Extensive experience in: Project Management, Problem Analysis, Network Architecture, End User/Vendor Interface, and Hardware/Software Evaluation. Expertise in Domino/Lotus Notes (CLP), Quest Software, WebSphere Portal, MS Exchange 2010, Internet Security Systems, Novell (CNE), Microsoft Windows NT/2003/XP, Confidential VINES, Sun Solaris, ARCServ, LDAP, HTTP, TCP/IP, LISTSERV, Synoptics (Bay Networks), IBM, Compaq, Sun Microsystems, and DEC machines; with a focus in system integration and collaborative processing environments.
- Responsible for migrating approximately 1000 users from Lotus Notes/Domino v8.5 to Exchange 2010 using Quest’s ‘Notes Migrator for Exchange 4.5.
- Provided strategy and executed client migrations remotely for customer’s located in Europe, Asia and South America.
- Migrated Mail - In databases and Groups to Exchange Shared Mailboxes.
- Providing post migration support for remote offices environments on a 24x7 basis.
- Engaged in EMC related task such as creating / assigning ACL group permissions, managing Mailbox access, and move request
- Developed a strategy to migrate EMAIL from Lotus Notes/Domino v6.5 to Exchange 2010.
- Utilized global resources to migrate 3,500 mailboxes totaling approximately thirteen terabytes of data across twenty locations around the world.
- In addition to mail migration, the project included configuring Blackberry devices and instant messaging clients to work in the MS Exchange environment.
- Documented and trained internal IT staff in the setup and use of Quest Software's product 'Notes Migrator for Exchange 4.1.8'.
- The solution implemented allowed for migrations to occur around the clock, based on the regional offices' time zone, with minimal interruption of service and immediate access to new corporate email system.
- Conducted an infrastructure and application assessment at a global law firm, for the migration and coexistence of Domino/Lotus Notes and Microsoft Exchange/Outlook EMAIL platforms.
- The report documented the complexity of the project, as well as best practices. Evaluated, documented, installed and implemented Quest Software's tool 'Notes Migrator for Exchange version 4.1.1.'
- Created a detailed matrix outlining step-by-step procedures for entire migration process thereby ensuring consistent and repeatable results for all locations.
- Lead the on-site effort at six national and five international offices. Resulting in the successful migration of four terabytes of EMAIL messages.
- Responsible for the monitoring and troubleshooting of IBM WebSphere Application server v5.1 running on Redhat Linux platform.
- Accessing servers remotely via VPN; performed the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the WebSphere runtime environment.
- Duties include configuration and deployment of NodeAgents, application clustering, connecting to back-end resources and basic troubleshooting.
- Working independently, performing most tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation or vendor support services.
- Work with a team that is responsible for overseeing a 10,000 node Domino clustered environment, consisting of 8 AS400 mail servers and 30+ Windows based Domino enterprise servers that perform various functions from LDAP services to application hosting.
- Played a role in implementing the Notes Application, ID Manager. Defined the registration and deletion profiles for 400 company sites.
- Compiled a list of hosted Domino applications for Business Units across three Data Centers located globally that resulted in an accurate summation of billing to the respective Business Units.
- Managed the daily second level support queue, and resolved tickets assigned to the GIS Domino Messaging team.
- Compiled and scheduled list of tasks for upgrading Lotus Notes/Domino servers and applications from release 5.x to 6.x.
- Organized and completed all steps resulting in successful migration to release 6.5.4.
- Upgrade Lotus Sametime release 3.x to Lotus Instant Messaging release 7.
- Prepared self-installation CDs, using InstallShield, to automate Notes client and Desktop configuration; with minimal user intervention.
- Provide user support for issues related to the Lotus Notes/Domino environment.
- Analyzed and resolved Intranet/Internet connectivity problems.
- Documented procedures and guidelines for day to day monitoring, incident reporting, and problem resolution.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Created and implemented a rollout of Lotus Notes/Domino release 5.x to seven locations and 2,500 end-users.
- Developed a scenario allowing secure access to corporate EMAIL from the Internet using either the Notes client or an Internet browser.
- Upgraded the New York and New Jersey offices from release 5.0.11 to 6.0.1.
- The utilization of the iNotes client provided enhanced flexibility to our mobile customers.
- Incorporated a LISTSERV into our Domino environment which provided a solution that allowed customers to:
- Create/generate mailing lists of AICPA members and State societies.
- Have the capability of targeted email marketing via internal corporate databases.
- Carry out Campaigns with planned sequential email messages, i.e., conference registrations, call for Papers, etc.
- Migrating away from antiquated and dissimilar systems resulted in an estimated savings of $650,000 to the Institute.
- In conjunction with the Internal Audit department, developed guidelines and procedures to scan routers, switches and servers using ISS's Internet and System Scanner.
- Successfully protected over 300 Internal Network devices from SANS Top Twenty vulnerabilities by applying upgrades/patches to devices.
- Created a custom template to scan specifically for password vulnerabilities.
- In addition, hardened the operating systems on servers with web access.
Project Leader/Senior Technology Specialist
- Responsible for the design, planning, and implementation of a Domino based network and server architecture with Inter/Intra/Extranet capabilities.
- Established server connections to a semi-private network between ZRMS and Zurich Insurance; (our parent company in Switzerland, a 60,000 node global Notes network) for the purpose of replication and mail-routing.
- Incorporated the use of SMTPMTA's, allowing the routing of mail between Notes and OfficeVision (AS/400).
- Developed a strategy for migrating from release 4.6x to 5.0. Utilized server features such as rollback segments, POP3, Clustering, and LDAP functionality.
- Resulting in improved reliability and openness of the environment. Provided a solution to unify Netscape mail under Lotus Notes.
- Migrated the corporate Actuarial department's four gigabyte SCO UNIX/Oracle database running on Compaq servers to Solaris/Oracle database on Sun Microsystems hardware.
- Worked with representatives from Oracle, devised a method to export schemas, tables, and 80,000 lines of data with indices from one platform to the other.
- This allowed our company to standardize on one UNIX platform with the added bonus of improved customer productivity.
- Led in development and implementation of a hardware and OS configuration for a UNIX-based Accounts Payable system.
- Management requested mid-stream of the UNIX rollout to devise and implement a strategy to port the A/P application to Win/NT.
- New system currently supports, on average, 5,000 transactions daily.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of a limited rollout of Lotus Notes Release 3.x throughout the corporation.
- Designed a server topology across an existing 56k/128k/T1 wide area network, allowing access to Notes servers in 36 field office locations.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Worked within a Confidential VINES network, and was responsible for upgrading the Operations staff servers and clients to release 3.1c of Lotus Notes from an earlier version.
- Installed and configured IBM TCP/IC on all servers allowing communication outside the Token Ring network. Updated the Notes servers' operating systems from IBM's OS/2 1.3 to release OS/2 2.21.
- Provided documentation and for end users and administrators through group forums and private instruction.
- Created three Lotus Notes databases outlining procedures and practices for implementing Notes in their environment.
- Additionally, designed a multi-user calendar database which utilizes document links and selective replication for use by senior management.
Project Leader/Senior Systems Analyst
- Created and implemented a global roll out of Lotus Notes release 3.0 for 7,500 clients in 23 countries.
- Setup a global server topology allowing sites to replicate databases twice daily.
- Visited 6 European and 3 Pacific sites to install Notes servers, PCs and Macintosh clients.
- Also responsible for managing, guiding and educating support staff and end users.
- Working within the corporate office, configured 12 Notes servers, which included a development and test environment.
- Each machine had the ability of running NetBIOS, Netware Confidential, and Appletalk protocols concurrently.
- Conducted feasibility test with Cisco routers (via MUX) as a means of data transport between branches.
- Coordinated with developers in creating Change Control procedures and application migration.
- Wrote the standards and guidelines for database design requirements, server configurations, end user and common administrator task.
- Responsible for administrating and maintaining a 2,500 node Novell network consisting of 42 file servers and 105 print servers.
- Configured a Cubix Asynchronous communication server allowing a total 32 modems to exist in a pool.
- Designed and installed a Palindrome Tape Archive\Data Migration solution which backed up 96 Gigabytes of data.
Project Manager/Project Engineer
- Established an engineering project tracking system.
- Negotiated contracts with various vendors for the analysis and purchase of PC hardware and software peripherals.
- Developed computer aided format to analyze project forecasting and budget resulting in better control of departmental scheduling.
- Completed one project five months ahead of schedule with a 22% savings to the client.