To securea LAN Network and/or Virtualization Specialist position that will provide me with the opportunity to utilize my technical skills, academic training and interpersonal skills in a professional business environment.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Engineer
- Provides day - to-day operational support for VDI. Includes virtual desktop performance troubleshooting, access issues, profile/persona issues and general troubleshooting/problem solving.
- Maintains critical infrastructure systems including: Active Directory, VMware vSphere, VMware Horizon View, EMC ExtremIO storage array
- Deploys virtual desktops to customers and supports VDI on-boarding efforts
- Develops and maintains operating processes and procedures
- Innovates and finds new and better ways of supporting and delivering VDI services to our customers
- Monitors and analyzes virtual infrastructure performance and capacity
- Routinely engages outside vendors
- Troubleshoots and resolves escalated virtual desktop issues
- Maintains Windows desktop Gold Images
- Consults potential VDI customers, gathers requirements and determines VDI candidacy
- Packages applications using VMware ThinApp
- Packages applications using Profile Unity FlexApp Departmental Installed Applications (DIA). Also supports FlexApp User Installed Applications (UIA)
- Analyzes and resolves operating system and applications issues
- Performs maintenance and upgrades to the virtual desktop infrastructure
- Documents configuration or procedural changes resulting from troubleshooting and problem resolution performed for inclusion in the desktop image
- Documents and tests required application and configuration changes for the desktop image
- Provides advice and training to VDI operations support team
LAN Support Engineer
- Support and maintain Active Directory Accounts, set up local and network printers, monitor backups and restore user data viaCommVault backup application.
- Remove virus/clean computers. Configure Ricoh copiers for fax and scan capabilities.
- Configure MacAfee Full Disk Encryption and troubleshoot/recover FDE errors.
- Designate temp/perm elevated privileges to users using Viewfinity application.
- Create/edit procedures and instructions for co-workers as well as the user communities on new/changing processes.
- Support client side Lotus Notes for any database related issues.
- Managed periodic refresh of computers.
- Build and configure file servers and Print servers for a remote locations.
- Support remote users via technologies such as VPN, Juniper Pulse, RSA token.
- At company data center rack, remove and label all servers in the enclosures.
- Install shelves, power strips, rails and maintained cable connections management.
- Troubleshoot LAN and wireless network connections.
- Maintained switch closets.
- Worked on Data center relocation project leading the effort of breakdown and set up of servers prior to move and after move.
Help Desk Technician
- Assist users with computer related issues via phone.
- Document trouble tickets using Enterprise Ticketing System.
- Escalate trouble tickets to the appropriate technical support team.
- Using LANDesk remotely log in to pc’s and troubleshoot problems.
- Using Active Directory, manage user accounts, reset password, move users between OUs.
- Assist users on corporate and web based Lotus Notes emailing.
- Assist remote users with VPN connectivity issue.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Assisted Confidential employees with upgrading from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.
- Involved in all facets of the project to include: receiving, staging, imaging, deployment and disposal.
- Trained users on Windows XP, installed Desktops GX280s), Laptops (D400’s, D600’s), Docking Stations,
- Port Replicators, monitor stands, and flat panel monitors.
- Migrated data from old PC to new PC,
- Install local and network printers, map network drives