Over 11+ year’s as a Desktop Support / Administrator with expertise in optimization, standardization and centralization of workstations, servers, peripherals, hardware and software with a specific interest in centralization of legacy hardware, software and documentation. Have administered, maintained and managed complex Enterprise Active Directory infrastructures including WINS, DNS and DHCP. Have managed, built and supported various Servers running on Exchange. Possess good technical, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Software: Active Directory, Exchange, Lotus Notes, GroupWise, Novell, SendMail, Altiris, Quest Software Suite, POP3, VMware, MS Office Suite, Ghost, McAfee
Hardware: Desktops, Laptops, Server hardware, Blade hardware, SAN, SME, Cisco, Firewall, Blackberry
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003/ 2008 Server, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Windows 9x/2000/XP, 7
Other: DNS (BIND & Windows Based), WINS, TCP/IP, SAP / ERP, VPN, LAN / WAN, ITIL, Remote desktop connectivity applications RDP, pcAnywhere, LANDesk
Desktop Support Tech
- Refreshes computers including laptop, desktop, and work stations
- Installs software required by user
- Completes paperwork, updates systems with refresh data
- Delivers or arranges for equipment delivery to users' desk (includes shipping to off - sites)
- Follows processes including verifying license assignments
- Documents and discards old hardware as needed
- Assists with some tasks related to replacing monitors, keyboards, etc.
- Assists in monthly inventory audits and tracking all hardware Using Quick Base/Intuit
- Performed analytical, technical, and administrative work in the planning, design, and installation of new and existing personal computer systems, workstations, or servers
- Diagnoses and resolves problems in response to customer reported incidents; confers with end users to determine types of hardware and software required.
- Installs new hardware and software and maintains existing components using RDP, or pcAnywhere
- Troubleshoot and resolves issues with computer systems and peripheral equipment located throughout the organization.
- Prepared progress reports for all work performed.
- Evaluated products for compatibility, expandability, and ease of use and support.
- Researched and reporting trends and patterns of problems, developing training materials and performing computing/information system training sessions.
- Developed and maintained problem tracking databases. Reasonable Installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining hardware and software, performing backup and recovery operations, consulting with users to identify needs and requirements, conducting
Warehouse Technical Trainer
- Duties also included site preparation, aiding units in data cleansing and data validation, and providing over-the-shoulder support.
- Assisted in the creation and sustainment of Confidential - Confidential training materials.
- Duties will include site preparation activities, classroom set-up and tear-down, classroom instruction/facilitation, assisting converting units with data validation checks and post go-live activities, and will also perform other relevant duties as required.
- Traveled worldwide, interact effectively with Confidential Soldiers, leaders, civilians, and contractors in both a classroom and workplace setting, learned program-specific software application and tools, and assist with sustainment of Confidential - Confidential training materials based on changes to Confidential - Confidential software functionality and fielding-activity experiences.
Integration Specialist /Desktop Support
- Windows Server support, new account set-up, permissions and Active Directory administration.
- Responsible for network administration of the local network, Ghost imaged machines utilizing Win PE, remote imaging from USB devices, Windows Deployment Services, Symantec Ghost with
- Provide support for U.S. Confidential approved software and patches, experienced in multiple STAMIS such as Confidential - Confidential, SAMS-E, SAMS-IE, and SARSS software loads and server builds.
- Managed Active Directory for the local office, managed and coordinated all Dell warranty repairs, assisted with the build of Citrix servers for connection to Warehouse Management System.
- Responsible for all documentation and editing of technical procedures and software loads, planned new PMLIS network for new facility, implemented IDS Retina Scanner, CISCO Firewall,
- Updated network security to be compliant with STIGS, implemented Backup Recovery plan utilizing Symantec Back-up EXEC, disaster recovery planning and employee training.
- Provided administration and support for Office 365 Exchange, Outlook, Blackberry, Active Directory, Lync, related issues.
- Professionally dealt with and communicated with the end users on a daily basic.
- Managed Outlook 2003/.2007/2010 Public folders access and Set Access Permission for mailbox calendar, system recycle bin, and storage space allocation
- Set domain policies, IPSEC, Group Policy, site definition, replication, and trusts.
- General Networking Architecture including WAN Environments.
- Managed Migration from different flavors of Exchange to one centralized email.
- Documented technical requirements and impact analysis stayed in line with ITIL practices. Identified and tracked issues, risks and action items.
- Assisted with the migration of agencies from their legacy e-mail systems to a new centralized e-mail system.
- Used Quest Migration Tool to perform Active Directory and Exchange migration (QMM and QMME). Used Altiris Software for configuration and release management.
- Assisted with migration planning and communicating with customers.
- Assisted with evaluation of customers’ environment prior to migration, and execution of migration tasks.
- Microsoft Active Directory Services Network Administrator including WINS, DNS and DHCP.
- Identified issues and resolutions in Active Directory environment.
- Designed and assisted in maintaining an Exchange 5.5 Server organization with sites and servers in Portsmouth, VA, Newport News and Hampton, VA.
- Perform BES Enterprise Server Administration Configuration
- Perform Blackberry Administration, configuration, testing, training and deployment, Lotus Notes Domino Migration from 6.5 to 8.5.1 and Blackberry Server Migration using Blackberry Enterprise Transporter 5.0
Active Directory Administrator
- Network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Supported server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications.
- Performed technology needs analysis.
- Rolled out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Planned, implemented, and supported the network and computing infrastructure plan
- Creating and managing user and computer accounts, security groups, and application-specific data, all of which are stored in Active Directory.
- Modification of Group Policy settings to affect the configuration state of member computers.
- Creation of user accounts and modification of group memberships
- Managing the following Active Directory content: User accounts Computer accounts
- Creation and maintenance of Active Directory configuration data.
- Adding a domain controller to a child domain
- Associating a new subnet to a site
- Adding and removing domain controllers.
- Managing and monitoring replication.
- Ensuring the proper assignment and configuration of operations master roles.
- Performing regular backups of the directory database.
- Configuring forest-wide Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) settings.
Help Desk/Desktop Support Technician
- Responsibilities included providing First-level technical support to internal and remote customers on a variety of computer-based issues, via telephone calls, email, instant messaging, and/or personal requests. 100% technical telephone support.
- Documented, tracked, and monitored problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Logged and tracked inquiries using Remedy and maintained history records and related problem documentation.
- Identified, evaluated, and prioritized customer problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries were successfully resolved.
- Recommended changes to policies and procedure to streamline operations.
- Provided on-site troubleshooting, training and tech support at the desktop level.
- Provided telephone/remote tech support to end users.
- Performed software installs and updates.
- Maintained accurate client network documentation and inventory documentation.
- Set up PCs, printers, peripherals and networking equipment.
- Managed computers, users and policies in Active Directory.
- Assisted in administration of Network equipment and servers.
- Member of front-line, business-centric international support team.
- As part of team, supported a wide range of standard and custom desktop and web-based applications, skills routinely used included: most areas of desktop and laptop support, setup and troubleshooting.
- Exchange administration, Windows and MS Office support; SMS and other remote access tools.