Information technology and communication specialist whose qualifications include detailed knowledge of telecommunications systems, computer networks, broadband networks, LAN/WAN technologies, fiber networks, routers, switches hardware and software.
- Network & PC System Security
- Risk Management
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Authentication & Access Control
- System Monitoring
- Regulatory Compliance
Security Technologies: Anti - Virus Tools; VPN; Malware
Systems: Windows 98-7; Enterprise; Linux
Networking: LAN, WAN, VPN, Routers, Firewalls, Switches; TCP/IP; DHCD; DNS
Software: MS Office 2003-2010; HP Service Center, Peregrine; MS Communicator; CISCO IP Communicator
Help Desk Technician
Confidential, Mc Lean, VA
- Install printers and software, troubleshoot hardware and software,
- Provide client support onsite and via remote desktop
- Facilitate system backmups, reimage computers
- Perform maintenance and syste setup on Blackbherry
IT Specialist Engineer
Confidential, Accokeek, MD
- Provided IT support for various partners and clients
- Performed systems, equipment, hardware, software, CCTV, maintenance, repair, set-up and installation
- Configured wired and wireless networks
- Led comprehensive security infrastructure upgrades (e.g., firewall/VPN upgrades, intrusion detection, token-based authentication and remote management) installation and system repair for various midsize and large companies.
- Cisco 6500 switch configuration and implementation, Cisco 1120 type routers, enterprise size data center, server restore and upgrades, fiber optics, UPS, PDUs, racks and cabinets, system restoration and upgrade of Government Data Networks.
- Protected vulnerable networks following detailed risk assessments.
- Supported cross-functional teams in the design, validation, acceptance testing and implementation of secure, networked communications across remote sites for several key clients.
- The implementation and installation of new fiber optic networks, voice, data and video services over IP WAN, wireless residential and commercial high speed networks, IP routing and trafficking for video equipment which include PC Ethernet and wireless MAC/PC products.
- Repair and install telephone wire and jacks and provide change of service in residential and commercial environments.
- Protected vulnerable cable systems following detailed risk assessments. Detected signal leakages within system, generated repair orders for 2-way CATV system per FCC requirement.
- Repaired, serviced and maintained all video and Confidential cables for optimum performance.