Experienced in: ArcGIS Desktop (9.x and 10.0) core applications (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and ArcToolbox),Arc SDE, ERDAS Imagine (9.x - 10), GeoRover, and Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft PowerPoint, 30wpm.
- Worked in current operations were I tracked and delivered reports on the effectiveness of surveillance assets in Afghanistan.
- Used ArcMap 10 to develop a visual graphic to depict were the surveillance assets spotted possible Improvised Explosive Devices (IED).
- Used locus track to plot point imported from excel spreadsheets, and then ran the kernel density tool to depict suspected IED hotspots.
- Took over as the Geospatial lead halfway through deployment.
- Made maps depicting base closures and maps with imagery of known areas of interest.
- Created a Map of Bagram Air Field which depicted living quarters and their living capacity as well as office quarters and their living capacity. This map also identified all the camp names and points of interests on Bagram. This map was used to brief the post commander so they could get a better understanding of the actual space on BAF to house incoming companies and depict what Bagram would look like during redeployment procedures.
- Created and Altered shapefiles and geodatabases to display the different types of living quarters and infrastructures on Bagram.
- Altered imagery to make areas more visible.
- Briefed the Brigade Commander of the Enemy situation daily as well as weather effects on engineer operations.
- Trained subordinates and provided a monthly evaluation of them.
- Lead for the company intelligence support team.
- Responsible for developing trends in enemy activity and created storyboard for significant events.
- Was responsible for over 300,000 dollars worth of equipment
- Mapped Enemy contact hot spots for training exercise at the Confidential .
- Made line of sight products to depict were route clearance vehicles would possible receive sniper fire.
- Company representative for Army schools.
- Processed and delivered school applications to the next highest echelon so that the company’s soldiers were properly trained.
- Made travel arrangements and booked flights and hotels for soldiers attending schools in other states.
- Supervised one soldier where I provided monthly evaluations.
- Supervised three soldiers and provided monthly evaluations.
- Made maps in support of pacific command operations using ARC Map 9.3.
- Maps produced included flood analysis, earthquake analysis, tsunami analysis, and route studies.
- While in this position I created vector data, altered imagery using hill shades, changing resolutions, and projections.
- Created geodatabases that auto populated data into the same coordinate systems as other imagery in specific areas of interest.
- Temporarily Deployed to Korea were I created maps in support of their annual training exercise.
- While there made maps that depicted were vehicles would be able to travel in case of bridge destructions. Created elevation maps and line of sights that helped the South Korean Colonel depict areas where they would have to control if they were to go to war with North Korea.
- Trained soldiers in how to create hill shades, flood analysis, and how to network printers.
- Worked with Arc map 9.1 creating metadata for created vector data.
- Completed over 300 Request for Information (RFIs) in support of Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF).
- Produced numerous Tactical and Operational decision aids.
- Made maps supporting engineer mobility operations.
- Trained soldiers in new techniques of data storage and geodatabase exploitation using ARC GIS Desktop
- Learned basic knowledge of Geographic Information Systems.
- Produced tactical decision aids.
- Perform database management for the storage of aerial photographs, maps, digital data bases, and collateral source materials.
- Performs quality assurance during all stages of topographic operations.