I am a seasoned IT professional with over 15 years of high level experience troubleshooting a wide range of problems (LAN, WAN, web, hardware, end user software, etc.) using Microsoft Windows 7&8, XP, 2000/2003, Apple Macintosh, extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook) and Internet protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, etc.)
Operating Systems: Windows 7&8, Vista, XP, Windows 2000, NT4; 98 & 95, Windows Server 2000, Active Directory, WINS/DNS/DHCP/TCPIP, Macintosh, DOS
Customer Tracking Softwre: HP Service Manager, Remedy, HEAT, Touch Paper, Track - It/ TeamTrak
Hardware: Repairing, maintaining, imaging and upgrading - Dell, HP, Toshiba, IBM, Gateway and other Intel based PC workstations. Rack mounted Dell PowerEdge, IBM, and Compaq Proliant servers.
Apple Macintosh: MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac's, Mac Pro .
Printers: HP, Apple, Cannon Xerox
Software: Windows - Microsoft Office 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, Symantec Antivirus
Packages: Citrix ICA, Veritas Backup Exec Software, PcAnywhere, Remedy, Track-It, Sybase Power Builder, MRI, Chameleon, Veritas Backup Exec. Apple Macintosh - Microsoft Office Suite, QuarkXPress, PageMaker, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Lotus cc Mail,, Mac Tools, Norton Utilities
Computer/Network Desktop Support Specialist
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair computing related issues and questions face-to-face, and by telephone contact or remotely (using Go To Assist and Remote Desktop) for both the faculty and staff of Confidential, Confidential Tier 1 & 2 support capacity.
- Support all Microsoft Office productivity applications and university administrative applications and provide one-on-one training for users if needed.
- Configure and maintain automated back-ups of computing systems
- Provide guidance for faculty and staff on their computing purchases; install and configure all new computer systems (Macintosh and PCs), printers, scanners, iPhone, iPad, laptops, and other computing related devices.
- Set up VPN, remote desktop and maintain pathways from home to office computers for faculty and staff that need to work from home or while traveling
- Large and small scaled PC deployments, including application loading, user data migration, new PC deployments, imaging workstations.
- Manage, teach and train summer interns from IT Computer Confidential afterschool programs now employed .
- Answered inbound calls with excellent communication, interpersonal and client service skills.
- Excellent friendly customer service.
- Entered caller/customer personal data in the course of customer application process incident resolution Document incident information and activities/actions into ticketing system.
- We train, empower teach and build confidence in youth and adults to pursue professions in computer technology in a fun, exciting learning environment.
- We accomplish this by partnering and building relationships with likeminded non-profit organizations, schools and recreation centers throughout the area.
- This gives youth confidence in computer technology by encouraging job and career preparation.
- The program is centered around disassembling a PC, identifying each component, understanding how it works, and putting them back together.
- Students are trained and tested for introduction to A+ certification.
- Students Confidential learn techniques to troubleshoot PCs speed up computers, back up data, and protect and remove spyware and avoid fatal viruses.
- Each student Confidential be challenged Confidential their appropriate level in a fun learning experience.
- We work with organizations to hire students for summer and part time employment.
Desktop Support Tec
- Troubleshooting technical issues over the phone via remote control and in person via desk side support resolving customer problems relating to hardware, software, email, printing.
- Preparing outdated equipment which includes wiping the hard drives and removing serial numbers from inventory database.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware problems, including PCs, local and network printers, and scanners.
- Upgrading and re-imaging desktop PCs and laptops using Norton Ghost.
- Setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting end-user Outlook e-mail accounts.
- Answering Help Desk calls during regular business hours, inputting call information into HEAT call tracking system, documenting incidents and problem resolutions
Technical Services Specialist
- Provide help desk telephone support for approx 475 users.
- Utilizing PCAnyware and MS Remote Desktop Access.
- Collect and enter pertinent call data from the user into the TouchPaper helpdesk tracking system and the Lotus Notes Incident Tracking Database.
- Provide support and training for legal enterprise-wide applications, e.g., MS Office XP, Outlook Exchange, Lotus Notes, Interwoven Desksite, Enhanced Time Entry (ETE), and TraxOpen.
- Participate in Firm-wide software testing and roll-outs using Marimba & Channel Manager application distribution software programs
- Set-up and maintain new and replacement desktops and laptops, and maintains inventory records
- Resolve hardware related issues of the desktops and other peripherals
- Provide RAS support of Firm issued tokens and soft tokens and services, i.e. VPN/extranet, secure ID tokens, Install, troubleshoot and support Blackberries, cell phones, and wireless devices; laptops, routers and switches.
- Provide Audio/Visual (A/V) support for video and web conferences.
- Create, modify and troubleshoot user network logon accounts.
- Provide Assistance with the maintenance of network servers and components.
- Perform and maintain data backups and restores using Veritas Backup Exec
Desktop Support Technician
- My responsibilities were to record, track, escalate, and update calls through ticketing systems Track-It and TeamTrak problem tracking system, supporting FRB's trading floor, Research department, Banking Division and all remote offices.
- Specialized in MS Office 2000/2003 applications, Outlook 2000, Blackberry and Custom-developed applications.
- Trained, troubleshooted, and explaining all software issues.
- Responsibilities included Tier I and II user resolution and resolve 60% of all calls on first contact. 50% of fixes using PC Anywhere.
- Configured, test and deployed workstations laptops/docking stations. Configured workstations necessary to operate on the network, including the installation of operating systems and application software.
- Assisted in patch management process of MS Windows updates and security updates by testing and deploying company wide to all PC's on the network.
- Provided hardware and software support for PC's and Laptops ghost imaging of desktop for swaps and new installs using Norton Ghost.
- Provide one-on-one training for users if needed.
- Develop procedures, develop FAQ's, manage and participated in projects, including deployment and installing of summer interns.
- Performed inventory and tracking of all equipment and user moves (hardware and software).
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Desktop Support/Network Administrator
- Provided end-user tier-1 and 2 support for our Local Area Network (Windows 2000). Providing end-to-end technical support for 125 users on IT problems & related issues including: hardware, software, network, connectivity and security.
- A portion of my LAN, WAN responsibilities included monitoring Ethernet switches, routers, ISA servers, Cisco routers, hubs, firewall and proxy software.
- Responsible for all recurring network administration tasks (i.e login, password, admin group's active director changes, backups, network monitoring, virus scan upgrades, patches, etc.)
- M aintained and upgraded IBM, Dell & Compaq laptops, servers and other PC hardware (Dell, Compaq, Systemax-Venture and Gateway), printers, faxes, copiers, wireless and Confidential & Confidential /AVAYA systems managing our Audix phone system which is implemented throughout the organization.
- Installed various software programs which included Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Microsoft Office products, Citrix and Accounting software (MRI, ADP, Y-Check, and Yardi) applications.
- Provided support in the area of multimedia, operating and maintaining various audio and video components, which include projectors and teleconference systems in our conference centers.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Duties were performed for Confidential which is an offsite, on line, data backup and restore company.
- The company provides a service called Datavaulting, it is an alternative to traditional backup methods that replaces conventional tape based systems with a fully automated online solution. It provides centralized and automated backups of PCs, file servers and application/database servers with secure offsite storage and immediate online restoration.
- Pro vided customer support and maintenance of Datavaults; interacted with clients on the status of their backups, problems, troubleshooting, and customer care calls. Upgraded client systems from Win98 and NT servers to Microsoft 2000, XP and 2000 Servers.
- Managed and monitored customer site hardware resources, network resources and, when necessary, monitored Confidential Datavaulting service process using modems and or T1/VPN connections.
- Monitored and switched tapes using Vertas Backup Exec for tape backup and restores.
- Upgraded sever firmware, windows updates, software and hardware.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Network Administrator/Help Desk Specialist
- Provided technical support, troubleshooting hardware and software problems, on stand-alone and TCP/IP networks.
- Specialized in Microsoft Office suite .
- Performed administrative tasks on Microsoft NT and Novell Netware file servers, post offices, and workstations.
- Installed, configured and administered Windows XP/2000/NT/98/95 and Macintosh desktops, some knowledge of UNIX environments.
- Interfaced with users on problem solving, training, and assessed their needs. Acted as a liaison with management to resolve workstation hardware problems.
- Worked with developers and programmers to resolve issues in software applications, vendor database and server problems.
- Provided tier-1 and 2 support for production services by answering technical questions, performing problem analysis, recommending resolutions, and implementing fixes in a timely manner.
- Developed utilities and procedures for large-scale systems administration initiatives.
- Implementation of TCP/IP, IPX/SPX and AppleTalk protocols. Installation on Windows XP, NT, 2000, DOS and Apple OS desktops, using various in-house and vendor software including Ghost imaging, MS Winstall and Confidential ; a Confidential Brothers in-house software-packaging agent.
- Assisted other groups within the company in domain infrastructure and design of networks, and account generation, building of servers; rollout and blast, IP configuration, and installation of Intel-based PC workstations and laptops.