- To be a part of a professionally managed organization, which provides ample scope to build a challenging career, and provides enough space to perform and execute my skills to the optimum.
- Meticulous and highly accomplished Symantec Technical Specialist for Veritas Netbackup 6.5,7.5,7.6 Veritas Cluster Server with over 7 years of relevant experience in IT/ITes Sector as Netbackup Administrator\Consultant; currently associated with Confidential also cleared SA1 exam successfully, expertise in Veritas Netbackup 5.x/6.x/7.x, proposing and designing backup solutions delivering both High Availability\DR
- Taking leadership of projects starting from technical WriteUp for proposed solution, Detailed Implementation Plans, Bill of Quantities, and overall Project\Solution Document.
- Detail driven with outstanding communication skills and proven success in installation and administration of Veritas Netbackup on Master and Client Servers,Clustered/non - clustered environments, Ops Center, Veritas Storage Foundation, Veritas Cluster Server,Solaris 10,Redhat 6.2,Netbackup Appliances 5330/5230/5220/5020 , EMC DataDomain, Upgradation and migration of various environments to NetBackup 7.5.x/7.6.x and also experience in working on EMC VNX, Zoning,Symantec Enterprise Vault.
- 2.5 years of experience in working in Banking Domain.
- Result oriented decisive leader to maintain high quality standards to meet challenges of this fast paced, high turn-over industry.
- Multitasking ability to sketch the plan, prioritize the work and manage the complex projects under aggressive timelines.
- Proven track record of optimal utilization of resources leading to overall profitability. Tendency to thrive in fluid environments while remaining pragmatic and focused.
- Veritas Netbackup 5.1 / 6.5/7.1/7.5. x/7.6.0.x
- Veritas Cluster Server
- Solaris 10
- Veritas Volume Manager
- Veritas Storage Foundation
- EMC DataDomain
- Symantec Netbackup Appliances 5330/5230/5020/5220
- High Availability\Disaster Recovery
- Solution Designing and Documentation
- RedHat 6.x
- Installation/set up/upgrade environments
- Enterprise Vault
- Working with Platinum Symantec\EMC Partner as Technical Consultant, working with different clients and varied environments on a day to day basis.
- Involved in not only deliver Professional services for Post-sales Implementation, but also are involved in Pre-sales technical support activities and when required assisting customers in troubleshooting issues post-implementation.
- Exposure to work in some of the biggest and most complicated projects in the region
- Proposing\Designing new Backup HA\DR solutions as per requirement from clients, offering technical expertise in designing the solution, end to end implementations of projects including all documentation works
- Offer Pre-Sales and Post Sales services for enterprise clients encompassing nearly all major banks and financial institutions in UAE amongst major clients.
- Successfully completed migration of backup environment from NetBackup Appliances and DataDomain 860 to new DataDomain 4500 servers for one of the biggest financial conglomerates in Kuwait in a time span of 2 weeks which included upgradation of standard clients to SAN media servers, creating VTLs, configuring optimized duplications to DR site and offsite replication to remote site in UK
- Sole Netbackup Administrator managing the environment and taking care of all backup related issues/events/failures
- Implementing environment from scratch including setup of clustered master server, installation of Netbackup Appliance 5020/5220/5230 .
- Managing Veritas Cluster Server and Veritas Volume Manager
- Upgraded whole Netbackup Environment at Confidential of Kuwait to Netbackup 126.96.36.199 including master server, Appliance 5230/5220 (188.8.131.52), OpsCenter and Windows Media Servers.
- Migration of all the clients across various platforms from TSM to Netbackup including Netware, Windows 2000 servers.
- Configuring SAN Media servers, SAN clients, Exchange 2007 backup, Enterprise Vault, RMAN, SQL, NDMP, VMWare Backups.
- Installed and configured StorageTek SL500 library for monthly offsite backups configure duplication of backup images across Production & DR site using optimized duplication via SLP and Vault
- Setup OpsCenter server, configure automated customized reports.
- Management of Appliances 5020/5220/5230 , troubleshooting Disk pool related issues, checking PureDisk services, troubleshooting all kind of error messages, health check up and performance, resolving SPA authentication conflicts.
- Regularly schedule Disaster Recovery exercises, failover from production master server to DR master server.
- Disaster Recovery of Clients using Bare Metal Restore Utility.
- Setup VMWare environment using Windows Backup host and Exchannge 2007/2013 backups with GRT using MSDP Appliance 5230.
- Patching of master server to Netbackup 184.108.40.206, upgradation of Deduplication software to 220.127.116.11 on Appliace 5020 and upgradation of Appliance 5220 to version 2.5.3, deployment and migration to Appliance 5230
Senior Engineer - Server Management
- Taking care of complete backup environment
- Configuring, troubleshooting RMAN backups
- Installed/configure SAN media servers/SAN clients as per business requirements
- Handled SQL database backup, related incident.
- Work on Robots/Tapes/Tape Drive related issues for StorageTek SL3000 tape library
- Part of exclusive 3 member team taking care of L3 and escalated issues
- Taking care of 7 Production Lines spread across 4 datacenters with onsite presence.
- Responsible for complete ownership of servers including both OS and Netbackup
- Instrumental in setting up new production environments as per client request.
- Maintenance of all the production environments including regular upgrades, patching,
- Health and performance check of all the production lines.
- Working on hardware related issues and responsible for coordinating with hardware vendors for the same.
- Setting up severs for new datacenters right from scratch for both master and media
- Setting up and Implementation of Exchange 2010 backups with GRT
- Instrumental in synching root and mirror disks through Veritas Volume Manager
- Migration of disks from Solaris Volume Manager to Veritas Volume Manager
Analyst - Storage (Reporting to Manager)
- Backup and Recovery for various environments
- (Daily/weekly/monthly) in VERITAS Netbackup servers on media
- All types of backups including RMAN,NDMP and BCV backups
- Tape drive configuration in UNIX and windows
- Change Requests, Restores, System Restores
- Incidents and Backup Failures
- System Restoration (Disaster Recovery)
- Customization of RMAN scripts
- Involved in the installation of
- Backup agents, setting up master servers / new environment
- NBU Master and client Server and maintenance packs
- Leading and providing technical training to new hires
- Collaborating with other teams, users, clients onsite/offsite facilities and vendors like Iron Mountain, Symantec, HP etc
- Performing RCA (Root cause analysis) of Failures
- Responsible for the migration of the servers from Netbackup lower to higher version
- Monitoring daily Backup/Job Failure /Disk Alerts and ensuring proper resolution
- Performing restores from tapes and disk backups,SAN, NAS servers through VERITAS NetBackup, Symantec Backup Exec and HP Data protector,CA ArcServe and other tools.
- Providing Production Support and 24x7 support as per defined SLA
- Handling the decommission of Windows Master Servers using offloading servers, moving catalogs etc
- Resolving production issues using Remote Desktop Connection