Customer service oriented, Executive support t technician with over 15 years experience diagnosing and resolving technical problems in a multi - user mainframe/server environment. Excellent communication skills able to interact with end users and management.
Hardware Experience: CPU-3090, 9370, ES9000, 3081, 3032, IBM Mainframe; Remote Communications Controller: 3725; DASD Control Unit: 3350, 3380; Switching Unit/CRT Terminal 3278/3279; Tape Control Unit: 3803; Tape Drives: 3420, 3480; Printers: 3820, 3800, 4248, STK 9310 Silo
Software & Environment Experience: Remedy, IMPACT, Service Center, Callfinity, Rational, TMS, JES, DB2 & MVSModel 204, Roscoe, TCP/IP, TSO, OMEGAMON, ACF2, OS/390 Network System, Windows XP, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, NT Environment, DB2 Mainframe Systems, LAN; Connections: Ethernet, Fiber, 10 Base RS232/V.35, Lotus Notes, Novell, Citrix, MS Outlook 2003 XP, HP Console, CLASP, CAMS, Active Directory, HP-Console, What’s Up Gold, VPN, TDIS, PLOTS, Confidential, PIERS, Namecheck, JASP-M SQL, Service Management Remote, DameWare, Trilogy, Pointsec, CWAN, Entire Connection, BES, Cisco IPPC Soft-phone, Metastrom, Cognos, IIS,ECM Documentum, SharePoint, VMware vSphere, Raritan Remote, Toad for Oracle 10.6, Gold Disk
- Provide helpdesk and database systems administration support to 2500 users.
- The Joint Staff Action Processing (JSAP) DBA has the prime responsibility to maintain and update all the JSAP application from a database perspective, as well as administer the users’ accounts to facilitate the processing of Joint Staff Actions on a daily basis.
- The following are some of the duties that are performed as DBA/Help Desk Support.
- Proactive, energetic, strategic thinking, holistic (big picture & small details), team-player, technical type with operations, engineering, and customer interfacing quality-related experience.
- Serve as a pivotal liaison between Directorates Executives and Organization pivotal Business Processes, ensuring compliance and continuity is maintained.
- Conducted Business Continuity Analysis for BPM and Records Management repository and co-authored the Business Impact Analysis white paper.
- Provide support to assist CJCS Leadership in conducting daily tasking of critical Memorandums and CJCSI (Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Instructions)
- Performed necessary configuration within Active Directory to replicate the Joint Staff Active Directory production infrastructure; working with Joint Staff to insure that the infrastructure mirrored the production infrastructure and high level application developers to create a portal approach to using Documentum and Metastorm.
- Provide support for Metastorm and Documentum, the main applications customize for the business practices of the Joint Staff ( Confidential ), and performed Tier 1 and 2 Helpdesk functions through desk side services or remotely accessing user’s workstation by using Dameware application. Resolves all trouble calls pertaining to these applications, this include extracting all users from Active Directory into the above applications with the proper access permissions, also providing Sys Admin and Helpdesk support on 2 networks (Secret, and Unclassified), for Windows servers (some at remote site)
- Respond to JSAP Help Desk call, resolves problem, updates Remedy, sets status to resolved
- Coordinate, track, and update service request to ensure that all customer requirements are handled expeditiously while keeping both the user and management apprised of all situations
- Responsible for adding and deleting users, assign/modify permissions for users accounts
- Analyze JSAP-Metastorm, ECM and DSE, Metrics through Remedy and Trouble Reports, including expectations for corrective action and quality standards
- Responsible for the administration, implementation, and maintain of the Organization Maintenance for the Joint Staff Action Processing-Metastorm network infrastructure, providing engineering support to over 2500 end-users; responsible for the implementation of the project which is lead by a team of five team members in implementing and supporting the infrastructure
- Ability to use analytical techniques.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Administrator (Security) for the BPM Metastorm Application (JSAP) - creates all military and civilian accounts for the application. Ensures that all JDIS have followed the procedures for submitting request for JSAP accounts.
- Team Leader for Daily Maintenance for the Metastrom applications and all hotel applications.
- Performed software upgrades, installs, and repairs.
- Responsible for submitting, monitoring, providing status updates on trouble tickets via Remedy ticketing system.
- Responsible for solving Microsoft Office and Microsoft Exchange issues.
- Solves Tier 1 related issues using SMS remote system.
- Responsible for managing user accounts via Active directory.
- Performs software installs on the on the Application server.
- Responsible for imaging new CPU’S
Technical Support Specialist
- Provides hand-on technical support to troubleshoot custom software, Windows, Networking, Databases and Hand-held computers and COTS programs such as MS Works and MS Office.
- Act as liaison between the Tier l and Tier lll Support teams to ensure proper ticket management and resolution.
- Assist with the development of the Knowledge Database items and provide the information to other team members.
- Provide all customer interaction for Tier l and Tier lll support.
- Coordinate hardware maintenance, on site technician, etc.
- Assist with others on the team and new members to the team on practices, procedures, and technical aspects of the job.
- Utilizes Remedy to record and track troubleshoot tickets; also updates existing calls in Remedy and make sure the calls are resolved or coordinates with other entities to produce resolution
- Queue Monitor and Lead Technical Support
- Responsible for sanitizing and dismantling PDA’s used for the Address Canvassing project.
- Receives calls, troubleshoot and triage trouble tickets, changing and resetting passwords, provides software application assistance and installation.
- Resolves problems within 30 minutes or escalate to other support teams.
- Provides desktop support by using remote tools to assist the end-user.
- Utilizes Service Center to record and track troubleshoot tickets; also updates existing calls in Service Center and make sure the calls are resolved or coordinates with other entities to produce resolution.
- Responsible for notifying all Confidential users of major outages worldwide and locally outages.
- Work closely with the System Administrators and Network Support on related issues.
- Support Blackberry problems (BES) Blackberry Enterprise Servers
- Supports clients for the Consular Affairs/Consular Systems & Technology/Domestic Operations Division.
- Provides technical support to seventeen Passport Agencies on Passport System Applications such as the Travel Document Issuance System-Photo Digitization (TDIS-PD), Passport Record Imaging System Management Passport Lookout Tracking System (PLOTS), Passport Information Electronic System (PIERS), Management Information System (MIS), and TDIS Inquiry
- Provides customer support to the Passport Agency’s System Administrators to resolve problems concerning Windows O/S (NT, 2000, XP), connectivity issues and various software and hardware related desktop & server issues.
- Monitors TDIS-PD databases to help prevent problems from occurring
- Utilizes the Remedy System (v6.x) to record and track troubleshoot tickets; also updates existing calls in Remedy system and makes sure the calls are resolved or coordinates with other entities to produce resolution.
- Responsible for notifying all Passport Agencies and other outside agencies of outages.
- Work closely with Tier III and I on all Passport issues.
- Responsible for Duty Phone (Blackberry) for after hour call one week monthly.
- Monitor mainframe and client-server farm traffic in two locations over thirty servers, and connections.
- Responsible for all CICS transactions and DB2 data using monitoring tools such as What Up Gold, HP Console and BIG-IP
- Provide information, data processing, communications, run application jobs, process enhancements and systems to support the mainframe developers and programmers
- Manage new software installation on mainframe and client server farms
- Download and upload government interagency production control jobs
- Provide Production Control scheduling and monitor system jobs performance
- Communicate and coordinate successful interdepartmental tasks
- Prepare weekly system status reports for management
- Present monthly help desk materials to U.S. Department of State employees
- Supports overseas users and non-departmental users
Technical Support Specialist
- Effectively communicate and troubleshoot all overseas and domestic hardware and software incidents and inquiries with customers and system programmers
- Provided excellent service by tracking and monitoring open trouble incidents
- Received over 100 calls daily domestic and overseas tracking with Remedy.
Lead Computer Operator
- Provide operations and network management support in a MAINFRAME environment.
- The various job functions are featuring secure and unclassified networks, heterogeneous hardware and software and working with LAN and Open-Net systems.
- Monitor network health and respond to alerts via system management consoles.
- Operate computer auxiliary equipment.
- Work closely with technicians, programmers and users in problem resolution. Able to independently resolve hardware and software problems. Prepare written documentation.