- Possess experience in engineering, implementing and managing backup/recovery environments from 100 TB to 100s PB of data.
- Strong troubleshooting experience and scripting to analyze backup environments.
- Can quickly learn the backup environment and eager to share knowledge of backup solutions and procedures.
- Desire to create relationships with the team and customers to have the best communication that fosters a win - win atmosphere.
Systems: Solaris, NetBackup, UNIX, Windows, Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, NDMP
Backup Software: Symantec NetBackup & BackupExec, BrightStor ARCserve, EMC Networker & Avamar, HP Data Protector & Connected PC, ACSLS, Bocada
Languages: C/C++, Perl, Shell
MSWord, MSExcel, MS: PowerPoint
Storage Devices: StorageTek libraries, ADIC Scalar, IBM 3584, HP libraries, Sepaton VTL, NetApp VTL, EMC Data Domain, Hitachi, LTO
ConfidentialData Storage Specialist
- Provided architecture support for deployment & integration of two NetBackup Appliances into backup environment.
- Developed procedures for separation of duties between Backup Server and Client Administration.
- Client admins should not be able to perform server admin duties.
Data Storage Specialist
- Engineered, implemented and managed data backup/restore solutions for IBM outsourcing customers.
- Completed numerous technical consultations to resolve critical backup/restore situations where services were down or performing poorly.
- Provided technical support for 20 data centers using DataProtector servers to support 2000 server clients in North America.
- Without transition information from previous backup team, backup success rate improved from 70% to 95% by improving the communication between other IBM team members and correction of client side issues.
- Backup servers were Linux & Windows with HP MSL & ESL LTO tape libraries.
- Provided technical support for 5 data centers using Networker servers to support 700 server clients in USA.
- Provided technical support for 2 data centers using DataProtector server managing both sites to support 60 server clients. Windows servers with HP MSL tape libraries at each site.
- Provided technical support for one pair of Connected Windows servers with disk storage that supported 300 PC clients.
- Networker servers were Linux with DataDomain devices at each site.
- Devices were replicating between sites and tape cloning for offsite vaulting.
- Provided third level support for 20 data centers using NetBackup servers to support 2000 server clients and NDMP filers globally.
- Created scripts that gathered data from backup servers and generated reports for storage usage and backup success rate.
- Engineered and deployed DataDomain devices to replace obsolete NetApp VTL.
- Provided technical support for 12 Connected servers to support 20,000 PC clients, globally.
- Engineered and deployed new Connected servers and storage refresh.
- NetBackup servers were Solaris & Linux & Windows with DataDomain and NetApp VTL and Adic Scalar tape libraries.
- Provided technical support for 2 data centers using NetBackup servers to support 1800 server clients in USA.
- Led projects for new client installations and deployed new storage hardware.
- Created scripts to generate backup volume & capacity reports.
- Two NetBackup Solaris masters and 30 media servers.
- Tape libraries were ACSLS controlled Sun SL8500 with T10K & LTO at both sites and Sepaton VTL at one site.
- Provided secondary support when primary was not available, 30 sites, each site had BackupExec servers with standalone LTO or DLT or AIT drives.
- Account was migrating to NetBackup servers as customer was determining which type of backup architecture to establish.