Information Technology professional with experience in all major aspects of Software Pre - Sales and Implimentation, IT operations and facilitation. Experienced in Application Performance Management including with a variety of Applications, Databases, Middleware and Operating Systems.
- Presentation Experience with Client Technical staff, Management and C-Level
- Vender/Client relations
- Strong Diagnostic Skills
- Resource and Capacity Planning
- Knowledge of Web technologies, protocols and tools
- Disaster Recovery Planning, Data Center Consolidation
- Professional Services
- Detail-oriented, “hands-on”, project management skills
Product Presentations and Demonstrations, Project Management, Proof-of-Concepts, Customer Interaction and Customer Adviser. Sales of Monitoring, Event Management, End-to-End, and Application Performance Management products. Professional Services Implementation of products in a variety of customer environments
- Windows, Unix, Linux, OpenVMS, VMware (VCA-DCV )vSphere/Workstation
- System Administration, Solution Architect, Application Administration
- BMC - BMC Performance Mgr, BMC Capacity Optimization, BEM, PATROL, PSL, BPPM, TM-ART
- Sybase, Oracle, MS Sql Server, MS Exchange, Active Directory
- Shell Programming (C, Bash and Korn Shells)
- Networker, Sql Backtrack
- Vantive, Remedy, SalesForce, Siebel
- Confidential TPM Solutions (Application Performance Monitoring/Management)
- Solution Selling, Presentation Skills, Value Propositions, WebEx
- Self-starter, “Trusted Advisor”, Technical Account Management
- Advanced technical problem-solving skills
- SAAS, Cloud-Computing
- Event Management Specialist contracted to Confidential clients for the implementation, upgrade and customization of Confidential Products in large environments
- Upgraded Patrol monitoring environment consisting of over 2000 Windows, Linux and AIX related agents throughout the US, In the Confidential IT organization.
- Solutions Architect within CA’s Customer Lifecycle Solutions Team. Focusing on product value and growth within the current install base for the Application Performance Management Suite of tools.
- Provide Customer Environment Assessments and Road Map Presentations to existing customers.
- Work with Clients and Pre-Sales Consultants to better understand the complex customer environments. Making recommendations on upgrades, enhancements and additional products within the Suite.
- Overall assisting customers in gaining value from their product investment.
Systems Management Specialist
- Strategic Consulting project responsible for the implementation of Confidential Service Assurance tool set at a remote client.
- Senior solutions consultant, responsible for architecting, designing and implementing medium to large scale BMC service assurance products at various customers either onsite or remote.
- Collaboration with Project Management Team members to assure customer satisfaction and on-time completion.
- Interaction with clients over project details and implementation coordination
- Present, demonstrate and provide training on implemented products
- Provide “Steady State” Support to implemented architecture, Day to Day operations.
Solution Architect / Sales Engineer
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Primary technical resource for the Field Sales team, selling the Application Performance Management Suite of tools
- Responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our solutions
- Answered technical questions from customer's regarding Confidential technology as well as articulate Sales and Technical messaging to both business and technical users.
- Built and maintained strong, long-term relationships throughout the region with our customer's technical staff as well as senior management.
- Demonstrated Confidential solutions to customers on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Effectively managed multiple Proof of Concepts or other evaluation methods.
- Provided technical responses to RFPs and RFIs
- Assessed a prospective account’s technical needs, issues and requirements, Developed and manage a plan to meet those needs.
- Worked with Storage, Database and System Administrators concerning the installation and configuration of the product.
- Presented and coordinated with IT Management as well as C-Level personnel to organize Preliminary and Post Proof of Concept results with ROI.
- Installation and Proof of Concepts of Confidential APM product for Transaction Performance of Custom J2EE and .NET based, as well as ERP applications at the customers site.
Principal Software Consultant
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Responsible for Pre-Sales, as well as some Post-sales, activities related to clients and prospective clients of Confidential ’s Availability and Performance Management products.
- Evaluated Customer needs and provided solutions utilizing BMC products
- Developed and maintained relationships with key individuals within the customer account and become a “Trusted Adviser” to these individuals.
- Participated in marketing events, Customer Briefings, Seminars, User Groups, Trade Shows and Conferences.
- Developed and delivered clear presentations and advice to customers on complex environments, based on input from Product Development and own personal experiences
- Technical Account Manager assigned to large key customers, in the South-Central Sales Region.
- This included Customer Satisfaction, Product assistance and Consultative advice
- Developed and delivered product training for existing customers in the region
- Advised BMC Product Development on the needs of customers for future releases of the products.
- Provided hands-on experience and support for Product trials
Senior Systems Analyst
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Responsible for Installation and Maintenance of all Vantive (Problem Management, Change Management, Asset Management) Systems used for all Confidential.
- Developed System Maintenance scripts utilizing C-Shell and Korn-Shell
- Performed all System installation and maintenance on Sun Solaris, Linux and Windows platforms assigned to Vantive Team
- Performed all Database Administration on the project’s Sybase and Microsoft Sql Server databases
VAX / VMS Cluster Manager
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Senior member of Outsourcing staff, responsible to BP Exploration, for the Systems Management of 3 VAX Clusters with approximately 75 Nodes.
- Responsible for VAX/Cray-Station support, world-wide
- Provide support to BP management involved in corporate office relocation and Computer center consolidation.
- Supply VMS support to over 200 users for all Confidential software and "Third Party" Packages installed.
- Provide reports to Data Center management concerning the performance of the VAX Clusters.
- Perform system tuning to improve cluster performance.
- Responsible for the consolidation and downsizing of the VAX computer center in accordance to BP Exploration's policy of cost and staff reduction. Make further recommendations to enhance this policy