Highly skilled IT support professional with extensive helpdesk/desktop experience. Hard working and dedicated to producing timely and effective results.
Windows 95, 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP, Novell (limited), Office 97,2000, XP, 2003 and 2007, & limited Lotus Notes, Track - It, Remedy, Footprints, LANDesk, DemandDesk, Norton Anti-Virus, Ad-aware, SpyBot, MalWarebytes, 10,000 keystrokes, ability to learn quickly, iManage, Caseware, Internet Explorer & Firefox.
Clinical Support Specialist
- Supports large-scale database management systems.
- Performs systems analysis of computer, communications, and network systems.
- Supports the installation of computer operating systems, network, application software, and computer/network hardware.
- Provides hot-line support to customers and possesses troubleshooting skills and knowledge of the MHS clinical systems and Windows environment and OS.
- Analyzes and supports technical documentation detailing installation procedures.
- Supports the overall integration of all system peripherals so that they can operate correctly within a predefined environment.
- Manages the overall installation and maintenance of hardware and software on a daily basis.
- Monitors overall system performance.
- Oversees daily operations of system at the customer site to ensure system availability.
- Troubleshooting LAN/WAN network communications operations, hardware and application software.
- Loads new software releases and software maintenance updates at the customer site.
- Proficiency with PC Hardware/Software to include deployment.
- Proficiency troubleshooting PC Hardware and loading Software.
- Logs trouble calls with the Support Center with required follow-up until problem resolution. Maintains a site log of trouble tickets and accumulates data for effective problem resolution statistics.
- Performs system security checks on a routine basis.
- Interfaces with customer and is responsible for technical communication with management/other sites.
IT Infrastructure Support
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provide Tier One Help Desk Support to incoming request on a daily questions and problems
- Log all calls, emails and walk in request, problems and/or questions into DemandDesk ticket system
- Troubleshoot software such as Internet Explorer 6, Office 1997, Office 2003, Lotus Notes
- Document and update status of calls/resolutions
- Escalating calls to Level 2 support team as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
IT Support Analyst
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Provide Tier One Help Desk Support to incoming requests on daily questions and problems
- Handle calls by logging them into Footprints tracking ticket system.
- Document and update status of calls/resolutions in Footprints.
- Troubleshoot hardware and basic issues with software applications such as Caseware, Office 2007. Office 2003.
- Set up & test Video equipment for scheduled Video conferences (Polycomm/IVCI)
- Support Remote Access issues such as VPN and Dial-up.
- Work independently and follow-up with solving staff hardware/software and Remote Access issues.
- Keep staff informed as to the status of their problem(s).
- Configure Computer Systems for new images (Symantec Ghost), updates and rotation assignments to staff
- Responsible for inventory and asset control records in database (ie: Laptops, Desktops, PDA's, Printers, Security Cables, Memory Keys, Mouse etc).
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and support Printers.
- Escalating calls to Level 2 support team as needed.
- Work closely with IT Operation Technicians
- Perform other duties as assigned.
IT Support Specialist
Confidential, Bowie, MD
- Provides phone support for XP Professional, Office 2003, WordPerfect 12, Office 2003, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Groupwise.
- Resets Network passwords using Active Directory and econtrol.
- Supports Blackberry and printer issues.
- Configures and maintains laptops including inventory.
- Uses Remedy ticketing system to log in all calls or emails that come in from employees.
IT Support Specialist
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes service requests received via phone or email concerning Attorney’s, Paralegals, Secretaries, etc. computer performance.
- Performs diagnostics with customer to collect information about problem to determine source of error.
- Resolves remote access issues, printing issues, and network connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoots PC hardware, software problems and Blackberries, and identifies, categorizes, and resolves PC hardware and software application problems.
- Escalates the most complex problems to third-tier Senior Support Specialists or other Hardware/System Specialists as necessary.
- Assign/create user id/passwords using RSA Secure ID Key.
- Logs and tracks calls using Remedy and maintains history records and related problem documentation. Maintains accuracy of help desk database and records resolution information.
Client Services Engineer
Confidential, Riverdale, MD
- Record, track, escalate, and update calls through Magic, client services problem tracking system.
- Support 5,000 users in Windows XP Professional, 2000 Professional, Internet Explorer, Office XP and Office 2000, and also banking industry specific software.
- Direct clients to appropriate self support tools or resources
- Resolve problems using electronic or software tools, manuals, and technical support documentation
- Identify problem trends and possible solutions
- Perform remedial repair and preventative maintenance
- Install manufacturers engineering and field change orders
- Manage replacement or new parts inventories to meet service levels
- Perform hardware installation, de-installation, and relocation
- Customize desktop hardware and software to comply with organizational standards
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot basic hardware problems
- Familiarize clients with basic hardware and peripheral device operation
- Assisted Tier II (Deskside Support) and Confidential Bank in configuring, testing and setting up workstations, also switched cables in the wire closet.