To join a solid organization that will utilize my technical skills, highlighting my dedication to proficiency, enthusiastic work ethic, and hunger for knowledge; while also providing an opportunity for career development and advancement.
- Proficient in the operation of Fluke DSP - 4000, Omni Scanner and Fluke OTDRx
- Experienced in the installation of horizontal and vertical network infrastructure
- Proficient in installation, termination and trouble shooting of CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, Co Axle, Multimode-Single mode fiber optics, 66 blocks, 110 blocks, Patch Panels and UPS
- Experienced in Telecom/Computer room design, construction, decimation, re-model, and maintenance
- Proficient in Infra-structure development, build-out, decimation, and demolition
- Proficient in the installation, extension, testing, of fiber-optics, POTS, and T1 services.
- Experienced in the installation and configuration of Cisco, Avaya, Lucent, and Dell switches, routers, and servers.
- Proficient in ribboning fiber optic cables
- Experienced in testing and certifying fiber optics using JDSU (T-Bird 6000) OTDR
Fiber Optic Technician
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Coordinate with WMATA telecommunication department to set up communication systems
- Prepare, assemble, install and test fiber optics transmission systems at a given area or project.
- Engineering of fiber design for the fiber networks and responsible for creation of detailed splicing and termination diagrams to provide end to end connectivity for connection to optical equipment
- Troubleshoot and identify malfunctioning or inoperative equipment.
- Provide necessary repair and maintenance routines on cables
- Proficient in ribbonizing, terminate, and splice fiber optic cables to multiple mediums and system equipment
- Test and certify systems using JDSU (T-bird 6000)
Confidential, Fort Washington, MD
- Managed a team of 8 field technicians, including daily work assignments and annual performance reviews
- Responsible for overall planning, directing, and coordinating installation of Intrusion Detections systems project.
- Facilitated team development and conflict resolution when needed
- Engineered and installed fiber optic, CAT6A, and intrusion detection systems according to industry standards.
- Implemented daily reporting and tracking system and lead design activities including estimate, drawing & specification preparations.
- Coordinated and interfaced with various design team members and clients including: electricians, architects, plumbers, etc.
- Involved in proposal evaluation and installation commissioning.
- Reviewed and approved shop submittals, managed project cost, schedule, and quality processes.
- Knowledge of ANSI/EIA/TIA standards for building infrastructure and marine industry telecommunication requirements, NEC Code covering Telecom, OSHA Safety Job Site Requirements, Managed the installation PA/GA systems CATV Systems, and CCTV security systems.
- Experience project management skills using the PMI PMBOK Mythology.
Lead Fiber Optic /Telecom Technician
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Inventoried, documented, and automated fiber optic topology according to specifications and standards.
- Proficiently installed, terminated, and fusion-spliced multi-mode and single-mode backbone, OSP, hybrid fiber optics connections, unicam, opticam, and epoxy/polish Sc, St, and Lc connectors.
Data Center Technician/Shift Lead
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Skilled in installation of different Network Cables (Coaxial, Cat 3, Cat 4, Cat 5, Cat 6 and Fiber optics) maintenance of network components such as routers, cabling, etc.
- Specific knowledge of LAN and telecom cabling, standards and applications including Telco, fiber optic and copper.
- Telco circuit technology (frame-relay, digital data circuits, xDSL, CSU/DSU configuration and troubleshooting.
- Implementation of multiple IP routing protocols: IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP.
Lead Cable Technician
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Skilled in installation (Windows XP, Vista, Linux, MS office (Word, Excel, Access database, Power Point) experience includes workstations, disk drives (internal and external), scanners, printers, routers, Data storage, daily data backup, etc.
- Experience in technical support for virus control issues and troubleshooting for desktop systems and lab tops.
- VPN technologies including concentrators, hardware clients, software clients utilizing IPSEC, ISAKMP, PPTP and MPPE.
- Enterprise routing and switching platforms including LAN/WAN design and firewall design and deployment.
- Installation, advanced configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco and F5’s load balancing devices.
- Skilled in Bookkeeping, QuickBooks, Quicken, Peachtree, Dbase III Plus and Lotus 123.
- Typing speed more than 70 wpm
- Support video and photo shooting and editing, Adobe Photoshop, Print Shop, Corel Draw, Print Master, Banners, Flash Multi Media, Shock waver, etc.
- Experience in IT related support, like inventory, disposal, moving of equipment assembling and installing new hardware.
Low Voltage Technician
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Installed, tested, configured, and programmed telephony, audio visual, data, and multi-media eqipment according to needs of client and guest using, specifications, drawings and reports.
- Installed and test fiber optic and cable system home runs in a marine environment using industry standards and codes insuring proper performance.
- Implemented design corrections of NOC build out, closets, and cross-connection junctions and pathways.
- Communications/ IT/ Help Desk/Audio-Visual
- Proficient in basic programming of VLAN access, and switch programming providing services to clients.
- Configured and diagnosed network interfaces, customer hardware, router, and switches to ensure connectivity and proper function.
- Provided instruction to end users in the proper set-up and use of network connection.
- Installed phone bank system, communications stations, CCTV, and work station and booths specifications, prints, and drawings provided.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Proficiently performed ads, moves, changes, installations, cut-over’s and trouble shooting of ISDN, Analog, VOIP and POTS systems
- Experienced in Avaya Switch port assignment and station configurations
- Successfully performed cut-over of 12,000+ numbers from Verizon LAN to independent network
- Proficient in programming and trouble-shooting of Tone Commander, Avaya and ATT telephones