I wish to find a position that will allow me to continue to develop experience using my educational background in combination with previous and current work experience. I am seeking new challenges to broaden my areas of expertise and to use my skills to the best of my ability in a team-oriented workplace.
Solid Skills in SQL and Networking.
Substantial experience in the help desk environment
Ability to explain and troubleshoot computer issues in person and over the phone.
B.S., Computer Information Systems
Jan 2010 – Current Confidential,Hatfield, Pa
- 24/7 support and resolve all issues reported to the help desk
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications
- Install new software on users computers
- Virus, malware, and spyware removal
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam.
- Active Directory
- SonicWall Firewall Support
- Connectwise and Track It ticketing systems
- Acronis for imaging computers
- Sharepoint for documentation
- Networking monitoring with Labtech
June 2010 – Feb 2010 Confidential,Blue Bell, Pa
Software Tester (Contract position)
- Using the test plan provided my Microsoft to test applications for bugs
- Perform test, document results
- Actively using software that developers submitted to test every function and tool, searching for results regarding performance, reliability, and any other failures.
- Using a device called a Perftool to log information for other reliability issues.
Dec 2009 –Feb 2010 Confidential,Wynnewood, Pa
- Resolved wireless and direct internet connectivity issues using telnet and putty.
- Used Cisco IOS; modems, routers and switches to resolve connectivity issues.
- Submitted work orders to field tech to resolve issues that could not be handled remotely
- Used the software “team viewer” to remote onto customers computers
- Used Orion by Solar Winds to monitor networks
June 2009 –Nov. 2009Confidential,King of Prussia, Pa
Help Desk(5 month contract position)
- Resolved Wireless Internet connectivity issues.
- Ticketing system: Footprints.
- Used Bomgar assistance to access computers remotely.
- Wrote SQL queries to gather specific information.
- Provided PDA support for Cephalon’ Pharmaceutical Representatives.
- Replaced hard drives for HP laptops.
- Added printers, fax machines and scanners to computers by remotely connecting through Bomgar.
- Cleaned computers of virus, malware, spyware and adware.
Jan. 2008 –May 2009Confidential,Radnor, Pa
Help Desk(Student worker)
- Reset student and faculty passwords to enable Internet and Intranet access.
- Registered students and faculty for Internet access.
- Installed/Uninstalled programs and anti-virus software.
- Reformatted computers after backing up data via flash drive and/or external hard drive.
- Performed basic troubleshooting via phone and desk side support.
- Mapped Network drives.
- Set-up computers, monitors, screens, and projectors across campus for incoming students, conferences and seminars.