Highly motivated Information Technology professional with nine years of experience & a strong educational background. A solid record in driving & delivering quality software solutions through continual innovation in testing processes, tools & techniques. Proven skills to effectively analyze, architect & coordinate execution of test plans & strategies to achieve extraordinary level of software quality that exceeds business objectives. Technically strong hands - on background with a very positive attitude & and a passion for excellence.
General: Analytical abilities, project plan creation and management, Agile Development Methodology, Waterfall Methodology, Cross Functional, Multi-Platform application systems, Process improvement, Detailed analysis, Regression testing, Automation testing, SRS testing, Acceptance (UAT), SIT testing, Workflow Design Processes
Technical: MS Windows, Word, Excel and Visio, PowerPoint; MS Project, Access; Structured Query Language (SQL); SQL Query Analyzer, XML; Java; HTML
Software: Software Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Office 365, Visual Basic, WebEx, Photoshop, Adobe Connect, Adobe InDesign, Snag-it, Visio, Skype, Microsoft SQL server, Miracle C, Salesforce, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Quia, Java SDK, People Soft, Right Now, Blue Sky, Learning Management Systems, Avaya, Cisco, Online Registration Center (Biznet), Workday Systems, Service Manager Console, RFSmart, Readsoft, Sharepoint, Microsoft Dynamic AX 2009, Citrix, Biztalk, Load Runner
Reporting Tools: Cognos, Crystal reports, Microsoft Dynamic AX reports
Leadership: Initiative; mentorship; encouragement of growth; ability to train techniques, time management, self-motivated, problem solving, customer relationship management, willingness to learn, selflessness, self-starter
Communication: Written (Documentation, email, IM); Verbal (Formal/Informal); Case Console, presentation (roadmaps, scope of work/effort, design documents, project kickoffs, etc.); project status reporting to executive committees; influence; professional client-facing communication
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Process management for internal ERP application for tobacco manufacturing company in Dynamic AX modules, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Master Planning, Bank, ExFlow, and Master Planning.
- Assist with defining and reviewing application requirements.
- Log and report all identified improvement opportunities outside of solution scope.
- Work with application management and maintenance cases.
- Conduct end user training and assists users with application questions.
- Create software documentation.
- Conduct software testing for functionality and maintenance releases.
- Create and troubleshoot reporting errors.
- Test automation.
- Translate system requirements into technical specs for IT team to reach a solution.
- Analyze and negotiate customer requirements.
- Fix defects/monitor defect status and handle closure of defects.
- Update/create batch jobs.
- Check batch job history, and restart batch jobs if needed.
- Report all time in time reporting tool for chargeback purposes.
- Conduct daily morning routine to check general ledger accounts, and number sequences.
- Access management, import new users through the active directory and add necessary user groups.
- Create/modify user groups.
- Determined department workflow processes.
- Bug Tracking through Service Manager Console.
- Fix errors by making changes to in the Application Object Tree.
- Monitor Queue manager and Exception log for file errors.
- Patching and software installation.
Software Trainer /Documentation Specialist
Confidential, Charlottesville, VA
- Provided web - based training on a peer review software to end users and internal employee s utilizing WebEx or Adobe Connect web sharing and conference calls.
- Liaison between clients and IT group for application functionality.
- Delivered Cognos and Crystal reports training.
- Determined user workflow processes to ensure proper implementation.
- Worked with Project Managers and Product Managers to analyze and help guide application development.
- Customized training based on the group being trained and the learning pace of the class.
- Updated and maintained resource materials including FAQs, video tutorials, and training documentation.
- Created and updated documentation, video tutorials, and FAQs utilizing understanding of adult education and development tools such as Camtasia, Captivate, and InDesign.
- Identified training methodologies, objectives, standards, and goals based on skill set.
- Updated training based on participant recommendations.
- Created participant feedback forms, process documentation, and training scripts.
- Worked with the implementation team to resolve any client problems with the application.
- Participated in SRS testing for each product release.
- Interacted with publishing client representatives to assist with training questions and administration.
- Executed new site implementation training.
- Created ad-hoc reports using Cognos reporting system.
Confidential, Charlottesville, VA
- Responsible for supporting an electronic manuscript submission software.
- Provided support via phone calls and email to users needing technical assistance or product functionality support.
- Supported testing and remediation efforts for each project.
- Completed beta/QA testing for software releases.
- Worked with Business Analysts and IT to analyze and guide all IT work.
- Created and maintained product documentation.
- Assisted team process improvements.
- Escalated technical problems to Tier Two through Rightnow and Salesforce.
- Helped clients download or convert image files (JPG, TIFF, TIF, EPS, and LATEX).
- Helped with site configuration options.
- Replicated defects and technical problems.
- Worked with development team to fix defects and resolve system problems.
- Trained new employee s on how to use the system.
- Participated in software testing three times a year, assisting Quality Assurance.
Confidential, Charlottesville, VA
- Supervised and managed a team of five associates in two store locations; focused on productivity improvement and performance management.
- Opened and closed store.
- Provided up - to-date reports on store promotions and status.
- Handled cash transactions and daily deposits.
- Created weekly coverage schedules.
- Inventory tracking reports.
- Helped customers with new activations, upgraded purchases and account management.
- Demonstration and sales of cell phone accessories.
- Providing outstanding customer service, at a high performance level.
- Created month end reports based on store and employee sales.
- Provided monthly inventory reporting.