Proven technical excellence in fast paced demanding corporate technical environments. Advanced technical experience in network PC and technical environments including fast paced business environments while always striving to deliver superior results. Identified technical areas for improvement when asked to do so and provided input to strategic decision making when requested. Extensive experience in a team environment; able to train, mentor, listen, learn as well as teach when necessary and motivate team members to peak performance. Demonstrated ability to operate in dynamic situations with minimal supervision and achieve superior results. Strong communication and interpersonal skills enabling interaction with diverse groups of individuals at all levels of an organization. Able to maintain effective work relationships and accept recommendations. Strong analytical and planning skills. Practiced in defining and resolving technical problems with responsibility for planning and implementing solutions.
Operating systems/applications: Windows 95/98/2000/XP, Vista and Windows 7. Microsoft Office Suites 97/2000/XP/2003/2013. Lotus Notes, GroupWise 5.5 - 6.0 experience, Outlook 98/200/XP/2003/2013 setup and configurations. Word-perfect, Heat, Service Now ticket tracking systems, Power Docs and I Manage document management systems. Blackberry software, hand held setup and Blackberry Enterprise Server experience as well as Ipad, Iphone and Android droid support experience. PC Anywhere and Remote Desktop utilized extensively in house to correct most user related issues. Systems Management Server deployments, Net Meeting, and Zen Browser remote tools experience. Citrix, Xenapp and Xendesktop. Imaging of production workstations utilizing Ghost, Acronis True image and Tivoli software. Assist in scheduling and performing software distributions using desktop management systems such as Altiris, SCCM or LanDesk.
Server experience: LAN setup connection experience. Windows NT, Windows 2003 and 2008 experience. Novell Net-ware and some UNIX/Linux experience, Setup and configuration of routers, hubs and switches. Planned and executed Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7 roll outs to client nodes. Microsoft 2003 and 2008 server roll outs. Tape resets, Active Directory account set up and management of accounts. Performed some Exchange administration activities on an as needed basis. Setup VPN connections, some firewall setup and configuration experience. Wireless router setup and configuration. Utilization and task oriented duties within Microsoft's SQL and Oracle databases running accordance with organizations proprietary applications.
Desktop Support Technician
- Assess reported issues and as necessary work directly with Client's service providers for escalation and timely issue resolution.
- Effectively communicate with desk side supervisor in regards to asset management and break/fix processes.
- Replicate and resolve customer incidents in the software & hardware environment. Self-monitoring of Help Desk tickets to insure proper escalation and resolution of incidents consistent with the agreed SLA's Communication with several IT Infrastructure support groups to appropriately escalate incidents and follow up on incidents to drive resolution for the users.
- Create and submit detailed call logs documenting customer interactions to be inclusive of accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness.
- Contribute current technical information and best practices concerning proprietary applications using the various knowledge distribution channels.
- Perform customer support related tasks and special projects as assigned by management.
- Liaise as necessary interdepartmentally to seek resolutions to all issues reported.
- Organize and utilize all support resources provided including emails, documentation, contact lists, etc.
- Performing XP to Windows 7 conversion/migrations throughout multiple company premises to ensure complete windows 7 transition and IT support policy compliancy.
- Daily utilization of Microsoft Office Suites 2010 and 2013, Windows Operating Systems XP and Windows 7, VPN client software Checkpoint (Citrix; Juniper), Remote Desktop tools Windows Remote Desktop, (Bomgar) Dameware.
Desktop Support Technician
- Provided comprehensive second tier desktop based support and consultation to 700 plus corporate users at company's client corporate office headquarters covering all facets of desktop-based software consisting of current Microsoft Office packages, hardware related coupled with real-time asset tracking support for client's locational based IT related assets and inventory.
- Provided 2nd tier technical support for all users in their offices and phone support to all remote based employees as well.
- Supported Microsoft Office Suite's 2003, 2007, 2013 Windows Operating System support up to and including Windows 7, VPN client software utilized (Citrix; Juniper), Remote Desktop tools utilized (Bomgar, LogMe in etc.) Extensively supported Ipad's and Iphones in addition to Android OS's in a Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Additionally followed up on all assigned tickets and fulfilled all SLA based agreements and expectations .
- Provided second tier technical support for all client end users issues and needs when the basic set of troubleshooting steps have already been attempted without resolution.
- Self-monitoring of end user support tickets to insure proper escalation and resolution of incidents consistent with the agreed SLA’s.
- Effectively communicated with several IT Infrastructure support groups to appropriately escalate incidents and follow up on incidents to drive resolution for the customers end user employees.
- Created and submitted detailed call and support related work logs documenting customer interactions to be inclusive of accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness.
- Performed customer support related tasks and special projects as assigned by management.
- Organized and utilized all support resources provided including emails, documentation, contact lists, etc.
- Periodically escalated issues to the field system administrator and network technicians where Client Home Office personnel were required for resolution.
- Utilized tools such as SMS and Goto-assist remote control, LAN connectivity utilities for troubleshooting, and network printing support and administration in a very large commercial corporate environment.
Technical Support Technician
- Provide consultation to users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems software.
- Provided technical support and guidance through Tier 2 support and worked with vendors to resolve Tier 3 issues.
- Collaborate with other members of the support team as well as employees from other departments such as engineering and professional services to resolve customer technical issues.
- Troubleshoot problems in hardware, software, peripherals and communications. Installing, integrating, and supporting desktop and server technologies.
- Interface with clients and communicate with management.
- Resolve complex product, carrier compliance, and hardware-related support issues.
- Maintain status of issues in a call-tracking system and perform appropriate follow-up on escalated issues.
- Respond to contact from customers, resellers and our professional service engineers, via phone, e-mail and in person. Identify issues and rapidly assess severity level of support requests.
- B uild test environments for debugging of complex issues.
- Perform complex software installations involving extensive integration with other third-party applications.
- Provide second level of troubleshooting for simple to complex issues, adapting to a variety of skill levels through a positive, analytical, and informative approach.
- Handle escalated questions via the telephone that usually focus on specific product segments, addressing both hardware and software related issues.
- Pro-actively identify ways to avoid recurrence of customer issues by regularly improving the processes, reviewing technical articles, and recommending changes.
- Support customers by listening attentively to their needs, reaching agreement about their issue and owning it to a resolution.
- Make outbound customer callbacks and follow-ups.
IT Support Specialist
- Installed, configured and tested microcomputers, peripherals Microsoft office applications and software.
- Supported Microsoft Office Suite 2007 / Mail System - Microsoft Exchange 2003 and 2007 utilization, Windows 2000 Server utilization, Windows Server 2003 and Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- Supported Exchange mail clients such as Outlook, Novell Evolution and Exchange Active Sync clients.
- Support of Microsoft Windows XP; Reset and change passwords and perform administrative functions within Active Directory.
- Perform basic and advanced troubleshooting functions in Microsoft Word, Power-point, Excel Access, and Outlook.
- Setup audio/video conferencing equipment. Worked in collaboration with many vendors such as Dell, HP, and Canon (etc.) for acquisitions of replacement and new equipment on company premises.
- Provided desktop support to over 1000 users at company headquarters.
- Duties included Installing, configuring and testing of microcomputers, peripherals and software. Imaging of laptop and desktop computers. Setup, configured and maintained all client and server machines on the premisess.
- Developed and maintained IT work flow procedures consisting of purchasing of all IT equipment, deploying and upgrading of all departmental IT equipment. Supported Microsoft Office Suite 2003, Exchange responsibilities included creation and maintenance of Exchange distribution lists, dynamic distribution lists, LDAP query, Query Based Distribution Groups, Exchange 2003’s ´exchdump´ tool.
- Recovery of storage groups, restoration of user mailboxes, Shadow Copy Backup, Exchange database backups, full support of Outlook clients, certificates, Cluster Services and performing combined duties within the Exchange Windows 2003 environment.
- Network duties included network performance management optimizing utilizing and monitoring of per port metrics including the monitoring of Net flow or RMON, monitoring of web-logs, synthetic monitoring, real time user monitoring and application response times. Support of Microsoft Windows XP operating system.
- Deployed images using ultimate boot PC, remote management utilizing SCCM, setting up and maintaining audio/video conferencing equipment and digital recording software.
- Active Directory duties included, adding and removing of users and computers within company’s Active Directory structure.
- Resetting of passwords, grouping of objects into one or more domains, setting up of policies and creating of organizational units, factoring in security and policy efficiency.
- Performed system maintenance of laptops and desktops, configuration of email, calendar sharing, Installation and troubleshooting of Nortel and Cisco VPN clients, VOIP/PBX phone system administration and RSA Administration.
Help Desk Analyst
- Support of company’s PC based software products running on corporate systems in an XP environment.
- Microsoft Active Directory management.
- Provided help desk support to approximately 500 users at head office.
- Performed inventory of all IT equipment including disposals of end of life equipment/prepared all for recyclers, Updated inventory database weekly
- Perform system maintenance and repair on PCs, laptops, printers (both standalone and networked) and network equipment, as well as installation of Operating Systems and software for user upgrades and new system roll out. Follow and enforce policies and procedures, providing adequate documentation for user adds, changes, and terminations.
- Create and manage Windows XP Images, software packages for Help Desk and Management using Symantec Ghost.
- Maintained PC workstations and Laptops using remote access software.
- Provided Tier II help desk technical support to corporate and Confidential .
- Accepted warm transfers from 1st Line technicians regarding customer complaints and or upgrade of computer systems.
- Generated orders for hardware and software according to customer needs.
- Prepared Work orders and customer service calls for all customers.
- Responded to all incoming desktop support tickets through phone and email for the companies help desk.
- Set up PC’s and laptops for 200 end users, installed network printers and transferred data to and from on-site Servers.
- Troubleshot systems in house and educated the user base on the use of Microsoft's Windows XP and 2000 operating systems.
- Reset and changed passwords and performed administrative functions within Active Directory.
- Performed basic and advanced troubleshooting functions in Microsoft Word, Power-point, Excel Access, Outlook, and I Manage.
- Familiarity in all Microsoft Office Suites up to current versions.
- Maintained strict accountability for PC's and network hardware as well as all applications utilized in house.
- Provided Help Desk support for all incoming calls to company help desk supporting users on and off company premises.
- Setup and configured new user accounts via Microsoft’s Active Directory. Cut and ran CAT 5 cable throughout company premises.
- Responded to all of Senior Network Administrators requests for network and user support related issues.
- Worked with senior specialists to provide company wide support in addressing all users technical related requests.
Confidential, SILVER SPRING, MD
Help Desk Specialist
- Provided Tier III help desk/desktop support assistance and configured new user accounts for new employees using Microsoft Active Directory as well as junior level Exchange Administration tasks.
- Setup and configured Dell among other manufacturers wireless access points for office employee utilization when required.
- Assisted in the development, maintenance, and promotion of departmental philosophies and methodologies relative to the Help Desk and IT services.
- Supported end users through understanding there systems to ensure timely problem resolution and to minimize service interruptions.
- Ensured that help desk client support expectations are met through first and second level problem determination and problem resolution efforts.
- Resolved technical problems related to Microsoft Windows environments and Microsoft Windows applications, electronic mail and mobile devices.
- Provided all levels of problem determination for desktop hardware and software related problems.
- Isolated problems and troubleshot all incoming help desk requests.
- Provided a consistently positive and motivated attitude on a day to day basis.
- Solved any and all problems submitted to help desk while executing decisions on a daily basis relative to the Help Desk responsibilities.
- Windows XP environment, 250 users supported.
- Utilized Vantive and Magic call tracking software to track, work and log problem issues submitted to help desk.
Confidential, GAITHERSBURG, MD
Confidential Tech Specialist / Help Desk
- Reported to senior office supervisor.
- Provided superior customer service at help desk to clients within the Confidential community.
- Managed customer technical support for some strategic client accounts.
- Provided customized application of tools and methods to personalize and meet client needs.
- Worked closely with client team to determine preferred course of action and plan implementations including business integration, performance management, risk analysis and scheduling.
- Ensured successful implementation of operational level plans and proper use of proprietary Confidential software applications and tools.
- Addressed end user connectivity issues utilizing VPN/FTP, Secure FTP, FTP Push and FTP over Dial PPP.
- Communicated engagement progress and results to management at all levels both formally and informally.
- Maintain high productivity levels providing technical assistance to over 10 companies daily.
- Provided technical support for Confidential proprietary Confidential Windows based software.
- Performing migration of client Confidential mailbox from Legacy AS/400 platform to UNIX based platform.
- Supported client connectivity problems related to client connectivity to GXS Unix based network utilizing once again VPN, dial up networking, PPP, AS2 and Web based connectivity options.
- Troubleshot Confidential data format problems by using Windows based Hex editors to insure Confidential standards are correctly implemented according to current ANSI standards.
- Proprietary HTML based tracking used in help desk environment. clients supported in the Windows, Linux and UNIX environments.