- Over 7 years of experience in System & Network administration, troubleshooting and support with hands on experience in IT Infrastructure Project Coordination & Helpdesk Support roles.
- MS Windows 7 Technology Specialist; Advance troubleshooting experience with XP &7 OS, Performed XP - 7 Migration using WAIK.
- Hands on experience in installation, configuration, administration & support of Microsoft client XP, 7 and Server 2003, 2008-R2 OS; managed server roles/features and performed Exchange Server 2003 deployment.
- Experience with installing & managing IT services such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, IIS & Terminal Services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010 Infrastructure setup, Used Exchange Power shell scripting to create users, mailboxes, GAL database mount & dismount operations and set up mail clients on end user devices.
- Have excellent ability in designing and configuring the network diagrams using simulators like Boson, Cisco Packet tracer & GNS3 etc.
- Experience configuring network devices in particular Cisco branch series Router, Switches and dynamic routing protocol EIGRP & OSPF.
- Configured TCP/IP Networking Services, experience working with LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN, VLAN, NAT, Subletting & VLSM.
- Project planning, coordination & implementation experience; skills in vendor management to ensure effective communication between teams, PMO and business units.
- Provided support to more than 600+ users in multiple branch locations, worked as part of ERP Implementation for Core Banking Solution deployment for Pakistan largest bank online connectivity network expansion project to build/upgrade infrastructure facilities.
- Ability to learn new & existing hardware, software to adapt according to the new environments quickly & effectively.
- Possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of team.
Infrastructure Project Coordinator
- Working on Microsoft Project 2010 for administrating projects; creating plans, setup information (tasks, resources & assignments) for maintaining base/resources calendar and executing them Confidential project, task & resource levels and prepared various MIS reports.
- Supporting in the development of work plans, writing dash boards & generating work orders (print/email) for the teams on daily basis.
- Implemented Network Time clock System, for tracking employee s hour s timecard in different markets; updating information in ADP accordingly to run payroll after supervising & approving hours using job performance analysis.
- Implemented Centralized Inventory Management System; database system for tracking of all purchases, issuance of material and to keep track of inventory level and cost estimates on real time basis.
- Populating task-based schedule, actively managing assignments & evaluating data gathered from multiple sources; reconciling conflicting requirements by leveling resources over-allocation & integrating assignments with project schedules.
- Maintaining shared resource pool, overall resource allocation among different projects to mange resources, cost per use & availability etc.
- Gathers information, compiling data & updating information on the program share point site, site handler for extracting different reports to communicate project status/phase reviews on a weekly, monthly basis.
- Facilitating communication between vendors, suppliers; conduct status meetings with internal teams to prepare presentations for technical analysis & phase reviews to have updated progress with percentage completion for sharing data with external resources.
IT Support Specialist
- Provided network infrastructure support included setup of devices, configuration of TCP/IP networking services, DNS Namespace;
- IOS firmware update, troubleshoot communication links over LAN/WAN and monitored network traffic.
- Managed AD services on Windows Server 2008 - R2 platform, created objects (Users, Groups & Computers), implemented security permissions, setup group policies on organizational units & managed accounts in Active Directory, Exchange, and related software s.
- Managed Exchange 2010 administration included user mailboxes, mailbox databases creation & migration, set up user quota and applied polices on OU's, knowledge of exchange server 2010 build up & understanding of infrastructure / server roles.
- Provided technical support for workstations, servers and peripheral devices for software, hardware, device drivers & configuration issues both onsite / remotely via phone, email, and used remote software LogMeIn.
- Managed backup jobs, executed routinely backup of SQL & Fileserver on HP network storage cartridges using Symantec Backup Exec.
- Installed security updates, performed system performance analysis & servers health checks to analyze system data i.e. error logs, to identify issues, and ensured corrective actions.
- Filtered data, created customized reports for trading desk using SQL Server 2008 database & integrated the results with Crystal Reports.
Project Support Tech
- Performed various shake down tests pertaining to each site, i.e. stationary (ping, download & upload), mobility, IRAT and make sure handovers are proper, trace out call drop out ratio, performed single site verification and ensured each test is successful to meet KPI s.
- Collected data using network traffic capturing software interpreted and presented reports to team leader regarding network parameters & formulated data analysis results to identify trends.
- Participated on bridge calls and shared data with RF design engineers to evaluate network metric results and s upported project manager in meeting specific objectives, phase implementations to meet specific planed timelines / KPI s.
Infrastructure Project Coordinator
- IT infrastructure for implementation of online connectivity & network infrastructure expansion project in coordination with engineering teams & WAN services provider.
- Designed & implemented branch network, deployed racks, formulated IP Scheme, Installed, configured networking devices included Cisco branch series 1800, 2800 & 2900 routers, Catalyst 2950 switches, Modems & CSU/DSU ; setup site - to-site leased line circuits, VLAN s and provided VPN access to enterprise LAN.
- Provided administration for Microsoft windows server 2003 & 2008-R2 servers; installation, configuration of server roles, features and advanced troubleshooting support for TCP/IP networking services in Microsoft environment.
- Provided Tier-I network support, troubleshoot connectivity & packet loss issues; escalate incidents to Tier-II NOC team as needed, and ensured maximum uptime services as per SLA.
- Managed AD Implementation & Rollout; includes deployment of DC, RODC with sites configuration, setup DHCP & DNS Services
- Worked as part of ERP implementation team in coordination with PMO, created rollout schedule & conducted end-user on executing daily operational tasks on system.
- Performed XP - 7 deployments, migrated user data; included packaging, distributing images using windows deployment services on server 2008-R2, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010(SIM, ImageX) & MSI software packages distribution using SCCM 2007 R2.
Technical Support Engineer
- Provided comprehensive desktop support to more than 500 users in multiple branch locations on site & remotely; answered incoming calls remote desktop captures and maintained helpdesk ticketing queue.
- Installed & imaged new workstations using Norton Ghost, for windows XP/7 operating system; performed advance PC configuration, repair device driver & software compatibility issues.
- Performed installation of Exchange Server 2003; created GAL, user mailboxes, public folders & custom filters
- OWA & provided support for configuration of mail client s on workstations, tablets & smart phones.
- Managed Symantec End Point Manager - Antivirus suite, as system admin includes building Antivirus server, setup configurations, applying policies, creating & deployment of client packages companywide and keep the server updated.
- Installed & configured network printers, faxes / scanners, copiers; deployed software s & printing devices using group policy on users/computers account in active directory and mapped drives, folder redirection to facilitate users with shared resources access.
- Managed backup jobs for AS-400 financial data on media and Confidential remote sites to adhere compliance with BCP / DRP standards .
Help desk Coordinator
- Worked as part of core banking - ERP implementation team; performed data acquisition, cleansing, migrated financial/non-financial data and ensured branch ledgers, head of accounts are consistent
- Supervised Confidential daily start-of-day / end-of-day steps, rectified abnormal transactions & ensured smooth system operations.
- Worked on IBM AS/400 Servers for Confidential - EQUATION system administration; includes user creations, defined roles & authorities monitored logs, executed routine job steps to carry out day to day transactions
- Prepared different MIS reports for business & operations units using Centralized reports generation utility for daily, weekly, annually as per management requirements & managed printer spooler jobs for printing ledgers, statement of accounts etc.
- Maintained hardware inventory, documentation of servers & created ERP user system manuals to illustrate daily system operations.
- Installed, configured computer hardware, software & peripheral devices; provided technical support thereon for troubleshooting daily IT operational tasks pertains to system, application software s, PC repair & fixing windows failure issues.