Experienced IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager
- Microsoft Server (2000 - 2008)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL Server(2000 through 2008)
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft Windows (98 through 7)
- Microsoft Office (2000 through 2010)
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Symantec Backup Exec
- BrightStor ArcServe Backup
- Switch/Router installation/configuration
- CAT5 cabling
- PC/Server hardware/software
- PBX/Voicemail systems
Confidential, Dexter, MI
IT Operations Manager
- Manage the IT Operations team; responsible for SQL databases, reporting infrastructure and development, and software maintenance across three international office locations.
- Provided leadership to software development team through project management with daily meetings within the IT team and bi-weekly review meetings with senior staff.
- Provided training to new staff in areas of IT infrastructure and operational management.Implement and enforce a change management policy for all hardware and software implementation, maintenance, and upgrades.
- This resulted in an 85% improvement in infrastructure uptime, software version control, and staff accountability.
- Responsible for software monitoring and performance tuning to ensure maximum processing capability and 24-hour uptime supporting a three-shift workforce seven days per week.
- Completion and validation of inventory reporting utilizing SQL procedures and Excel-based reporting delivered to finance team.
IT Infrastructure/Operations Manager
- Manage the Infrastructure/Operations team; responsible for SQL databases, network infrastructure, and hardware/software maintenance of 500 devices spread across four international office locations.
- Managed team of IT Help Desk Support professionals supporting 250 employees over three shifts. On average, team closed 950 tickets per month. Reduced corporate help desk calls by 33% per year.
- Led IT team responsible for two corporate relocations, including network design, telephony configuration, and service contract negotiation.
- Both projects were completed on time (three months) and under budget.
- Provided infrastructure solutions to support Confidential ’s Lean Manufacturing processes reducing Work In Process (WIP) levels by 70%.
- Drove infrastructure improvements which reduced plant “slow down” incidents by 85%. This resulted in a 5% increase in processing efficiencies.
- Developed and implemented equipment/infrastructure change allowing corporate move from Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains solution to Oracle ERP solution.
- Worked with fulfillment project team to specify and implement hardware for a new just-in-time fulfillment line. This included tools to scan into locations and pull via FIFO aging and order aging.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of all networking components, including hardware firewall and configuration, routing and switching, DNS, DHCP, WINS, LAN, WAN, and WLAN setup and troubleshooting.
- Redesigned the international corporate network resulting in reduced network traffic through the use of optimized subnets and internal DNS entries.
- Responsible for all telecom needs, including selection and installation of phone systems, voicemail systems, and conference calling solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining email accounts, account security, and folder structure and security through Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Performed routine maintenance on servers and workstations, switch/hub installations, cabling, and wireless access point configurations.
- Monitored daily and weekly SQL database backup jobs (full and transactional), as well as ArcServe data backups and restorations.
- Maintained company phone and voicemail systems by working within PBX software, as well as performing basic hardware maintenance and coordinated with appropriate partners for advanced hardware maintenance.
Confidential, Dexter, MI
- Built/repaired workstations and servers via hardware installation and assembly, driver issue research and resolution, and operating system/software installation and configuration.
- Assisted personnel with hardware or software issues either in person or remotely.
- Maintained company-wide documentation such as phone directories, organizational charts, and helpdesk documentation for the IT Department.
- Logged all incoming and outgoing service jobs for root-cause resolution and metrics calculation.