Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Dell and HP Computers, Networked Printers, Blackberries, Remedy and Magic Ticketing System, Concordance, Active Directory, Altiris, Corel WordPerfect, Microsoft Office, Ghost, Hummingbird DM, Microsoft Internet Explorer, USMT, SCCM 2013, VMWare. MDT
- Charged with providing local, remote, and telephonic support in response to a 14,000 user migration from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Installation and configuration of new laptops and PCs. Replace hardware and computer peripherals.
- Document, maintain, upgrade or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Installed printers, software, and other computer tools, in addition to teaching users how to use them
- Hardware and software support for issues encountered during migrations
- Network access troubleshooting and repair
- Install and repair faulty or damaged operating system software
- Backed up, imaged, configured, and restored users’ data and software facilitating a Windows 7 upgrade manually and via USMT. work with end - users to ensure quality and satisfaction.
- Performs hardware troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance as needed.
- Communicates information and progress reporting, as applicable, to all necessary parties.
- Tests configured systems for appropriate functioning and troubleshoots for any errors found.
- Assists Configuration Technicians with Desk Top and peripheral setup/connections.
Deployment Technician (Team Lead)
- Responsible for managing the complete life cycle of straight-forward to moderately complex projects, including approval, planning, execution and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time.
- Refreshes computers from XP (and similar) to Windows 7 operating systems.
- Completes all required documentation of installation including a quality assurance sheet to ensure accurate billing with respect to warranty contract, proper processing of defective products and timely vendor returns and reimbursements.
- Deploy/Install standard image onto PC ’ s using utility programs
- Migrate end-user documents, mail, desktop, favorites and printers
- Map PC ’ s to network domain
- Provide hands-on and technical support to client end users
- Provide resolution and assistance for Windows XP and Windows 7 issues
Desktop Support Technician
- Input new assets as they are received into the Asset system, and coordinate the surplus of excess equipment
- Triage hardware and software for repeated trends, issues, and basic troubleshooting
- Assist in the account management and user profiles via NetIQ Directory Resource Administration and Active Directory
- Assist with RSA SecurID hardware token and pin management
- Maintain security compliance of servers using LANDesk patch management system
- Coordinate with security on new technology implantation.
Desktop Support Technician
- Perform support and repairs to computer hardware, software, network, printer, audio/visual, BlackBerry and other problems.
- Installing/updating/upgrading standard and proprietary software, add-ins, drivers, utilities, etc.,
- Configuring/activating and updating Blackberry, Wireless Air-card, VPN and SecureID devices
- Administer planned maintenance, adds, moves and changes
- Assist with special projects, including the roll-out of 300 DELL laptops and desktops
- Working closely with network administrator, software developers, suppliers and other third-party vendors for updates, changes, problems, information and resources important to our products.
Desktop Support Technician
- Works as the Primary Technician to maintain, install, configure, troubleshoot and support PC, laptops, network and local printers
- Interact with a diverse group of staff and outside contacts, organize workloads, develop complex plans and strategies to resolve difficult problems
- Provide the Network Support group with a unique combination of reliability, and superior performance while supporting specialized COTS desktop applications, office logistics, network access and SMS issues
- Unlock, reset, & administration of passwords and user accounts via Active Directory
- Answer phones to assist IT Specialists and users in timely manner
- Perform preventive maintenance on all printers
- Help users with file conversions, editing & saving
Deployment Technician (Lead)
- Technical support for Microsoft Office Outlook, Configuration, Contact and Group migrations and user training
- Imaging and automation configuration to computers for shipment to 81 HUD locations around the world
- Worked with team for Tech Refresh Project at HUD Headquarters
- Upgrade on computer system, Data migration, End user support Answered service desk tickets from users
- Planning, directing, coordinating and budgeting, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities and systems
- Procurement of supplies and materials needed to complete construction projects
- Scheduling projects in logical sequence and budgeting time necessary to meet set deadlines
- Supervising and coordinating duties of workers performing assigned tasks
- Assign daily work assignments and work schedules.
- Keeping control of assets and equipment movement in the Cage/Storage area assigned
- All assets are required to be scanned and a daily inventory is required to be performed
- Relocate systems to designated locations as assigned by the daily schedule or the superiors
- Equipment monitored may include, CPUs, peripherals, or complete workstations and/or removal and surplus
- Separate all parts and accessories that are harvested and will be reused at a later time
- Installed new computers
- Migrated files from old computers to new computers
- Installed Hard Drives, DVD Burners, Floppy Disk Drives, and USB Ports
- Upgraded software, troubleshooting errors from Migration process, printer/scanner complications and finding missing files
- Wiped Hard Drives on old computers.