- With 20 + years of customer service experience in varied employment settings and a growing skill set in the IT field with a focus on IT consulting, network operations and database principles.
- With the strong communication skills and the ability to learn new concepts, I can be an asset to your company by providing excellent customer service, a strong work ethic, and the ability to adapt and learn new skills.
- Knowledge in consulting processes and techniques
- Developed business aptitude skills including communication, presentation, and leadership abilities
- Prepared project proposals
- Developed knowledge in global e - commerce and the role of information systems and the conduct of business through the use of e-commerce, to explore emerging ethical and social issues
- Knowledgeable of the project management skills and processes needed to select, initiate, and plan a project
- Created and completed a project for assignment
- Developed all required forms and charts
- Created the project charter, project scope statements, the project schedule and budget, and risk planning
- Knowledgeable in MS Access, SQL/PL, MS SQL Server
- Created queries and reports using SQL Developer and MS SQL Server Management Studio
- Designed a SQL application architecture
- Demonstrated the ability to import, export, and modify data and create stored procedures
- Knowledgeable in the use and application of the Relational Database Model
- Appraised network architectures, models, topologies, and structures
- Analyzed the layers of the OSI model in relation to network protocols and hardware
- Knowledgeable in the purpose of network protocols and services
- Designed a TCP/IP-Based Network using MS Visio
Knowledgeable in: basic HTML, XHTML and CSS to develop a personal website
Knowledgeable in: basic JAVA programming
Increased knowledge of: Microsoft Office Suite to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
Developed skills in: MS Project, MS Visio, JGrasp and Eclipse
Computer Operations Analyst
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information; adheres to company security policies.
- Adjust, manipulate, and respond to console requests, commands, workflow procedures, and job processes.
- Determine source of system errors, malfunctions, job stoppages, and program information to ensure that operation standards are met and upheld.
- Operate and maintain peripheral equipment as required, including tape drives, hard disk drives, optical storage, fax system, printers, and consoles.
- Ensure all spooled output is appropriately prepared for distribution (e.g. printed, decollated, backed up to tape, etc.) as jobs are completed.
- Monitor systems activity/performance. Report issues/errors to appropriate IT support staff.
- Execute and verify successful completion of processes as scheduled. Document and follow up on abnormal job executions.
- Execute and document electronic transfer functions and processing detail.
- Ensure backup media is transferred to the appropriate off-site location as documented within Operations Procedures.
- Respond to computer systems questions/issues/problems from corporate and remote system customers related to hardware and system software and follow up until all problems are resolved.
- Reroute issues or problems to appropriate IT personnel. Create Help Desk tickets for all support calls received. Ticket description must contain complete support detail, be properly assigned, history progress and resolution entered and status has flagged appropriately.
- Provide Help Desk support during non-staffed hours.
- Work with IT staff to test new/modified programs and systems.
- Participate in pre and post upgrade testing of third-party applications.
- Record completion of job processes on Daily Run Schedule.
- Ensure Data Center keys and Signature Plates are secured at all times.
- Participate in enforcing information security directives as mandated by HIPPA.
- Initialize, enable, and disable HR profiles utilizing secured commands in accordance with HIPAA practices.
- Verify completion of daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly backups as documented and scheduled.
- Adhere to all IT mandated procedures (e.g., project management documents, project tracking, and development forms).
- Communicate with internal customers via phone or email to keep them apprised on the status of requests.
IT Student Assistant
- Log, track, monitor, and respond to requests from the DIT-161 process.
- Answer incoming calls to the Client Service Center phone, meeting identified response standards.
- Assign cases to second-level support staff as appropriate, using established procedures.
- Monitor open Remedy cases for resolution within established timeframes
- Log all requests for technical assistance, received via the Client Service Center phone, e-mail account, fax, or Remedy Web, into Remedy Help Desk using established procedures
- Monitor and report on identified issues and cases, following established guidelines
- Document all information regarding the resolution of requests for technical assistance in the Remedy system
- Attend meetings and sessions on policy, procedure, etc. of applications, hardware, software, etc.
- Working with Active Directory to reset passwords and add Computers to software groups for advertising.
- Utilize Strong Customer Service Skills to identify, diagnose, and solve client problems.
- Utilize prescribed software to remotely connect to client PC and advertise software.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications