A Senior Healthcare IT professional with 22 years of experience from both the clinical and technology perspectives. Extensive experience in full cycle software implementations including configuration and installations, system analysis, workflow analysis, software testing and application support. Experienced working with small to medium size teams and leading various size projects. Experienced working with Senior Executive Management. Extensive client support and end user experience.
- Ability to work with customers on resolving issues, obtaining solutions and providing performance enhancement recommendations.
- Ability to communicate with contacts at both technical and non - technical levels.
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks and requirements in an SLA based environment.
- Detail oriented, complying with ISO standards for Documentation Database, Procedures and Change Management.
- 22 years experience in Healthcare, interfacing with patients, doctors, insurance companies and pharmacists
- Project Management experience
- Provide technical support and performance monitoring to various clients.
- Client types include hospitals, medical staff, retail businesses, financial institutions, global manufacturing firms, public utility companies and government offices.
Hardware/Software Skills: Product experience includes SalesForce, BMC Service Desk Express, Google Analytics, ReadyTalk, Zoom, WebEx, EMRs (including Meditech, Epic, NextGen, Allscripts), Concord (CA) eHealth, HP Openview (NNM and Firehunter), HP (Mercury) Sitescope, Astra Load Test, SQL Server and Database, Visio, Exchange Server, Active Directory, Cisco/Nortel routers/switches, Juniper/Netscreen VPN appliances, Remedy.
Technologies include: HL7 interfaces, Electronic Medical Records, LAN, Routing/Switching, VPNs, LAN/WAN Protocols, SNMP, Windows 2000/2003/2008 server, UNIX, Solaris.
Confidential, Yardley, PA
Senior Helpdesk Manager
- Central point of contact for clients and internal staff regarding the Confidential suite of electronic products.
- Responsible for Client Implementation, Documentation, Technical Change Requests, User Management and
- SalesForce Queue Management - Helpdesk, Product/Content and Fulfillment queues
- Escalate as needed to various contacts throughout the company and provide timely updates to the clients
- Coordinate between clients and Product/Content Development teams for Bug Fixes and Enhancement requests; Assist with user acceptance testing and communication to clients
Confidential, Horsham, PA
HIE Install and EHR Support Analyst
- Responsible for managing the implementation of all interfaces (ADT, Lab, HIE, CCD, and Pharmacy); Pre-implementation through to post go-live audit.
- Provide 2nd level client support remotely using technical skill to resolve complex issues with customer's interfaces, databases, EHR software applications and technical configurations.
- Install Health Information Exchange related software components.
- Manage call queue and make sure follow-ups are timely
- SQL querying and analyzing log files to help resolve issues
Confidential, Yardley, PA
- Central point of contact for client issues regarding Krames’ suite of electronic products.
- Project Manager for all client HL7 EMR integrations.
- Responsible for client orientation and proprietary software installation on client systems, integration with client EMRs, SQL database maintenance for HL7 messages, administration and troubleshooting interface engine issues.
- Build customized client websites for Krames Online using Microsoft .NET, CSS, HTML, XML
Customer Network and Enterprise Support Specialist
- Windows and Unix systems, including installation of software, patch and device updates, database migration, poller management, alert configuration, user/group management, database management, license management and report configuration/scheduling. Migrated many systems from Ingres database to Oracle database. Provide support for remote eHealth administrators via email, phone and on-site.
- Administer and configure the software and server infrastructure which monitors websites, email accounts, DNS servers, FTP servers and web-based transactions for availability and quality of service.
- Responsible for multiple Operations Center clients, providing support to the Client Delivery Owner and off-shore Operations Center.
- Provide technical support for Confidential Philadelphia infrastructure and user administration. Responsibilities include user and email administration, hardware and software installation, configuration, patches and upgrades and configuring and maintaining network backups and virus protection.
- Provide 7x24 on-call support for internal and off-shore Operations Center staff.
Network Operations Center Supervisor
- Responsible for overseeing the work of the Operations Center staff: Scheduling,, hiring staff, creating policies and procedures, employee reviews, etc. Reviewing the work performed by the technicians for quality assurance.
- Accountable for resolution of any customer’s issues or complaints.
- Administrate the customer documentation database.
Network Operations Center Technician
- Responsibilities included troubleshooting and escalating Domestic and International Frame Relay, MPLS and DSL circuits. Troubleshoot routing/DNS issues using ping, traceroute and analyzing routing tables.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Responsible for self-pay accounts receivable.
- Review of EOBs from various insurance companies
- Extensive customer relations.
- Reviewed and approved accounts for bad debt.
- Established and implemented procedures for projects.
- Responsible for updating the charge description master with changes/additions.
- Filled Prescription and IV orders for in-house patients.
- Maintained inventory control of the formulary/non-formulary items in the dispensary and multiple Pixus machines throughout the hospital
- Worked under limited time restrictions with precision and accuracy.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Promoted from receptionist to Billing Manager.
- In charge of ICD-9/CPT coding and billing for all insurances and self pay accounts
- Responsible for identifying inefficient procedures. Implemented new procedures, which achieved a 25% increase in revenue.
- Acted as a liaison between patients, doctors and insurance companies.
- Assisted patients’ in understanding their EOBs and deductible/co-insurance responsibilities