Motivated, personable and dedicated technical support specialist seeking to be a part of a professional team committed to the values of excellence, innovation, and customer service. Adept at analyzing and resolving problems, reliable and detail - oriented, excellent interpersonal skills used to motivate coworkers to meet the demands and challenges of the organization.
PROFESSIONAL STRENGTHS INCLUDE:
- C ++ Programming Language
- Java Programming Language
- HTML Web Programming
- Visual Basic Script Web Programming
- Technical troubleshooting
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Server Operating Systems (NT/2003)
- Desktop Operating Systems (XP/MAC OS X)
- Microsoft Office 2007 Suite
- Active Directory, Firewalls, routers, ACL, Subnetting ipv4
IT Hardware Technician
Confidential, Rockville, Maryland
- Utilized Symantec Norton Ghost software to deployed new desktop images across the network.
- Upgraded various operating systems and applications with required software updates.
- Hardware Installation (i.e. Hardrives) on End users Laptops and Desktops.
Technical Support Specialist
Confidential, Columbia, Maryland
- Worked in an Active Directory environment where I assisted the Lead Network Administrator in maintaining all network components such as workstations, printers and servers.
- Assisted the Lead Network Administrator to Ghost images to workstations and servers utilizing Symantec’s image solution.
- Troubleshot a variety of problems ranging from user(s) not able to connect to log onto the network, not being to print and problems with their applications.
- Responsible for the deployment and configuration of network components such as workstations, printers, software, cable and Avaya telephone systems.
- Provided ad-hoc to users on the various applications managed by the IT department.
- Responsible for ensuring that Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) were adhered to by coordinating all repairs that had to be made by a third part vendors were done in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance to the SLA guidelines.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and upgrades to the network by ensuring that all OS and application patches were installed in a timely manner and the network was adequately protected with current up to date Anti-Virus versions and definitions.
- Provide in-person, telephone and remote support to the user base.
- Performed any function as needed by the Lead Network Administrator.
Inventory Control Specialist
Confidential, Hanover, Maryland
- Oversaw compliance of receiving practices with established company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of company funds and property, security, and record-keeping procedures.
- Communicated with central distribution and/or the corporate inventory control department.
- Processed shipping and receiving functions that affect store inventory by verifying purchase orders and ticketing.
- Ensured the accurate processing of all returns-to-vendors, chargebacks, transfers and damages based on company policies and procedures.
- Oversaw floor moves, preparation of merchandise displays and presentations.
- Ensured timely receipt and distribution of all incoming and outgoing deliveries according to company standards.
- Helped solve problems and make informed decisions that affect the service, and productivity of the receiving area.
Confidential, Burtonsville, Maryland
- Monitored incoming and outgoing packages to identify and sort out hazardous packages.
- Identified problematic trends and created solutions that resolved customer issues.
- Completed all necessary paperwork for irregular packages.
- Performed clerical duties in the mail-unloading department.