Systems: Mac OS, Windows XP/ Vista/ Win 7
Databases: Service Desk
Hardware: IBM - Compatible PC’s, Apple Macintosh, Dell PC’s / Laptops, Projectors
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Norton Ghost
- Knowledge and skill of (Customer Service, Professional Presentation, Inventory Control, HVU-HUD Training Database, Project Management).
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Time Management skills, Problem Solving and Computer Proficiency skills, Follow-up skills, verbal and written communication skills, Troubleshooting skills, Typing Skills (40 word per minute), Team Player and Self-motivated.
Confidential, Upper Marlboro, MD
Help Desk Technician
- Installed and performed minor repairs to hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Analyzed and diagnosed customer’s computers that needed repair.
- Applied critical thinking and basic knowledge to identify problems to customer’s computers.
- Detected and eliminated viruses, malware and spyware.
- Installed various software and operating systems.
- Backed up customer’s files.
- Replaced and installed various hardware.
Help Desk Technician
- Reviewed the service desk system for tickets for upcoming meetings which required the use of laptops, projectors, and other equipment.
- Set up laptops and projectors for official meetings for managerial staff, directors, and top HUD officials.
- Set up, operated, maintained and repaired equipment used to enhance live events such as laptops and projectors.
- Provided technical support for teleconferences, webinars and distance-learning classes.
- Supported in the installing of scanners, printers, and Multi Functional Device’s to customer’s PC’s.
- Monitored service desk for incoming/outgoing tickets on a daily basis.
- Ensured that service tickets were responded to in a timely manner.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Assisted with installation and the relocation of IT workstations, servers, peripherals and networks.
- Restored network access to customers who required port resets.
- Ensured all personnel had network connectivity.
- Installed various drivers for printer modules.
- Answered user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Maintained records of problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Facilitates preparation and distribution of IT equipment including PCs, laptops, and smart phones.
- Installed, imaged, configured, upgraded, and maintained computers, printers, and peripherals.
- Technical Refresh
- Movement of IT equipment
- Maintained integrity of ownership
- Shipped IT equipment from Headquarters to Field Offices using UPS
- Prepared IT equipment to be excessed
- Secured computers and assets to prevent theft, damage and accidents.