- PMP and SMC certified Senior IT program/project manager with over 19 years of experience in the private and public sectors is seeking a challenging professional opportunity in an international organization or company.
- Successfully lead the development and implementation of large, complex IT portfolios and programs for Confidential clients, which involved assembling and supervising diverse technical teams, managing budgets ($50 - 100 million) and related risks, in addition to ensuring smooth client relationships.
- Recently, managed a major corporate reform effort of the Confidential Food & Agriculture Organization including its budget, overall analysis and reporting, and tracking of its 29 IT/non-IT projects and over 274 related deliverables over a four-year period.
- Recipient of the 2007 Confidential “Diamond” Global Business Services Delivery Excellence Award f or outstanding portfolio management. Specific hands-on experience with the software development life cycle (SDLC) phases, Agile methodology, enterprise technology development and implementation. Proven track record of successful work at all levels of client management. Known as a technical and conceptual thinker with good interpersonal skills and ability to align organizational goals to meet objectives, strategies and standards.
- Applying principles, concepts, techniques and methods
- Experienced with capability maturity model, rational unified processes (RUP) and SDLC processes.
- Specifically, at Confidential I implemented several practices such as RUP, CMMI with iterative processes customized to meet the client expectations.
- Developed several artifacts related to software design and implementation for the Confidential projects I managed and also other Federal agencies, this included creating software development standards; management plans for testing, quality assurance, release planning and deployment.
- I managed the Confidential Oracle/PeopleSoft based financial application and a key success factor was my ability to reduce the application change request backlog by making quick sound judgment and providing alternate acceptable solutions.
- Also I advised the Confidential business and technical clients on different topics, introducing best practices and feasible theories and concepts to resolve immediate critical issues.
- Project management: - Agile SCRUM Master and IT Senior Program/Project Manager with strong experience in project management (PM) principles, concepts, tools and techniques for all phases of the software development project lifecycle. Managed large projects, with budgets over $100 million, using the process groups of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling and closing a project.
- Also, balanced the competing project constraints by performing management functions of scope, quality, scheduling, budgets, resources and risks.
- I developed the balanced scorecard method to measure the reform business value to the organization.
- Assisted, managed and reported on progress, budgets, cost savings, risks and benefits realized. Lead and managed large teams for several large complex IT programs and projects. Hands on experience at federal agencies including Confidential working in an environment with Agile SCRUM and traditional project management methods, tools and techniques. Familiar with management tools such as; team foundation server for application life cycle management and Microsoft project server for project and portfolio management.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques
- Most recently performed a return on investment (ROI) for the Confidential reform process.
- The result indicated a positive ROI at the 7th year of implementation of the reform process with no immediate return.
- Additionally, I defined and implemented the framework for the reform benefits realization process, which provided valuable information for the cost benefit analysis on the organization reform that was leveraged for quantitative/qualitative progress reporting to the Governing Bodies.
- Extensive experience managing and maintaining the program/project risks on all projects that I have managed in my career.
- Knowledgeable in applying the risk management processes of identification, assessment, prioritization and risk mitigation.
- Most recently managed risks for the Confidential reform projects and used the expected monetary value technique to assess the probability and impact.
- Communicated and reported on risks using tools such as the risk scorecard and risk burndown chart.
- Managed several fixed price, time and materials, and performance-based contracts when employed with Confidential and Confidential .
- Also assisted clients by providing input for the development of task orders for new work based on approved change requests.
- Familiar with contracting processes for both public and private sectors.
- Experienced in evaluating several contract proposals that involved technical abilities, qualification (including past performance) and resources, management and price case while employed most recently evaluated a contractor proposal for implementation of a reform survey tool required to assess the staff on the Confidential reform process.
- I conducted yearly and mid-year staff and contractor assessments when I was employed with Confidential
Environment: Client/server architecture, ERP, SOA, WEB architecture, enterprise architecture, design/development, mainframe, desktop client scripting
Applications and Tools: PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.48, PeopleSoft 9.0, Oracle 11i, MS SQL Server, IIS Server, Actuate, Visual Interdev, Documentum, StarTeam, Wise, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Visio, Rational Rose, Test Director, Agile SCRUM, RUP, CMMI, SDLC, Team foundation server, Microsoft project server, Remedy.
Senior Reform Specialist/Strategy and Planning Officer
- Tracked and ensured progress of large- scale complex IT projects including: upgrade to Oracle 11i, implementation of the International public sector accounting standards, Implementation of a staff appraisal system, Implementation of SLAs and IT Governance.
- Developed the balanced scorecard method to measure the reform business value to the organization.
- Developed the Integrated Immediate plan of action for reform into projects within the functional areas. This included oversight of the entire project team, time-boxed deliverables including an iterative development and release method, reporting and coordination of 29 IT/non IT projects responsible for delivery of 274 reform actions.
- Defined and implemented the framework for the reform benefits realization process.
- Authored and reported reform quantitative/qualitative progress to stakeholders.
- Performed analysis of the financial aspects of the Confidential budgets including reviewing and analyzing budgetary performance for certain specific Confidential programmes.
- Conducted formal communication and provided quarterly reform progress presentations to key stakeholders and Member country representatives.
Senior Portfolio Manager
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Managed the IT application portfolios ($40 million) within the Finance and Administration divisions.
- Supervised the delivery and implementation of over 125 IT applications through the complete SDLC.
- Tracked and ensured progress of critical Confidential projects such as; Oracle PeopleSoft based financial and HR applications, Data Privacy Initiative, Federal Legislative Deposit Insurance Reform Act impact assessment, and security re-structuring for the Oracle PeopleSoft based financial application.
- Lead and supervised teams with 60+ Confidential professionals and several external subcontractors.
- Managed the task order and contract delivery requirements for the portfolios.
- Applied project management practices and principles tailored to meet client expectations and effectively introduced the balance scorecard method for measuring project progress.
- Introduced a customized version of Rational unified processes (RUP) at Confidential within my portfolios.
- Prepared and implemented a risk management plan for the Confidential information technology division.
- Authored IT documents in support of policy, requirements, design, testing and implementation.
- Recipient of the 2007 Confidential “Diamond” Global Business Services Delivery Excellence Award for outstanding portfolio management.
- Received commendation letter from Confidential on outstanding project management for a mission critical Confidential application.
- Deployed the capability maturity model (CMMI) processes tailored to meet Confidential client expectations.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Managed 45 IT applications ($25 million), including the banking assessment and risk management mission critical application ( Confidential ).
- Supervised the overall engagement which included Oracle - PeopleSoft based financial and HR applications, including program work plan, issue and risk management, stakeholder management, program/project technical architecture recommendations, and program delivery and implementation.
- Implemented CMMI process and procedures along with the SDLC based standard documentation templates for use on the engagement, for example: configuration plan, management plan, software development standards and risk plan.
- Assisted in the streamlining of Confidential mission critical IT applications and transformation from paper to web-based systems, which resulted in increasing Confidential corporate efficiency and cost-savings by over 50%.
- Supervised and implemented several critical IT applications essential to Confidential business services and marketing division.
- Implemented the electronic commerce capabilities project. Responsible for managing a $12 million portfolio supported by 20 professionals.
- Supervised overall effort to develop a centralized grants management system for the Office of Public and Indian Housing.
- Responsible for coordinating effort of 15 person team, developing system design, conducting feasibility assessment, and implementing system for grants management.
- Created the approach, standards, testing strategies and deployment process based on the SDLC phases.
Confidential, Cleveland, Ohio
- Implemented an automated tracking and monitoring web-based system that integrated and reconciled financial case data from 114 statewide systems into a single information system.
- Lead a 40-person IT team through the requirements, analysis, design, development, testing and implementation phases.