- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Ability to conceptualize nontraditional approaches and solutions
- Over Eighteen years of experience in system administration, including needs analysis, solution design and implementation, maintenance and repair of hardware, software, and peripherals
- Over Fifteen years of providing friendly and effective technical support via Help Desk or similar, and other environments
- Task - oriented, but skilled in developing appropriate relationships with team members and co-workers
- Ability to speak to technical issues and capabilities of technology in plain language
- Effective communication skills, ability to present information and training to co-workers and senior management
Operating Systems: Microsoft 2000/XP/Vista and 7.
Software: Altiris, SCCM, Microsoft Office Professional Suite (2003, 2007, 2010). Microsoft Outlook/OWA, Adobe, Autodesk 2013, Lotus Notes, Symantec / McAfee, Citrix, Veritas Backup Exec, MS Project, MS Visio, Service Center, Track-It, Cherwell
Hardware HP/Compaq /IBM Desktops, Laptops and Servers. Cisco Routers and Switches HP, Xerox, IBM Laser and Line Printers.
Networking and Protocols: Ethernet 802.3/802.11 , cabling; TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, FTP, Telnet, SMTP, POP3 and VPN
- Sorted packages for delivery.
- Delivered and received packages.
Image Technician/Desk-side Support
- Desk-side Support - Microsoft Windows XP/7, MS Office Professional 2010 Suite.
- Image Desktops and Laptops Via Altiris.
- Migrated over 500 Desktops and Laptops from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- Identified applications that were incompatible with Windows 7 and upgraded the product.
- Provided onsite training to employees.
- Third party patching for many products such as Adobe Reader/Flash/Acrobat/Creative Suites.
- Install, test and troubleshoot new hardware and software.
- Network printer setup and maintenance.
- Active Directory.
- Assisted users onsite or by phone with computer and network issues.
Desk-side Support Technician
- Desk-side Support - Microsoft Windows XP/7, MS Office Professional 2003/2007/2010.
- Imaged Desktop and Laptops Via SCCM
- Extensive participation in the Microsoft Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration project. This included migrating over 300 Desktops and Laptops.
- Replaced/upgraded desktops and laptops to meet required hardware standards.
- Active Directory
Help Desk Technical Support
- Provided first-level support by assessing and answering all technical related issues from users via e-mail/phone and onsite
- Created tickets for user issues and entered them into tracking system.
- Troubleshoot ISP’s, browsers, and Microsoft OS XP/7, Office 2007 and 2010 issues.
- Provided step-by-step solutions to the caller or used remote access to take control of the computer to remedy the issue.
- Ensures that questions and requests were answered and completed in a timely manner.
Technical Analyst - Field Support
- Desktop Support - Microsoft XP/7, Office 2007 and 2010.
- Imaged Desktop and Laptops via Altiris
- Hardware/Software Upgrades/Configurations and Maintenance.
- LAN/WAN Support (On Site/Remote) for Large Warehouse Distribution Centers.
- Firmware updates for Network Devices and Printers.
- Install and Maintain Wireless Equipment in Distribution Centers - Cisco, Aironet, Symbol and Telxon.
- Monitored helpdesk queue for tickets assigned to me to insure quick response to users issues. .
- Coded, tested, and modified structured programs for Accounting, Inventory, and Administration applications.
- Desktop Support / Technical Support.
- P.C., Printer Setup/Configurations.
- Daily Program/System maintenance.
- Preformed preventative maintenance for PC’s and printers.