fundamentals).
- Lead Writer and back-up Instructor for a Data Communications Distance Learning Curriculum, designed for delivery to all (65,000) company employees.
- Twelve-module/48-hour curriculum was approved for three hours of upper division college credit.
- Tuition dollars earned from this curriculum generated 100% of the revenues required to support a zero-base funded organization.
Sales Planning Manager
- Provided, product marketing, product rollout, and sales motivation/recognition program support to Priority Business Sales Teams, considerably streamlining the communication process and goodwill between Marketing Staff and Field Marketing.
- Produced a newsletter for the Priority Business Customers and for the Priority Business Sales Force.
- Designed and rolled out the Executive Contact Program.
- These activities resulted in enhanced company/customer relations.
- Worked with marketing advertising and the ad agency to coordinate and evaluate marketing advertising research needs to improve the flow and consistency of communications between the two organizations and anticipate forthcoming issues.
- Produced high level summaries of all advertising copy testing results and market segmentation analyses.
- Information was used in executive presentations to justify ad strategies and plans.