Seeking a challenging position where I can use acquired telecommunication skills to enhance and improve the telecommunication environment of an innovated company.
- 13 plus years of experience as a Communication Lead/Technician
- Strong background in the installation of category 3 - 6A, coaxial, fiber optic, and numerous transmission media
- Experience in supporting core voice and data systems including LAN, WAN, DAS, wireless devices, routers, switches, content switchers, and wireless access points
- Experience in the construction of telecommunications closets, dressing of cables, installation of overhead cable trays, and fire stopping
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Review building blueprints and documentation of network problems.
- Installed copper, coaxial, fiber optic cabling and wiring systems.
- These applications included backbone, riser, horizontal systems, and campus OSP. Construction work activities included the installation of cable pathways, support systems, and the termination, testing, and labeling of cable.
- Work methods are in compliance with the NEC, OSHA safety codes, TIA/EIA telecommunications industry standards, manufacturers specification, and customer requirements.
- Complete testing on a defined schedule in a communication infrastructure consisting of both copper and fiber utilizing a Fluke tester and OTDR
- Terminate numerous styles of fiber optic connectors including LC, ST, SC and MTRJ using anaerobic and unicam methods.
- Support core-voice and data systems including LAN, WAN, wireless devices, routers, switches, and wireless access points.
- Responsible for taking customer calls to understand technical related voices issues.
- Installation of wireless access points and cameras throughout Montgomery County Schools
- Worked on multi-million dollar contracts for numerous companies including Mitre, MCPS, Arlington National Guard and Department of Transportation
- Experience with traditional telephony skills including programming IP phones and call routing
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Reviewed building blueprints and documentation of installed copper, coaxial, fiber cabling, and wiring systems on customer side of the network demarcation point.
- The applications include backbone, riser, and horizontal systems, as well as campus OSP construction.
- Installed fire alarm wires and systems through out commercial buildings
- Tested and inspected copper and fiber communication infrastructure.
- Installed cable pathways, support systems, and participated in work activities which included termination, testing, and labeling of cable. Work methods are in compliance with national, state, and local electrical and safety codes, telecommunication industry standards, materials manufacturer specification, and customer requirements
- Experience with traditional telephony skills, call routing, PBX, and ACD practices. Responsible for taking customer calls and understanding technical related voices issues.
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
- Terminated CAT 3/5e on 110 and 66 blocks, terminated fiber ST, SC Unicam and ABF
- Pulled cables, read floor plans, used toner, DID side-kick and Fluke 4100/4000
- Installed telecommunications systems in accordance with the specified floor plan.
- Tested and inspected copper and fiber communications infrastructure.
- Completed testing on a defined schedule.
- Repaired infrastructure that does not meet specifications.
- Ensured accuracy of existing documentation.
Confidential, Clinton, MD
Lead Cable Technician
- Pull multiple types of network cables
- Test installed cables to ensure adherence to TIA/EIA standards
- Traveled from state to state facilitated site surveys
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Built out telecom room, tested and inspected copper communications infrastructure
- Reviewed floor plans and installed telecommunications system in accordance with that specified floor plan
- Punched down category cable and terminated column boxes, 110 and 66 blocks.