A technical manager with over 28 years of proven IT experience. A skilled technical leader, experienced in cross - functional teams and global projects, with up to 15 direct reports. A strong manager with a focus on customer service and IT compliance and security concerns.
Server Hardware: Dell and IBM server hardware, Hardware RAID, NIC Teams etc
Tape Libraries: Exabyte, ADIC, HP and IBM
Peripherals: All PC and server based peripherals, including printers, sounds cards, RAID cards, etc.
Network Connectivity: Various Switches, AT&T DSU/CSU, Cisco Routers & Firewalls
SAN: EMC CX700, McData FC Switches, Brocade FC Switches, EMC DMX1000
Operating Systems: Windows95, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
NOS: Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2012 Server
Network Services: RAS, WINS, DHCP, Performance Monitor, DNS, AD
Applications: Office, Visio, MS Project, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Ecora Reporter, Ecora Patch Manager
Antivirus: Norton Corporate Edition, Macafee
SAN: EMC Navisphere, SnapView, Analyzer, and VisualSAN
Cloud: O365, Lync, SharePoint, People, OneDrive
Manager of Central Support
- Managed a customer facing team of 13 engineers responsible for level 2 technical support for Trader Voice Platform
- Managed one Technical Supervisor
- Created and implemented an escalation process for Level 2 to Level 3 support
- Implemented ticket management guidelines.
- Created and published global metrics for the Central Support teams, such as MTTR, Aging etc.
- Created reports in Remedy 8 for various custom situations as well as standard reporting.
- Managed Incidents and customer communications for large customer/large outage conditions
- Resourced Level 2 engineers for Project work, such as upgrades, location moves, etc
- Managed the Incident ticket queue, including resourcing, review and reporting
- Worked as part of the global regional managers team to ensure consistent operations across regions with follow the sun
- Manage a team of 6 engineers for customer and infrastructure support.
- Implemented a Critical Incident Process.
- Resourced both Project and Incident work, including implementations, patching processes, outages etc
- Managed vendor engagement on related incidents, such as carriers and software providers
- Implemented a web based team project system to track improvement ideas (Asana)
- Designed and documented a customer chat feature process.
- Performed Service Review meetings with customers regularly
Sr. Technical Manager
- Managed a staff of 15+ technicians at various levels in geographically diverse locations.
- Responsible for End Point Management, Mobile Management, Wintel Server management and Account admin.
- Managed and owned the Microsoft Agreements including renewal and SAM audits, changed LAR.
- Completed a reorganization of the team to follow ITIL practice.
- Combined two disparate teams into a single group.
- Reduced headcount by leveraging services from other departments (VM, Networking, Data Center).
- Implemented a secured inventory process.
- Implemented a customer portal to increase customer service.
- Created and reported customer service and team operational metrics to peers and executives monthly.
- Managed and reported on budget, burn rate, year to year comparison, and analysis.
- Managed integration of 3 acquired companies, including project planning and Corporate IT architecture.
Director of IT
- Managed a small staff of employees and consultants in support of all areas of technology
- Designed and built a DR solution in AWS.
- Authored and implemented a formal Change Control Process.
- Authored and implemented a Corporate Information Security Policy.
- Implemented a work ticket system for IT.
- Implemented a standard documentation format and process.
- Implemented an automated inventory and monitoring tool.
- Designed and oversaw the implementation of a new office network and office move.
Manager of Internal IT
- Managed a small staff of technicians in support of the internal IT function and 200 users.
- Managed three locations for server, desktop, printing and telecom services and support.
- Authored and executed an internal branding/customer service project.
- Implemented a work ticket system for Internal IT requests.
- Implemented Yammer.com corporate social networking system.
- Managed a security project to increase the security posture of the Internal IT system.
- Implemented various procedures, including on/off boarding, systems operations and security.
- Responsible for budgeting and reporting for the function.
- Authored standards on server build procedures, server hardening and cluster build.
- Responsible for Systems architecture and engineering, including SharePoint implementation.
- Responsible for Change Control within Internal IT and Change Control interfaces to the corporate process.
- Managed various teams including Systems, Networking, VMware, Citrix, and Operations staff.
- Managed a total staff of 11 technicians (1200 servers, 96 firewall, global locations).
- Engineered and executed three separate organizational changes.
- Responsible for Confidential and Operating Budgets creation and management.
- Implemented documentation standards including an operations document set.
- Managed and owned the IT Governance process (Management Review Board).
- Managed and owned IT Change Control as part of the Governance Process.
- Managed various projects, including lab upgrades, switch replacement, and server refresh.
- Designed and implemented a documentation management process using SharePoint.
- Authored standards on server build procedures, server hardening and cluster build.
- Authored process and responsible for incident and problem management.
- Managed the implementation of managed services with SunGard.
- Authored processes and procedures for interactions with SunGard managed services and Confidential .
- Monitored SunGard compliance and incident response to agreed SLA (metrics).
- Managed SunGard interaction with projects and Governance Processes.
- Managed Change control process interface with SunGard services provider.
- Managed vendor relationship for SunGard, Microsoft, and other vendors.
Lead Systems Analyst
- Managed 7 Systems Analysts in the infrastructure area.
- Managed 8 Help Desk / Desktop, technicians (consultants).
- Managed 2 Full Time Support staff employees.
- Managed daily workload for the team, including request system tickets, and projects. Assisted both the Systems Analysts and the Help Desk staff with work prioritization and monitored projects for reporting to upper management.
- Team was responsible for approximately 100 servers located in the US and Mexico.
- Team was responsible for support of approximately 2600 users located locally and in remote locations.
- Conducted bi-weekly meetings with both teams for review of projects, problems and for discussion.
- Upgraded Windows 2000 Active Directory to Windows 2003 in conjunction with corporate global project.
- Reduced Help Desk costs by over $8,000 per year using metrics and call volume analysis
- Reduced Help Desk Staff by 2
- Introduced Help Desk metrics to monitor customer service and call processes. Reported metrics to upper management on a weekly basis.
- Coached team in handling customers and technical issues.
- Represented the Region in the Customer Service Initiative Team.
- Managed the Montvale Tech Center network upgrade project, including project planning, review, reporting and scheduling
- Managed a backup re-engineering project in order to provide faster backups and restore processes, as well as decrease operator interventions. Included SAN based backups using VERITAS.
- Managed a Cognos E-Planning application project. Including server build and application installation. Managed two consultants involved in the project. Worked closely with the business owner (Finance) on this project
- Reported project progress to upper management, as well as the corporate team as required. This includes reporting roadblocks and our proposed solutions.
- Prepared and presented a review of current situation regarding DNS issues at the Global Infrastructure meeting.
- Prepared yearly employee reviews for staff . Each review was presented to the staff member highlighting
- Recommended for the staff in both their area of focus as well as soft skills. Monitored this for the yearly review process. Managed a relationship with Global Knowledge in conjunction with this initiative.
- Upgraded Storage Area Network Systems with new Flare OS and increased storage space.
Sr. Systems Administrator / Technical Leader
- Team leader for four systems admins covering Microsoft, various Unix, CAD and Email systems.
- Team supported over 4000 customers in 5 worldwide sites, Team supported over 150 servers worldwide.
- Engineered and implemented an International AD Domain Migration.
- Managed the worldwide DR project using MS Project.
- Redesigned and implemented new WINS structure.
- Redesigned and implemented new Backups Systems.
- Collapsed 5 domains into a single domain.
- Authored Server Policy and Procedures.
- Managed daily workload for the team, coached team in handling customers and technical issues.
- Developed cross program for the team. This was designed to provide depth of coverage to our customers. The also included level 1 and level 2 support staff. Metrics were created for reporting progress to management.
- Engineered, implemented and managed a 15TB SAN project.
- Engineered and installed two EMC DMX1000 systems in an SRDF/A pair for ERP applications.
- Trained international staff on best practices and procedures.
- Conducted weekly staff meetings for project review and discussion.
- Managed the team projects of MS Exchange 2000 Upgrade and NetWare Retirement.
- Prepared FDA 21 CFR Part 11 documentation.
- Prepared Sarbanes Oxley compliance procedures.
- Worked with Director of Infrastructure to prepare yearly Confidential and expense budgets.
- Designed and Implemented three domains on a wide area network.
- Performed all daily administrative duties, backup, performance monitoring, etc.
- Wrote, managed, and reported on a 1.4 million dollar Confidential and expense budget.
- Implemented a Microsoft Exchange Server Email System
- Configured and managed WINS, DHCP, Email, and ARC Serve.
- Implemented user policies to ensure security and integrity of network.
- Trained users on network operations and procedures.
- Authored Network Policies and Procedures Manuals.
- Authored Network Configuration and Standards Manuals.
- Managed and reported on Annual Confidential Budget of approximately $1.2 Million.
- Managed two PC technicians in daily activities.